Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris 07:49 - Oct 5 with 5676 viewsblueislander

Utter shambles from Boris this morning . He is blaming all the current economic problems that the country and the population are suffering on the fact that our economy is recovering very quickly. He totally failed to recognize the reality that many people are having difficulties in getting enough food to feed their families.
Boris on 07:54 - Oct 5 with 3611 viewsHerbivore

Never have we had a PM so demonstrably unfit for the role. He's utterly clueless, morally bankrupt, and lacking in any tangible positive qualities. People are impressed by his plummy accent and the odd bit of Latin but he's not even a good speaker, just mumbles and bumbles along saying nothing of any substance. Anyone who voted for this shower needs to give their head a wobble.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2021 8:08]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Boris on 08:01 - Oct 5 with 3570 viewsblueislander

Boris on 07:54 - Oct 5 by Herbivore

Never have we had a PM so demonstrably unfit for the role. He's utterly clueless, morally bankrupt, and lacking in any tangible positive qualities. People are impressed by his plummy accent and the odd bit of Latin but he's not even a good speaker, just mumbles and bumbles along saying nothing of any substance. Anyone who voted for this shower needs to give their head a wobble.

This morning’s interview was just total waffle. He did not address any of the issues.
Boris on 08:02 - Oct 5 with 3574 viewsunstableblue

Boris on 07:54 - Oct 5 by Herbivore

The conservative cabinet and senior MPs have been very well briefed ahead of this conference and the spin is in full whirl… Brexit is being positioned as this positive force for our labour market, some levelling up panacea

The only way forward is a green economic agenda and rebuilding some form of labour movement with Europe

Also. Watch them go hard after the BBC after Marr did what he should have been doing and the BBCs role in the Pandora papers. Which lay bare the failings of taxing the super rich and just general sleaze.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Boris on 08:12 - Oct 5 with 3512 viewsHerbivore

Boris on 08:02 - Oct 5 by unstableblue

The conservative cabinet and senior MPs have been very well briefed ahead of this conference and the spin is in full whirl… Brexit is being positioned as this positive force for our labour market, some levelling up panacea

The only way forward is a green economic agenda and rebuilding some form of labour movement with Europe

Also. Watch them go hard after the BBC after Marr did what he should have been doing and the BBCs role in the Pandora papers. Which lay bare the failings of taxing the super rich and just general sleaze.

They are going hard on blaming remainers, the EU, private business, basically anyone other than themselves or Brexit, for all of our current woes. The whole NI situation is mad as well, been reading some of the analysis of Frost's recent comments about it and essentially they are worried at how well NI is doing in comparison to GB because it still has frictionless trade with the EU through Ireland. They aren't worried that the arrangements threaten the integrity of the UK, they worry that the arrangements expose the harm of Brexit and thus damage the integrity of Brexit. We're in full blown cult territory here (cult may or may not be a typo).

Boris on 08:15 - Oct 5 with 3489 viewsFixed_It

Boris on 08:01 - Oct 5 by blueislander

This morning’s interview was just total waffle. He did not address any of the issues.

Apparently the fuel crisis is just the system creaking a bit as the economy starts to boom. Trouble is, I know a few people who will believe this nonsense.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Boris on 08:46 - Oct 5 with 3377 viewsHerbivore

Boris on 08:15 - Oct 5 by Fixed_It

Apparently the fuel crisis is just the system creaking a bit as the economy starts to boom. Trouble is, I know a few people who will believe this nonsense.

It's all just b0llocks. Never admit a mistake. Never accept responsibility. Bluff, bluster, lie, and obfuscate and hope that enough of the public buys it.

Boris on 09:05 - Oct 5 with 3311 viewsitfc_bucks

I do wonder, daily, how so many are taken in by him and the rest of the Tory party.

Barring the occasional standout MP (Johnny Mercer, for example), they're an absolute shower of barstards.
Boris on 09:05 - Oct 5 with 3313 viewshype313

That's absolute guff though, its a long standing issue centred around dire working conditions and Brexit for HGV drivers, its been an issue for more than yen years, and after the past 18 months the chickens have come home to roost.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Boris on 09:08 - Oct 5 with 3264 viewsHARRY10

You forget the Magnificent (twenty) Seven lorry drivers from the EU who have applied for a visa.

Yes twenty seven. That is exactly ONE from each EU country.

A concern about better pay might not be such nonsense were there being mention of nurses pay among this shy te being churned out. And at no time did I ever hear the likes of Johnson, Farage and Rees-Mogg telling employers that brexit would mean their wage bill would increase.

Other than a few zealots the reast knew Brexit would mean a complete shtshow. But they also knew there were (and are) enoigh bigots in the UK to swing the election their way as long as their silly heads were filled with promises.

Most students take summer and part time jobs. It us a continuous churn. As they leave and take up full time work so the next generation of students take up the jobs, and so on. Year upon year.

By bringing in a visa scheme that blocks anyone earning less that £500 a week there was always going to be a shortage, as those 'moving on' cannot be replaced by any new intake.

Brexit stupidity, meet reality.
Boris on 09:08 - Oct 5 with 3271 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Are people really struggling to get food? Serious question as I may be in danger of looking at this through my own personal lens, but whilst there are shortages on some random items I wasn’t aware there were actual mass shortages as it stands?

Don’t disagree with the wider point though, bluster and lie is the order of the day as ever

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Boris on 09:11 - Oct 5 with 3245 viewshomer_123

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. by homer_123 20 Sep 2021 20:28
What a divided country we are.

Sarge, that amount of, what appears to be hatred would be better exerted at the architects of Brexit and, more pertinently, David Cameron and his rather stupid way of sorting out an internal party issue.

He and the Conservatives are to blame for even allowing the Brexit vote as was - as, he is on record for saying this, he never thought the country would vote to leave the EU.

There was never really a viable groundswell of support for Brexit until Cameron made a promise to put a vote to the people. Then, once he had to deliver on the vote (quite possibly the first time a political leader has kept a promise) the remain campaign got it wrong, utterly.

You can blame the voting populace but actually your blame is as misguided as the vote in the first place.

What's worse, this country voted in Johnson and kept him for crying out loud. The Conservatives continue to rip the country apart, the gap between the haves and have nots increases, social mobility goes backwards and they'll continue to use 'Covid' as an excuse.

I'm ashamed we don't hold this political party to account for all they have done to obliterate this country and continue to do so.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Boris on 09:18 - Oct 5 with 3214 viewshomer_123

Boris on 08:46 - Oct 5 by Herbivore

It's all just b0llocks. Never admit a mistake. Never accept responsibility. Bluff, bluster, lie, and obfuscate and hope that enough of the public buys it.

Sadly, they don't need to 'hope'. It is evidently clear that enough do 'buy' it. Utter lack of critical thinking, questioning etc.

Boris on 09:18 - Oct 5 with 3215 viewsTooManyCooks

Boris on 09:05 - Oct 5 by itfc_bucks

I do wonder, daily, how so many are taken in by him and the rest of the Tory party.

Barring the occasional standout MP (Johnny Mercer, for example), they're an absolute shower of barstards.

The Conservatives are still dining off the generation of my mother and father, the type of people who paid £2,000 for their first house, when they had a combined annual income of just under half that sum, the party was very good to that generation, they all have nice pensions and plenty of savings, big 4 or 5 bed detached houses with large gardens that are now x20 value etc etc etc

You simply can't turn those sorts, they won't have a word said against the government and will find some way of justifying Government actions, no matter how unjustifiable. They are too old, too blind, too deaf and too obstinate to know if the government actually still has their backs and they don't mind that at all.

We've got 10 -15 years to go before that generation die off and I can't see there being any meaningful opposition until that point.

hedgehog flavoured cucumbers

Boris on 09:21 - Oct 5 with 3201 viewshomer_123

Boris on 09:05 - Oct 5 by hype313

That's absolute guff though, its a long standing issue centred around dire working conditions and Brexit for HGV drivers, its been an issue for more than yen years, and after the past 18 months the chickens have come home to roost.

It's more than that though, for example.

It also illustrates the issues with the 'jit' model (just in time) on a wider basis - it's not able to cope with any meaningful change in demand as it assures that the supply chain can easily be ramped up and down as demand increases or decreases.

Boris on 09:23 - Oct 5 with 3188 viewsHerbivore

Boris on 09:18 - Oct 5 by homer_123

Sadly, they don't need to 'hope'. It is evidently clear that enough do 'buy' it. Utter lack of critical thinking, questioning etc.

The elephant in the room is that we have a Tory biased media, by and large, that does little to challenge the lies and bluster and that often simply acts as a mouthpiece for it. Johnson's comments the other day where he said to forget about life expectancy and cancer outcomes and look at wage growth should have created a scandal but they barely broke through in the mainstream media. Even setting the utter callousness aside, inflation means that wages aren't growing either. To be fair Marr did challenge him on that on Sunday but that in itself was surprising given how rarely it happens.

Boris on 09:26 - Oct 5 with 3168 viewsHARRY10

when you have a proven failure appointing only those more incompetent than him it is little wondeer the chaos that has followed

A measure of the sheer stupidity can be seen in the comments Nadine Dorries made about the BBC full of nepotism - blithely ignoring the criticism of her for employing her two daughters, as Parliamentary aides)?) on £80.000 per annum.

One Tory MP hopes the supply chain would collapse so we could go back to buying milk direct from the farmer, via the village shop.

Johnson never has the slightest idea of what he is talking about, as can be seen in both interviews and at the dispatch box.

It always comes across as he has just read a crib sheet a few minutes prior
- which I suspect is not too far from the truth.

The problems of energy prices, labour shortages are not confined to the UK - but the UK appears unique in having possibly the worst PM in it's history with a government of third rate incompetents who will continue to make a bad situation worse.

Only a completely clueless cnt could claim there is no problem with farmers having to destroy and burn 120,000 pigs because...... they were going to die anyway.

Does that not give an indication of his complete lack of any understanding of where we currently are ?
Boris on 09:41 - Oct 5 with 3096 viewsHARRY10

Boris on 09:18 - Oct 5 by TooManyCooks

The Conservatives are still dining off the generation of my mother and father, the type of people who paid £2,000 for their first house, when they had a combined annual income of just under half that sum, the party was very good to that generation, they all have nice pensions and plenty of savings, big 4 or 5 bed detached houses with large gardens that are now x20 value etc etc etc

You simply can't turn those sorts, they won't have a word said against the government and will find some way of justifying Government actions, no matter how unjustifiable. They are too old, too blind, too deaf and too obstinate to know if the government actually still has their backs and they don't mind that at all.

We've got 10 -15 years to go before that generation die off and I can't see there being any meaningful opposition until that point.

It is not a generational thing - though those with supposedly the most to lose are over 55 in the min.

the fragmented nature of work and society have made collective experience and action a very minor part of people's lives. Hence the increased tribalism of football matches, where it is a place where shared feelings are expressed. Explaining the endlessly clapping for some one/thing and a place where 'grief' can be paraded.

This fragmentation has seen the thought arise that most others are a threat, you do them down to get on. Where previously through unions, and benevolent societies people recognised the need to stand together to better the lot of all.

Change will come about when people recognise what is actually happening and I fear that the generations coming though now will allow it to get far worse. Big brother sued to be a warning about the oppressive unregulated power - it si now about the goings on on some of the dimmest people in society.

Much as with the twadddle that is PR (see Greens/SNP). It is a convenient distraction from the real problems. A wishh to be told what is right so as to not think. A recent example being that of Matt Hancock, who could have been recalled and his constituents given a vote of whether to keep him or boot him out. And what ? Fck all, bar a few voters being asked in the street what they thought.

We get the politicians we deserve. Not all of us, but Farage, Johnson, Patel and IDS were elected by people, who thought they represented their views

Says it all really.
Boris on 09:49 - Oct 5 with 3043 viewsMeadowlark

Boris on 09:18 - Oct 5 by TooManyCooks

That's a huge generalisation.
I am in my 60s and I and many of my contemporaries and older friends never voted for this shower, never voted for Brexit and have had an abiding hatred of the Tories since the Thatcher years, which a lot of you younger voters do not remember and somehow think was good for the country! It was not. It spawned the selfishness that we see now.
With all the divisions appearing in society, please don't turn one generation against another. as well.
Boris on 09:51 - Oct 5 with 3029 viewsronnyd

He must be, by a long long way, the least articulate PM that i can remember, and i'm 76. The problem is that Labour and Starmer are so sh!t that we haven't really got a viable opposition to challenge the bumbling oaf.
Boris on 09:57 - Oct 5 with 2984 viewsHerbivore

Boris on 09:51 - Oct 5 by ronnyd

He must be, by a long long way, the least articulate PM that i can remember, and i'm 76. The problem is that Labour and Starmer are so sh!t that we haven't really got a viable opposition to challenge the bumbling oaf.

I could sh!t in Number 10 and it'd be a more viable PM than Johnson. Labour are very far from perfect but I don't see how anyone could honestly think this current shower is a better option.

Boris on 10:00 - Oct 5 with 2964 viewsTooManyCooks

Boris on 09:49 - Oct 5 by Meadowlark

That's a huge generalisation.
I am in my 60s and I and many of my contemporaries and older friends never voted for this shower, never voted for Brexit and have had an abiding hatred of the Tories since the Thatcher years, which a lot of you younger voters do not remember and somehow think was good for the country! It was not. It spawned the selfishness that we see now.
With all the divisions appearing in society, please don't turn one generation against another. as well.

I wouldn't want to tarnish the reputation of all oldies and it certainly was not my intention, apologies if that's how it came across. My parents are in their mid 70's and lived/worked in London all their lives and having grown up knowing the heads of numerous families of differing wealth in that same densely populated geography, it struck me that they were generally united in their thinking towards Government and continue to be so, hence my previous comment.

It is my hope that the generations that follow have a wider range of experiences of Governments and can make decisions that meet the best interests of the whole, rather than the few, though, the way we're all headed, it may well be a moot point anyway as we seem to be finding ever faster methods of destroying the planet.

hedgehog flavoured cucumbers

Boris on 10:02 - Oct 5 with 2958 viewsElephantintheRoom

Yes - but it doesn't matter what you think - presumably you didn't vote for his 'oven-ready deal'? He is simply depending on keeping the tiny minority of voters happy who decide general elections. When you consider that the current shambles was put into 'power' by 44% of the vote - and 43% of that vote has probably always voted conservative in constiuancies that are always going to vote conservative no matter how dire the situation - then you can understand him throwing two fingers up to the public and carrying on with his bumbling charade.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Boris on 10:07 - Oct 5 with 2933 viewsBlueBadger

Well, it would appear that daveU is today's duty 'yes but Labour' downvoter.

Imagine being so low in the Kremlin's 'destabilise the west' hierarchy that you get this place for your beat.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Boris on 10:10 - Oct 5 with 2898 viewsPinewoodblue

When the economy grows(or regrows) too quickly it leads to inflation which eventually leads to boom or bust.

Inflation is rising, the recent month on month increase was the highest ever recorded. Next comes the necessary all round increase in wages, mortgage rates will also rise, which will add to the pressure. Inflation goes higher.

Thought we had seen the last of that.

The last thing we want is a government increasing central borrowing by an extra £28B each year.

We’re doomed.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Boris on 10:10 - Oct 5 with 2894 viewsBlueBadger

Given how his thread is going, I think we can safely assume that DaveU is definitely one of the cultists.

Don't be shy Dave, tell us the benefits of Blue Passports and No Foreigners!

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024