Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. 09:27 - Oct 4 with 1644 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Any one else going....have to admit to to some Covid apprehension but also can't wait.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 09:30 - Oct 4 with 1627 viewshoppy

Yes… I’m going! Having really enjoyed Sound City Ipswich on Friday and Saturday, looking forward to this as well!
When I turned on radio 6 music this morning, they were playing Fontaine’s DC at that moment!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 09:33 - Oct 4 with 1613 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 09:30 - Oct 4 by hoppy

Yes… I’m going! Having really enjoyed Sound City Ipswich on Friday and Saturday, looking forward to this as well!
When I turned on radio 6 music this morning, they were playing Fontaine’s DC at that moment!

Great stuff, let's hope we stay healthy surrounded by all those reckless yoofs!

Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 09:42 - Oct 4 with 1586 viewshoppy

Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 09:33 - Oct 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

Great stuff, let's hope we stay healthy surrounded by all those reckless yoofs!

Well, if you see someone stood on their own, singing to himself songs in the late 400’s, probably in branded attire as going straight from a work meeting, then do say hi!

Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 09:59 - Oct 4 with 1556 viewsnodge_blue

im a big fan of their first album. im sure it will be a great gig.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 10:16 - Oct 4 with 1530 viewsJakeITFC

Yes, I'll be there too - probably with a late dash to make the train back to Ipswich.
Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 10:19 - Oct 4 with 1523 viewsDubtractor

I saw them headline green man in the summer. I thought the live performance was much better than the albums, which are obviously decent, but it seemed to just have more impact live.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 11:06 - Oct 4 with 1476 viewsBlueBadger

Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 09:42 - Oct 4 by hoppy

Well, if you see someone stood on their own, singing to himself songs in the late 400’s, probably in branded attire as going straight from a work meeting, then do say hi!

'if you see someone stood on their own, singing to himself songs in the late 400’s'.....than you've managed to persuade Facters to come out as well?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 16:01 - Oct 4 with 1367 viewshoppy

Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 11:06 - Oct 4 by BlueBadger

'if you see someone stood on their own, singing to himself songs in the late 400’s'.....than you've managed to persuade Facters to come out as well?

He said if it had been Fontaines BC, it would've been more his scene and era...

Login to get fewer ads

Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 16:11 - Oct 4 with 1357 viewsGlasgowBlue

I have the Manics tomorrow night at the Glasgow Barrowlands. No Covid apprehension. 4th gig in as many weeks.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 16:16 - Oct 4 with 1351 viewsRomeo4

Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 16:11 - Oct 4 by GlasgowBlue

I have the Manics tomorrow night at the Glasgow Barrowlands. No Covid apprehension. 4th gig in as many weeks.

Great band…………as long as they don’t play anything they made after 1996!
Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 16:20 - Oct 4 with 1347 viewsRomeo4

I’m the first to admit my musical tendencies are stuck in the past. In my opinion music peaked in about 1992! However the only “new” bands who have made an impact on me in recent times has been Fontaines DC and Idles. Stands out in a sea of mediocrity these days.
Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 16:27 - Oct 4 with 1341 viewsGlasgowBlue

Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 16:16 - Oct 4 by Romeo4

Great band…………as long as they don’t play anything they made after 1996!

They have made some damn fine music since 1996. This is their latest offering which is up there with Motorcycle Emptiness imo.

Iron Lion Zion

Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 16:36 - Oct 4 with 1330 viewsRomeo4

Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 16:27 - Oct 4 by GlasgowBlue

They have made some damn fine music since 1996. This is their latest offering which is up there with Motorcycle Emptiness imo.

Sorry, my comment was a bit glib. I loved them back in the day. Generation Terrorists and the Holy Bible are genuine classics. After Richey ‘left’ I found their stuff a bit too polished for my taste.

Each to their own though. I’m sure they’ll put on a great show. Enjoy.
Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 19:36 - Oct 4 with 1275 viewsDBaldy

Not wishing to threadjack, but I've been to see Royal Blood and the Subways in the past month.

At the RB gig (UEA) you had to show proof of vaccination etc to get in & there were a handful of people wearing masks.

My mate managed to come down with Covid about 3 days later but I was fine, despite spending over an hour each way in his car, along with being in close proximity for part of the gig before we got separated in the mosh.

At the Subways (Waterfront) there were ZERO Covid requirements to get in & maybe 3 or 4 people with masks. No Covid again for me (or my mate, obviously...)

Just thought it was interesting that 2 venues owned / operated by the same company had totally different attitudes.

And both gigs were really good FWIW, was almost like life was back to normal.

Enjoy the gig tonight.
Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 23:03 - Oct 4 with 1216 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 19:36 - Oct 4 by DBaldy

Not wishing to threadjack, but I've been to see Royal Blood and the Subways in the past month.

At the RB gig (UEA) you had to show proof of vaccination etc to get in & there were a handful of people wearing masks.

My mate managed to come down with Covid about 3 days later but I was fine, despite spending over an hour each way in his car, along with being in close proximity for part of the gig before we got separated in the mosh.

At the Subways (Waterfront) there were ZERO Covid requirements to get in & maybe 3 or 4 people with masks. No Covid again for me (or my mate, obviously...)

Just thought it was interesting that 2 venues owned / operated by the same company had totally different attitudes.

And both gigs were really good FWIW, was almost like life was back to normal.

Enjoy the gig tonight.

Thanks for that.
It was all good, we just realised that Fontaines at UEA was our last gig before lockdown so picking up where we left off. Better sound at UEA tbh...bit tinny tonight with the high roof.
Now driving home listening to

Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 05:58 - Oct 5 with 1143 viewsbrogansnose

Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 23:03 - Oct 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

Thanks for that.
It was all good, we just realised that Fontaines at UEA was our last gig before lockdown so picking up where we left off. Better sound at UEA tbh...bit tinny tonight with the high roof.
Now driving home listening to

Yep, was a top night. Seems there was a good showing from the TWTD's massive and I did wonder if the A14 closure messed people getting back to Suffolk.

Anyway, Manics there next week

Bankie, I chuffing love the Mob.
Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 07:50 - Oct 5 with 1110 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 05:58 - Oct 5 by brogansnose

Yep, was a top night. Seems there was a good showing from the TWTD's massive and I did wonder if the A14 closure messed people getting back to Suffolk.

The A14 was a nightmare....did the diversion through Newmarket got to the bridge over A14 and their was still a roadblock so got funnelled back on the A14 to Cambridge again. Second time around the bridge had been cleared!

Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 09:22 - Oct 5 with 1064 viewshoppy

Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 07:50 - Oct 5 by BanksterDebtSlave

The A14 was a nightmare....did the diversion through Newmarket got to the bridge over A14 and their was still a roadblock so got funnelled back on the A14 to Cambridge again. Second time around the bridge had been cleared!

Yes, that was fun… we took a diversion from the diversion… when we got to the bridge being shut, I turned round and headed back towards Newmarket town centre and then took a left taking that route towards Bury. I dropped JakeITFC off and then stepped in my front door as my watched turned exactly 0:00, so at least I avoided my car turning into a giant pumpkin.

Enjoyed the gig tho - have been a bit spoilt for music this weekend! It’s so good being able to go to live music again!

Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 13:18 - Oct 6 with 941 viewsGlasgowBlue

Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 05:58 - Oct 5 by brogansnose

Enjoy the Manics Brogs. Fantastic gig last night, but Christ James Dean Bradfield single handedly carries that band these days.

Little Baby Nothing was a rare treat.

Iron Lion Zion

Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 14:17 - Oct 6 with 900 viewshoppy

Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 13:18 - Oct 6 by GlasgowBlue

Enjoy the Manics Brogs. Fantastic gig last night, but Christ James Dean Bradfield single handedly carries that band these days.

Little Baby Nothing was a rare treat.

Didn't realise that was his full name...

(btw... good to see you managed to catch up with KJ at Accrington last weekend!)

Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 14:17 - Oct 6 with 898 viewsBluish

Going to Storey's Field Centre, Cambridge on Thursday to see Lanterns on the Lake. Anyone been there before?
Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 17:43 - Oct 6 with 842 viewsGlasgowBlue

Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 14:17 - Oct 6 by hoppy

Didn't realise that was his full name...

(btw... good to see you managed to catch up with KJ at Accrington last weekend!)

Yeah it was good to see her and Yasmin mate.

Did she show you the selfie she took with Dexter? He's grown a fluffy student beard.

Iron Lion Zion

Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 20:31 - Oct 6 with 779 viewsOsborneOneNil

Fontaines DC gig tonight in Cambridge. on 16:20 - Oct 4 by Romeo4

I’m the first to admit my musical tendencies are stuck in the past. In my opinion music peaked in about 1992! However the only “new” bands who have made an impact on me in recent times has been Fontaines DC and Idles. Stands out in a sea of mediocrity these days.

Tried the DMA's?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024