Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans who go to away games regularly 16:56 - Oct 3 with 2375 viewsgtsb1966

how much on average do you think your ticket has cost since you've been able to go again. Shrews fans moaning like f*** about our prices and covid rules.
https://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/102209/ipswich-ticket-details-covid-re
Fans who go to away games regularly on 17:08 - Oct 3 with 2330 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

For the last few years we have been dearer than most other League one grounds for visiting supporters and one of the least inviting towns, which I think is sad.
I travel to most away fixtures and the restrictions we put on visitors as to where they can drink is very rare.
I can understand their frustration.
Fans who go to away games regularly on 17:14 - Oct 3 with 2305 viewsEastTownBlue

Fans who go to away games regularly on 17:08 - Oct 3 by Timefliesbyintheblue

For the last few years we have been dearer than most other League one grounds for visiting supporters and one of the least inviting towns, which I think is sad.
I travel to most away fixtures and the restrictions we put on visitors as to where they can drink is very rare.

Agree. While they are provided with their own pub in an ideal location, how many people in Ipswich would normally visit the Station pub ? I wouldn’t.

I remember a Tuesday night home match against Blackburn when a couple of their supporters were thrown out of a quiet pub after showing their shirts. There were only about a 100 of them that evening.
Fans who go to away games regularly on 17:30 - Oct 3 with 2249 viewsOldboy

Yesterday was £20. I would say £20-£25 is the average for L1.
Fans who go to away games regularly on 19:50 - Oct 3 with 2123 viewsAlanG296

They will have to pay us a lot of £27s to offset the £2million they took off us for Toto and Nolan, and compensate us for taking Hurst off their hands.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 19:59]
Fans who go to away games regularly on 20:59 - Oct 3 with 2046 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

While i get the cost of tickets gripe, i don't have any sympathy at alll with the griping over the sensible covid rules the club have in place.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Fans who go to away games regularly on 21:04 - Oct 3 with 2032 viewsBurns7

We are too expensive for a League One club, and I thought frankly our tickets were a rip-off in the Championship too. I remember us being more expensive than half the top division at one point for football you wouldn't want to see for free some weeks.
Fans who go to away games regularly on 21:05 - Oct 3 with 2015 viewsBluefish

25 is probably average

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Fans who go to away games regularly on 22:09 - Oct 3 with 1968 viewsskinnybob72

Burton was £18 for me and £5 for my son who is 8.
Accrington was £20 for me and £5 for my son.
Portsmouth is £24 for me and £7 for my son.

However, Town add £1.50 to each ticket and another £1.75 to post them out.

So prices vary a fair bit.
Login to get fewer ads

Fans who go to away games regularly on 23:23 - Oct 3 with 1933 viewsmattyhollandsirish

Sounds like a few Shrewsbury fans trying to justify why they'll bring about 200. Much like most other sides in this league. Nothing to do with price/covid rules. Not really meant to be a dig, just no one bar the Wednesdays, Pompey, Sunderland of the league etc travel.
Fans who go to away games regularly on 23:40 - Oct 3 with 1915 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s the least of your worries when you go away as well. Travel, food, etc., costs far more.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Fans who go to away games regularly on 09:00 - Oct 4 with 1789 viewsPinewoodblue

Fans who go to away games regularly on 20:59 - Oct 3 by StochesStotasBlewe

While i get the cost of tickets gripe, i don't have any sympathy at alll with the griping over the sensible covid rules the club have in place.

Even with the restrictions Covid is still being spread at Portman Road.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Fans who go to away games regularly on 09:19 - Oct 4 with 1756 viewsWD19

Cheltenham was £26. No drinking at all in the stadium and a mobile burger van.

On average this season I have paid £25 for away tickets + surcharge/delivery on top.

I think in this division anything <£25 is fine. Once it starts getting beyond that it feels unnecessary.
Fans who go to away games regularly on 16:03 - Oct 4 with 1628 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Fans who go to away games regularly on 17:08 - Oct 3 by Timefliesbyintheblue

What restrictions are these? Do pubs in the town stop members of the public choosing where they want to have a pint? I find that hard to believe.
Fans who go to away games regularly on 16:13 - Oct 4 with 1612 viewsBlue_Moses

Fans who go to away games regularly on 22:09 - Oct 3 by skinnybob72

Burton was £18 for me and £5 for my son who is 8.
Accrington was £20 for me and £5 for my son.
Portsmouth is £24 for me and £7 for my son.

However, Town add £1.50 to each ticket and another £1.75 to post them out.

So prices vary a fair bit.

Got 6 tickets for Cambridge, paid the £1.75 postage and the club sent them in 6 separate envelopes... couldn't make it up
Fans who go to away games regularly on 17:03 - Oct 4 with 1571 viewsMullet

The cost of everything seems to be going up, but my returns to FPR always cost the most I think. I'm sure it's roughly £28 for a one off ticket in Churchmans.

Still at least it's better than when Leeds charge you £40 to go to chuffing Leeds.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Fans who go to away games regularly on 17:35 - Oct 4 with 1534 viewsVaughan8

Yes we are expensive. However I paid £23 for a Stevenage v tranmere game a few years back in League 2 so in comparison to that......

We are epxnesive and they can rightly moan at that. The covid thing isn't really much is it? N ot sure why so many people have a problem with it. Aren't many other clubs doing it then?
Fans who go to away games regularly on 17:36 - Oct 4 with 1535 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Fans who go to away games regularly on 16:03 - Oct 4 by BlueBlueBluex2

What restrictions are these? Do pubs in the town stop members of the public choosing where they want to have a pint? I find that hard to believe.

If you are an away fan visiting Portman Rd, you will find it almost impossible to drink anywhere apart from The Station Hotel. More so if you are in a group or and wearing colours. Ipswich Pubs are told to be Home supporters only.
Fans who go to away games regularly on 17:45 - Oct 4 with 1518 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Fans who go to away games regularly on 09:00 - Oct 4 by Pinewoodblue

Even with the restrictions Covid is still being spread at Portman Road.

I would have been amazed if it hadn’t.
However, the clubs rules re Covid vaccination and ID are hardly the draconian measures some visiting supporters seem to be suggesting.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Fans who go to away games regularly on 18:02 - Oct 4 with 1497 viewshappybeingblue

Fans who go to away games regularly on 17:36 - Oct 4 by Timefliesbyintheblue

If you are an away fan visiting Portman Rd, you will find it almost impossible to drink anywhere apart from The Station Hotel. More so if you are in a group or and wearing colours. Ipswich Pubs are told to be Home supporters only.

plenty of sheff wednesday fans in yates and mannings before the game they did not have colours on but the accent gave it away chatted to a couple of them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024