Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Insulate Britain - wow 14:23 - Oct 4 with 15150 viewsgalacticoblue

Insulate Britain - wow on 14:26 - Oct 4 with 4862 viewsTractorCam

They are humongous, selfish twots.

I enjoyed this

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Insulate Britain - wow on 14:30 - Oct 4 with 4816 viewsgalacticoblue

Insulate Britain - wow on 14:26 - Oct 4 by TractorCam

I enjoyed this

Yes good to see, but why aren’t the police doing that?
[Post edited 4 Oct 2021 14:34]
Insulate Britain - wow on 14:32 - Oct 4 with 4797 viewsTractorCam

Insulate Britain - wow on 14:30 - Oct 4 by galacticoblue

Yes good to see, but why aren’t the police doing that?
[Post edited 4 Oct 2021 14:34]

Probably because it's deemed 'peaceful'. Think a load of Ipswich fans should sit on the road at Charlton away and see how the police retaliate.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Insulate Britain - wow on 14:33 - Oct 4 with 4763 viewschicoazul

I enjoyed this

An excellent analogy of modern TWTD

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Insulate Britain - wow on 14:38 - Oct 4 with 4717 viewsgiant_stow

The tragic things is by behaving almost like terrorists, they guarantee that the gov can't give them what they want.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Insulate Britain - wow on 14:42 - Oct 4 with 4682 viewschicoazul

Insulate Britain - wow on 14:38 - Oct 4 by giant_stow

The tragic things is by behaving almost like terrorists, they guarantee that the gov can't give them what they want.

Terrorists come off it luv. They’re protestors.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Insulate Britain - wow on 14:43 - Oct 4 with 4661 viewsElderGrizzly

They were blocking ambulances earlier too.
Insulate Britain - wow on 14:43 - Oct 4 with 4666 viewsPlums

I enjoyed this

As soon as you’re blocking an ambulance or someone like that poor woman with her mother on her way to hospital any public sympathy that may exist instantly evaporates.
What a shower.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Login to get fewer ads

Insulate Britain - wow on 14:48 - Oct 4 with 4585 viewsIllinoisblue

Insulate Britain - wow on 14:42 - Oct 4 by chicoazul

No, Ulla is correct here.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Insulate Britain - wow on 14:48 - Oct 4 with 4585 viewsDanTheMan

Insulate Britain - wow on 14:43 - Oct 4 by ElderGrizzly

They were blocking ambulances earlier too.

That is very, very wrong.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Insulate Britain - wow on 14:50 - Oct 4 with 4562 viewsmonytowbray

The more this goes on the less I think it has to do with XR and they are bad actors.

For a start, very specific campaign, to insulate Britain, when XR is about government honesty and opening the platform for solutions.

And then there are MASSIVE corporate interests in that particular message.

I do wonder if someone’s put them there intentionally to undermine the very real threat of climate change.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Insulate Britain - wow on 14:53 - Oct 4 with 4538 viewschicoazul

Insulate Britain - wow on 14:48 - Oct 4 by Illinoisblue

No, Ulla is correct here.

Terrorists use violence for political ends.

Insulate Britain - wow on 14:54 - Oct 4 with 4512 viewsgiant_stow

Insulate Britain - wow on 14:42 - Oct 4 by chicoazul

Personally, I think they're behaving like fundamentalists - there's no sign of possible negotiations (in public at least) or a desire to talk it out. Its their way or nothing. That leaves very little room for a satisfactory govt response.

Btw, I'm not calling them terrorists - just saying their tactics are more than similar.

Very sad as I'd imagine its a cause most could agree with and as individuals, the price they're going to pay is just increasing.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Insulate Britain - wow on 14:55 - Oct 4 with 4489 viewsElderGrizzly

Insulate Britain - wow on 14:50 - Oct 4 by monytowbray

The more this goes on the less I think it has to do with XR and they are bad actors.

For a start, very specific campaign, to insulate Britain, when XR is about government honesty and opening the platform for solutions.

I do wonder if someone’s put them there intentionally to undermine the very real threat of climate change.

Their main spokesperson was a millionaire property mogul who had a portfolio of uninsulated homes...

When challenged he said he couldn't afford to.

It's not the best hearts and minds winning strategy
Insulate Britain - wow on 14:56 - Oct 4 with 4476 viewshype313

Insulate Britain - wow on 14:54 - Oct 4 by giant_stow

Personally, I think they're behaving like fundamentalists - there's no sign of possible negotiations (in public at least) or a desire to talk it out. Its their way or nothing. That leaves very little room for a satisfactory govt response.

Btw, I'm not calling them terrorists - just saying their tactics are more than similar.

Very sad as I'd imagine its a cause most could agree with and as individuals, the price they're going to pay is just increasing.

It's only a matter of time before someone runs over one of them.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Insulate Britain - wow on 14:58 - Oct 4 with 4451 viewsgiant_stow

Insulate Britain - wow on 14:56 - Oct 4 by hype313

It's only a matter of time before someone runs over one of them.

agreed.

Insulate Britain - wow on 15:00 - Oct 4 with 4423 viewschicoazul

Insulate Britain - wow on 14:54 - Oct 4 by giant_stow

Protestors are entitled to be annoying and inconvenient. That’s the point of a protest. Until all this began I had no idea about insulate Britain and their goals and now we all know them. I think it’s wrong to equivocate their actions to the IRA though.

Insulate Britain - wow on 15:00 - Oct 4 with 4423 viewsGeoffSentence

It all seems counter-productive to me. A worthwhile message being tainted by these tactics.

As an aside, if anyone would like to chat to them, they do have that option on their website

https://www.insulatebritain.com/

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Insulate Britain - wow on 15:13 - Oct 4 with 4333 viewsgiant_stow

Insulate Britain - wow on 15:00 - Oct 4 by chicoazul

Protestors are entitled to be annoying and inconvenient. That’s the point of a protest. Until all this began I had no idea about insulate Britain and their goals and now we all know them. I think it’s wrong to equivocate their actions to the IRA though.

Yes, protests are meant to be inconvenient and that's legitimate, but there is a cross-over point where protests become pointlessly destructive, No govt can give in to them now and that's the similarity with terrorism.

Insulate Britain - wow on 15:19 - Oct 4 with 4270 viewsBlueBadger

Insulate Britain - wow on 14:50 - Oct 4 by monytowbray

I fear you're scribing a level of competence to our current powers that be that simply isn't there. I suspect they're just the environmental equivalent of PETA.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Insulate Britain - wow on 15:23 - Oct 4 with 4257 viewshype313

But at least show some empathy to a women who is trying to follow her mother in an Ambulance, especially given she drives an electric car.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Insulate Britain - wow on 15:29 - Oct 4 with 4224 viewspeterleeblue

I enjoyed this

And the next issue will be when the guys moving the protestors end up on a charge of GBH. All very sad really.
Insulate Britain - wow on 15:32 - Oct 4 with 4211 viewsgalacticoblue

Their ´protests´ are endangering lives and are unlawful.
Insulate Britain - wow on 15:33 - Oct 4 with 4201 viewstractordownsouth

Performative campaigning is one of my biggest pet hates. These w@nkers know that they turn the public away from the worthy cause of environmentalism but they're so overdosed on their moral superiority that they're willing to put this woman through immense stress because they're convinced that everyone else is beneath them.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Insulate Britain - wow on 15:59 - Oct 4 with 4050 viewschicoazul

Insulate Britain - wow on 15:13 - Oct 4 by giant_stow

Yes, protests are meant to be inconvenient and that's legitimate, but there is a cross-over point where protests become pointlessly destructive, No govt can give in to them now and that's the similarity with terrorism.

Hey we gave in to the IRA so.
Plus I think the Govt are taking more and more actions to support IBs aims. Maybe in spite of not because of but still.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024