Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
French Catholic clergy abused 216,000 victims since 1950 10:39 - Oct 5 with 577 viewsDanTheMan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-58801183

That is an insane number of children abused. Whilst the church asks for "forgiveness" like it's a little woopsy-daisy.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

French Catholic clergy abused 216,000 victims since 1950 on 10:44 - Oct 5 with 566 viewsBlueBadger

'Most cases assessed by the panel are thought to be too old to prosecute under French law.'

F**king hell. That's GENERATIONS of people suffering at the hands of predators who will never see justice.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2021 12:00]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

French Catholic clergy abused 216,000 victims since 1950 on 10:48 - Oct 5 with 545 viewsHARRY10

Thank god (!) none of that sort of behaviour ever happened here, or in Ireland
French Catholic clergy abused 216,000 victims since 1950 on 13:10 - Oct 5 with 467 viewsbluelagos

French Catholic clergy abused 216,000 victims since 1950 on 10:44 - Oct 5 by BlueBadger

'Most cases assessed by the panel are thought to be too old to prosecute under French law.'

F**king hell. That's GENERATIONS of people suffering at the hands of predators who will never see justice.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2021 12:00]

Is a shocking number and I see no reason why the numbers would be materially different in the UK tbh.

Still, we have a PM fully on stream with regards to all things law and order, like 6 month prison sentences for sitting on a road. Am sure he'll be similarly focused on a crime that actually destroys lives...

https://news.sky.com/video/boris-johnson-says-60m-spaffed-up-the-wall-on-child-a

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

French Catholic clergy abused 216,000 victims since 1950 on 14:05 - Oct 5 with 420 viewsGuthrum

French Catholic clergy abused 216,000 victims since 1950 on 13:10 - Oct 5 by bluelagos

Is a shocking number and I see no reason why the numbers would be materially different in the UK tbh.

Still, we have a PM fully on stream with regards to all things law and order, like 6 month prison sentences for sitting on a road. Am sure he'll be similarly focused on a crime that actually destroys lives...

https://news.sky.com/video/boris-johnson-says-60m-spaffed-up-the-wall-on-child-a

Much smaller Catholic Church in the UK, less influential and with fewer educational establishments run by celibate monks. The CofE has had its share of problems with abuse, but doesn't seem to be on the same scale. Perhaps because the majority of their clergy have been married men (and nowadays women).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

French Catholic clergy abused 216,000 victims since 1950 on 14:30 - Oct 5 with 396 viewsHARRY10

I expect that many of the perpertrators are long dead, so prosecution would be imposssible.

what I know if this rates to a catholic 9boys) childrens home in the UK. It closed mid 70's. Through another the story was that it was what would now be deemed institutionalists.

Much as with unwanted sexual attention uffered by girls/young women in the home, the view was 'just keep away from him.

In the Home I was told one boy was simply moved to some where else with mist likely a warning attached that x tells lies, so be careful.

Kids with no one else had no protection. Decades past it was more important not to 'rock the boat', so stuff like this was simply ignored - with at best a warning to the priest to 'be a bit more careful'.

Too many in the Catholic church had too much to lose - comfy life etc Too many had much to lose in their communities by speaking out.

We should not be too surprised at the level here either - they had a free rein and it was all too easy to move priests to another location and change his name.

Look at how this church protected and assisted high ranking nazis after the war. A few robes, and they became father such and such, until they could be given a passport and off to S America. Which speaks much about their mindset - and should tell you that all the ritualistic nonsense is no more than a glorified 'three card trick' to con the gullible.
French Catholic clergy abused 216,000 victims since 1950 on 14:51 - Oct 5 with 377 viewsGlasgowBlue

French Catholic clergy abused 216,000 victims since 1950 on 14:05 - Oct 5 by Guthrum

Much smaller Catholic Church in the UK, less influential and with fewer educational establishments run by celibate monks. The CofE has had its share of problems with abuse, but doesn't seem to be on the same scale. Perhaps because the majority of their clergy have been married men (and nowadays women).

But Boris

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

French Catholic clergy abused 216,000 victims since 1950 on 17:33 - Oct 5 with 300 viewsRadioOrwell

French Catholic clergy abused 216,000 victims since 1950 on 10:48 - Oct 5 by HARRY10

Thank god (!) none of that sort of behaviour ever happened here, or in Ireland

Or St Joseph's....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024