Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can anyone explain Drake to me please? 13:58 - Oct 4 with 1548 viewsgiant_stow

He's massively hugely monumental and even critics seem to like his crap, but to me it's just a Casio keyboard track with some bad auto-tuned 'singing' about nothing over the top.

Why's everyone love his music? Has it got something deeper to it that only those in the know can appreciate?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Can anyone explain Drake to me please? on 14:01 - Oct 4 with 1520 viewsgtsb1966

Good sailor though.
Can anyone explain Drake to me please? on 14:09 - Oct 4 with 1487 viewsKeno

Can anyone explain Drake to me please? on 14:01 - Oct 4 by gtsb1966

Good sailor though.

Its a duck with a penis

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Can anyone explain Drake to me please? on 14:10 - Oct 4 with 1479 viewsgiant_stow

Can anyone explain Drake to me please? on 14:01 - Oct 4 by gtsb1966

Good sailor though.

I have no problem with his sailing, just his weird tunes.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Can anyone explain Drake to me please? on 14:12 - Oct 4 with 1474 viewsgtsb1966

Can anyone explain Drake to me please? on 14:10 - Oct 4 by giant_stow

I have no problem with his sailing, just his weird tunes.

I'm with you on that but I'm 55 so what would I know about modern music.
Can anyone explain Drake to me please? on 14:17 - Oct 4 with 1453 viewsgiant_stow

Can anyone explain Drake to me please? on 14:12 - Oct 4 by gtsb1966

Yeah, I'm too old to get it too I spose, but can appreciate other youngster music occasionally. - just not this plop.

Can anyone explain Drake to me please? on 14:17 - Oct 4 with 1452 viewsTIB

Can anyone explain Drake to me please? on 14:12 - Oct 4 by gtsb1966

As a 34 year old, I've pondered of late the hype around him. Nothing has been stand out...quite liked the "Hold On" track but much of his other stuff I've heard, to me, has just been meh.

I believe there is some history between him and The Weekend with tracks...want to say The Weekend guy claimed to have written a lot of Drake's early stuff just so he could earn some money.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Can anyone explain Drake to me please? on 14:18 - Oct 4 with 1450 viewshype313

He's no Howard Jones.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Can anyone explain Drake to me please? on 14:23 - Oct 4 with 1425 viewsIP4_Blue

Can't stand him tbh. Just very commercial. I personally prefer Kendrick Lamar, Kanye West
Login to get fewer ads

Can anyone explain Drake to me please? on 14:35 - Oct 4 with 1397 viewsleitrimblue

Can anyone explain Drake to me please? on 14:18 - Oct 4 by hype313

He's no Howard Jones.

But he does have a bit of the Nik Kershaw about him
Can anyone explain Drake to me please? on 14:40 - Oct 4 with 1371 viewsgiant_stow

Can anyone explain Drake to me please? on 14:17 - Oct 4 by TIB

As a 34 year old, I've pondered of late the hype around him. Nothing has been stand out...quite liked the "Hold On" track but much of his other stuff I've heard, to me, has just been meh.

I believe there is some history between him and The Weekend with tracks...want to say The Weekend guy claimed to have written a lot of Drake's early stuff just so he could earn some money.

didn't know that about the the weekend guy - interesting.

Can anyone explain Drake to me please? on 14:49 - Oct 4 with 1331 viewsBlue_Moses

Not my type of music but he's been around for over a decade now so fair play to him.
Can anyone explain Drake to me please? on 14:53 - Oct 4 with 1318 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Can anyone explain Drake to me please? on 14:18 - Oct 4 by hype313

He's no Howard Jones.

He's no Nick either

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Can anyone explain Drake to me please? on 14:58 - Oct 4 with 1302 viewshype313

Can anyone explain Drake to me please? on 14:35 - Oct 4 by leitrimblue

But he does have a bit of the Nik Kershaw about him

Ahh Ipswich's finest.

Behind Ed obviously.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Can anyone explain Drake to me please? on 15:04 - Oct 4 with 1281 viewsleitrimblue

Can anyone explain Drake to me please? on 14:58 - Oct 4 by hype313

Ahh Ipswich's finest.

Behind Ed obviously.

If he sang the Riddle, which I think he did I'm gonna squeeze him In front of the ginger. I had a friend who was semi obsessed with Howard Jones as a kid then suddenly one morning he was dressed all in black and was suddenly a goth. I could never work out who sucked more the Cult or Howard Jones
Can anyone explain Drake to me please? on 15:07 - Oct 4 with 1267 viewsBlueandTruesince82

No.

Don't get it either... its not quite singing, it's not quite rapping as far as I can tell it's just talking over music and even I can manage a bit of spoken word

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Can anyone explain Drake to me please? on 15:19 - Oct 4 with 1243 viewsMerseyBlue

I sort of liked that one album "If you're reading this it's too late" but that's about it. Even with that album, I haven't listened to it for a few years so not sure if it would catch the ear in the same way now.

He's undoubtedly successful but it's all pretty mediocre stuff in my opinion. Obviously there is a lot of talk about ghost writers which gives weight to the idea of him as a popstar rather than a credible rapper.

The worst things about him are the allegations about his relationships with underage girls. It seems weird that he was texting teenage artists whilst they were 16 and under when he was in his 30s, even if the texts were not explicit or sexual. Not a good look when combined with the video footage of him dancing on stage with a young girl and crediting R Kelly on your latest album.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2021 15:20]

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Can anyone explain Drake to me please? on 21:57 - Oct 4 with 1079 viewsfactual_blue

His sister was in Crossroads.

He's dead now, by the way, but very much the archetype of the bed-sit singer-songwriters.

This is who you're talking about, right? Rather dismissively I have to say, which is a bit disappointing.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2021 21:58]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Can anyone explain Drake to me please? on 22:04 - Oct 4 with 1063 viewsTractorWood

I like him. The video to God's plan is a nice touch. Worth watching.

Kudos above to the Sir Francis Drake reference above. I would have also liked a reference to Frank Drake who came up with the Drake equation that attempts to calculate the likelihood of other radio-communicative life forms outside of Earth.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation
[Post edited 4 Oct 2021 22:08]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Can anyone explain Drake to me please? on 00:08 - Oct 5 with 955 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He is a genius at using markets and trends to keep on top of the game.

His old stuff is amazing imo, not such a big fan of the new stuff.

But he changed modern music undoubtedly

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Can anyone explain Drake to me please? on 12:05 - Oct 5 with 808 viewsDinDjarin

Mumble Rap is a stain on humanity.

I have a very open ear to music and do really feel sorry for my kids generation as 99% of it is utter garbage.
Can anyone explain Drake to me please? on 12:13 - Oct 5 with 791 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

He has been photographed wearing a whole plethora of different football shirts* at matches etc.

For that reason I am out.

* There are memes of him wearing Man Utd, Citeh, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea shirts etc.
Can anyone explain Drake to me please? on 12:28 - Oct 5 with 759 viewsJ2BLUE

Can anyone explain Drake to me please? on 12:13 - Oct 5 by King_of_Portman_Rd

He has been photographed wearing a whole plethora of different football shirts* at matches etc.

For that reason I am out.

* There are memes of him wearing Man Utd, Citeh, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea shirts etc.

Doesn't mean anything unless he has claimed to be a fan of any of those teams. I love NFL but don't support a team. Would I wear different jerseys at matches? Yea, why not.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Can anyone explain Drake to me please? on 12:36 - Oct 5 with 745 viewsJakeITFC

I think he has a quite effortless flow and being able to do his own singing vocals made for quite a lot of crossover success. I think since his initial few records he's been able to mould his style and capture the zeitgeist well. Him throwing his weight behind UK artists added a fair bit of credibility to that scene which is also something to praise him for.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024