Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keno - The Voice of Reason ....... 13:00 - Oct 4 with 1590 viewsKeno

there has been a lot of angst and bollox over the weekend and I thought it was time for a sensible sane poster to diffuse the insanity and bring an air of calm reason to the board, so here goes ......

It was always going to take time for a new team to sort themselves out and start playing and while I would like use to winning every game 6-0 playing exciting free flowing football realistically that was never going to happen so quickly. In effect 'this team; has players 2 games.

The one thing this team needs is time and there is enough quality for it to start to fly but, and there are two Jamie Peters sized buts,

- the club and players have to adapt in life in Div 1 and stop thinking we are 'too good' "too nice' and get down and graft
- they have to sit out individual errors for which we are getting punished

I really hope Paul Cook comes good, on paper he is the guy for the job but the quality of the back room staff does concern me. McGreal as a defensive coach wouldn't be a bad move.

I'm prepared to give the him the next couple of months and if things start dont turn round dont expect to he last into December.

In that case I'd like to see Mowbray, maybe Dyer.

So there you have it.

Remember you dont get promoted in October, you have to wait until April/May for that

COYBS!!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Keno - The Voice of Reason ....... on 13:01 - Oct 4 with 1549 viewsJ2BLUE

Let us know when that sensible sane poster logs on...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Keno - The Voice of Reason ....... on 13:02 - Oct 4 with 1542 viewsBlueBadger

You don't get promoted in October, but you *can* do yourself out of promotion in October...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Keno - The Voice of Reason ....... on 13:03 - Oct 4 with 1536 viewsKeno

Keno - The Voice of Reason ....... on 13:01 - Oct 4 by J2BLUE

Let us know when that sensible sane poster logs on...

You are here J2!!

Keno - The Voice of Reason ....... on 13:03 - Oct 4 with 1539 viewsBobbychase

I would love Mowbray as well, have done for years. Trouble is he has always turned us down, without fail.

Dyer - I also advocated this towards the end of the Lambert regime. Trouble with that one is that the same people saying Cook is the issue because his backroom team is too inexperienced might have some sort of meltdown. At least Cook has a strong CV as a manager, Dyer has nothing when it comes to being a first-team boss.

Overall though, good post. I maintain most Town fans I know will give Cook until the New Year, and the owners will probably give him longer than that. Twitter gives a very false impression sometimes.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Keno - The Voice of Reason ....... on 13:04 - Oct 4 with 1528 viewsKeno

Keno - The Voice of Reason ....... on 13:02 - Oct 4 by BlueBadger

You don't get promoted in October, but you *can* do yourself out of promotion in October...

True that does happen very often, unless the mindset of the team is so bad its a foregone conclusion

Keno - The Voice of Reason ....... on 13:04 - Oct 4 with 1527 viewsJ2BLUE

Keno - The Voice of Reason ....... on 13:03 - Oct 4 by Keno

You are here J2!!

Nah I give up. This forum swings like a pendulum after every win/loss. Becoming more and more tedious to be honest.

Edit: Post edited after I saw the offence caused by the original post I referenced.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2021 13:08]

Truly impaired.

Keno - The Voice of Reason ....... on 13:07 - Oct 4 with 1487 viewsreusersfreekicks

Keno - The Voice of Reason ....... on 13:03 - Oct 4 by Bobbychase

I would love Mowbray as well, have done for years. Trouble is he has always turned us down, without fail.

Dyer - I also advocated this towards the end of the Lambert regime. Trouble with that one is that the same people saying Cook is the issue because his backroom team is too inexperienced might have some sort of meltdown. At least Cook has a strong CV as a manager, Dyer has nothing when it comes to being a first-team boss.

Overall though, good post. I maintain most Town fans I know will give Cook until the New Year, and the owners will probably give him longer than that. Twitter gives a very false impression sometimes.

Dyer is a pipe dream of over sentimental fans
Keno - The Voice of Reason ....... on 13:12 - Oct 4 with 1437 viewsFtnfwest

wensleydale?
Login to get fewer ads

Keno - The Voice of Reason ....... on 13:14 - Oct 4 with 1413 viewsJ2BLUE

Keno - The Voice of Reason ....... on 13:07 - Oct 4 by reusersfreekicks

One of the few disadvantages of the takeover is that Dyer is now further away from the manager job than ever.

Although that might be a good thing as we don't want a legend ruined by Evans' incompetence. Dyer seems to be doing well with the U23s and could well work his way into Gamechanger's plans.

Truly impaired.

Keno - The Voice of Reason ....... on 13:23 - Oct 4 with 1365 viewsKeno

Keno - The Voice of Reason ....... on 13:12 - Oct 4 by Ftnfwest

wensleydale?

I haven't had any Caerphilly for a while

Keno - The Voice of Reason ....... on 13:27 - Oct 4 with 1343 viewshype313

In Cook we trust or rust? I can't make my mind up.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Keno - The Voice of Reason ....... on 13:31 - Oct 4 with 1332 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Needs a good October.

Most of this team has been together a while now, and Cook wasnt expecting to have Morsy or Celina.

Too many free passes going around.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Keno - The Voice of Reason ....... on 13:38 - Oct 4 with 1306 viewsWickets

Keno - The Voice of Reason ....... on 13:07 - Oct 4 by reusersfreekicks

I agree as the last thing we need is more inexperienced coach .
Keno - The Voice of Reason ....... on 14:37 - Oct 4 with 1204 viewsrickw

We have to give him more time - we've spent a lot getting in the squad he wants.

The next 3 games are Gillingham, Shrewsbury and Cambridge - 3 teams in the bottom half of L1 and expected to finish there, if we can't pick up points against them then it may be time to start to reconsider on Cook, but I still believe he'll turn it around and we'll start moving upwards

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Keno - The Voice of Reason ....... on 16:02 - Oct 4 with 1088 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Dyer.

Incredible.,
Keno - The Voice of Reason ....... on 16:37 - Oct 4 with 1039 viewsOsborneOneNil

Keno - The Voice of Reason ....... on 13:04 - Oct 4 by Keno

True that does happen very often, unless the mindset of the team is so bad its a foregone conclusion

As we discussed earlier, Keno, it's a bit of a mind fuvk!! EVERYTHING is in place, including the best (apparently) manager in the EFL, certainly my choice.....BUT, it's not quite happening, yet.

I am praying it clicks, because if it doesn't, we could do a typical Ipswich and totally balls up our best chance of success we've had for decades.
Keno - The Voice of Reason ....... on 17:41 - Oct 4 with 977 viewsSwansea_Blue

Keno - The Voice of Reason ....... on 16:02 - Oct 4 by BlueBlueBluex2

Dyer.

Incredible.,

Done a good job so far, well regarded and would be spot on in terms of culture. There’d be plenty of worse options. I’m not close enough to know whether he’s ready of course, but would be disappointed if he wasn’t at least looked at given what we know about him.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Keno - The Voice of Reason ....... on 13:42 - Oct 5 with 840 viewsKitman

The Voice of Reason? You need to watch it there Keno.....you'll have a certain Mr Alex Belfield after you if you nick his handle!

Blog: [Blog] Interesting Start to the New Season

Keno - The Voice of Reason ....... on 13:47 - Oct 5 with 817 viewsKeno

Keno - The Voice of Reason ....... on 13:42 - Oct 5 by Kitman

The Voice of Reason? You need to watch it there Keno.....you'll have a certain Mr Alex Belfield after you if you nick his handle!

It was a tribute to missed poster of old

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024