Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So my Summary 21:04 - Oct 5 with 3119 viewschrismakin

Kenlock... why? couldn't his place have been taken by an academy product, just dont get it. otherwise, was ok didn't really have a lot to defensively, rarely saw him in attack tho and when you did, well erm yeah

Edwards.. 0 end product. Not getting the hype

Jackson, was ok, lost the ball abit, but also got stuck in at times, did ok

Piggot, should be in a 2 man front team,

chaplin, did ok, more involved 2nd half, good little player

idris, very bright future ahead

All in all, a reserve game, got through it.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2021 21:15]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

So my Summary on 21:06 - Oct 5 with 2818 viewsSitfcB

Kenlock is an academy product

Edwards first game back after a few weeks out, saving it for Saturday. If you don’t get the ‘hype’ then you’ve not seen him play live.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

So my Summary on 21:07 - Oct 5 with 2808 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Kenlock is a professional footballer, this is his career.

He has every right to play ahead of another academy product. Let's not forget he is an Academy product.

Glad to see him get a game.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So my Summary on 21:07 - Oct 5 with 2778 viewschrismakin

So my Summary on 21:06 - Oct 5 by SitfcB

Edwards first game back after a few weeks out, saving it for Saturday. If you don’t get the ‘hype’ then you’ve not seen him play live.

Well I have and still no assists or goals or barely get a cross to a team mate

He's exciting granted, but so was Dobra and Bennetts

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

So my Summary on 21:08 - Oct 5 with 2757 viewschrismakin

So my Summary on 21:07 - Oct 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

Kenlock is a professional footballer, this is his career.

He has every right to play ahead of another academy product. Let's not forget he is an Academy product.

Glad to see him get a game.

Difference is a current academy player could play if we needed them to in the league, kenlock can't.

So my Summary on 21:09 - Oct 5 with 2715 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Kenlock is an academy product.
Not getting the hype about Edwards? Are you on crack?
Jackson was OK? Did OK?
Piggot played one up top at Wimbledon, so why is he now desperate to play in a two?

You're becoming a bit of a shambles again Makin

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

So my Summary on 21:10 - Oct 5 with 2707 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So my Summary on 21:08 - Oct 5 by chrismakin

Difference is a current academy player could play if we needed them to in the league, kenlock can't.

Nonsense.

We have plenty of options at LB if needed.

We should be giving a good pro a game, even if it helps him get in the shop window.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So my Summary on 21:11 - Oct 5 with 2658 viewschrismakin

So my Summary on 21:09 - Oct 5 by Cheltenham_Blue

Jackson was OK? Did OK?
Piggot played one up top at Wimbledon, so why is he now desperate to play in a two?

An academy product who could be called upon in the league if needed chelts
No, i've seen exciting players before and as yet seen nothing different with edwards
jackson was ok yes
Sorry should say with piggot, im desperate for piggott to be in a 2

So my Summary on 21:11 - Oct 5 with 2632 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So my Summary on 21:08 - Oct 5 by chrismakin

You are expecting Bailey Clements to be playing ahead of Coulsen, Penney, Woolfenden and whoever else might fill in there ahead of him?

Kenlock gets some pitch time. He is available either for transfer or selection to our squad in January. Your philosophy would suggest we should simply pay up his contract. We haven't.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

So my Summary on 21:12 - Oct 5 with 2623 viewsjayessess

Kenlock: reminding people he exists in the hope we can move him on still (for his sake and ours)

Edwards: yeah, bit worried that for all his obvious quality he's not got that final ball at the moment, hasn't contributed a goal or an assist in 4 starts for us. He is up there with Celina and Fraser for chances created though, so maybe that's unfair.

Jackson: see Kenlock

Pigott: thought he did well as a 1, personally. Holds the ball up well, I think.

Chaplin: When he got on the ball, not often first half, just looked really quality. Strong finisher.

Idris: move him above Rekeem in the pecking order imo

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

So my Summary on 21:13 - Oct 5 with 2585 viewschrismakin

So my Summary on 21:11 - Oct 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

You are expecting Bailey Clements to be playing ahead of Coulsen, Penney, Woolfenden and whoever else might fill in there ahead of him?

Kenlock gets some pitch time. He is available either for transfer or selection to our squad in January. Your philosophy would suggest we should simply pay up his contract. We haven't.

Who said I expect him to play ahead of them? his career path should include games like this not to someone whos not even been involved in u23 games.

So my Summary on 23:46 - Oct 5 with 2242 viewspelles321

So my Summary on 21:07 - Oct 5 by chrismakin

Well I have and still no assists or goals or barely get a cross to a team mate

He's exciting granted, but so was Dobra and Bennetts

“He's exciting granted, but so was Dobra and Bennetts“.

Grammar aside, this isn’t a particularly insightful sentence in my opinion. I would second that if you are comparing Bennetts and Edwards, then I’m not sure which Edwards you’ve been watching. Much better delivery and can consistently beat his man. We haven’t seen him fit yet, as before his injury he had a tendency to be better in the first half than second. Saying that, I’m confident this thread won’t age well.
So my Summary on 00:13 - Oct 6 with 2182 viewstractorboy1978

Perhaps he’s realised Kenlock is a better defender than Penney. In the same way Donacien is a better defender than KVY.
So my Summary on 00:39 - Oct 6 with 2134 viewsDavoIPB

So my Summary on 23:46 - Oct 5 by pelles321

“He's exciting granted, but so was Dobra and Bennetts“.

Grammar aside, this isn’t a particularly insightful sentence in my opinion. I would second that if you are comparing Bennetts and Edwards, then I’m not sure which Edwards you’ve been watching. Much better delivery and can consistently beat his man. We haven’t seen him fit yet, as before his injury he had a tendency to be better in the first half than second. Saying that, I’m confident this thread won’t age well.

Spot on. Think Dobra is a really good player and one for the future. Bennett's poor and gave ball away all the time. Edwards in a different league in terms of footballing brain, ability on the ball and composure.

The players we have now and the team we are very slowly creating will be very very good. Just need to get there quicker than what we are at present.
So my Summary on 07:58 - Oct 6 with 1777 viewsGarv

So my Summary on 00:13 - Oct 6 by tractorboy1978

Perhaps he’s realised Kenlock is a better defender than Penney. In the same way Donacien is a better defender than KVY.

I hope he hasn't realised that.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

So my Summary on 08:34 - Oct 6 with 1685 viewsfranz_tyson

I’m glad Cook went for senior players.

A decent loan would be best for our academy players rather than the odd game in these cup competitions.

El Mizouni has come on this season. More energetic and got a bit of bite. if Evans doesn’t up his game, he could get the nod to play alongside Morsy.
So my Summary on 08:39 - Oct 6 with 1664 viewstractorboy1978

So my Summary on 07:58 - Oct 6 by Garv

I hope he hasn't realised that.

I was perhaps being a touch facetious but I've not seen enough consistently from Penney to tell me he's markedly better than Kenlock. He was woeful on Saturday.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2021 8:40]
So my Summary on 08:42 - Oct 6 with 1651 viewsTractorCam

So my Summary on 21:09 - Oct 5 by Cheltenham_Blue

Jackson was OK? Did OK?

"Not getting the hype about Edwards? Are you on crack?"

He's called Sterling a rich man's Bennetts in the past in fairness.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

So my Summary on 08:51 - Oct 6 with 1603 viewsfranz_tyson

So my Summary on 08:39 - Oct 6 by tractorboy1978

I was perhaps being a touch facetious but I've not seen enough consistently from Penney to tell me he's markedly better than Kenlock. He was woeful on Saturday.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2021 8:40]

Everybody was woeful on Saturday .

I think Penney’s an upgrade. Better going forward and it’s not as if Kenlock’s defending was great. He’s at least scored whereas Kenlock never has.

Time for Kenlock to move on and make a career outside this club. He’s had enough chances.
So my Summary on 09:06 - Oct 6 with 1552 viewsWickets

Why try and knock Myles as he most likely has the best win percentage of any Town player over the last 3 seasons . He is like our lucky mascot when he plays we so often win . And just to prove the point last night was our first cup win of the season and he did ok .
So my Summary on 09:27 - Oct 6 with 1514 viewsRobTheMonk

El Miz has all the attributes to be a quality player at this level and potentially higher. Really hope he gets more game time. Looked like a younger Morsy.
So my Summary on 09:43 - Oct 6 with 1460 viewsWickets

So my Summary on 21:06 - Oct 5 by SitfcB

Yes the few of us who saw him at Cheltenham know its not just hype !
So my Summary on 10:27 - Oct 6 with 1367 viewsBlueBadger

Edwards is comfortably the best player called 'Edwards' that I've ever seen in an Ipswich shirt.

I realise that this isn't high bar to clear, but...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So my Summary on 10:54 - Oct 6 with 1310 viewschrismakin

So my Summary on 10:27 - Oct 6 by BlueBadger

Edwards is comfortably the best player called 'Edwards' that I've ever seen in an Ipswich shirt.

I realise that this isn't high bar to clear, but...

We'll see, the last one scored goals and assisted
the one before scored and assisted

currently, we have one who looks amazing, but fails to do anything with a final ball.

Early on in his town career however, so hopefully it comes, but think people have gone abit oTT about him tbh but football is a game of opinions.

So my Summary on 11:44 - Oct 6 with 1219 viewsWickets

So my Summary on 10:54 - Oct 6 by chrismakin

We'll see, the last one scored goals and assisted
the one before scored and assisted

currently, we have one who looks amazing, but fails to do anything with a final ball.

Early on in his town career however, so hopefully it comes, but think people have gone abit oTT about him tbh but football is a game of opinions.

Pretty good shout for a penalty last night not given and the number of opposing players booked for fouls on him so far is it 7 or 8 ? Does that tell us something ?
So my Summary on 12:07 - Oct 6 with 1167 viewschrismakin

So my Summary on 11:44 - Oct 6 by Wickets

Pretty good shout for a penalty last night not given and the number of opposing players booked for fouls on him so far is it 7 or 8 ? Does that tell us something ?

That he's exactly as i've said he is, exciting with the ball and one players hate running with it

but so was dobs and bennetts. So far there is a lack of end product, crossing last night when in really good positions for example or that 'Killer' ball.

It may come which would be great.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024