Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mac/Chrome experts? NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID 11:03 - Oct 6 with 1811 viewsFBI

In the last few days I've been getting NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID when I try to access this site and a couple of others from my home computer, a Mac. It works on my work computer, also running Chrome and works at home on Firefox, so it must be a 'Mac/Chrome at home' issue.

I've cleared the cache and SSL, deleted invalid/expired certificates and deleted/reinstalled Chrome... any other tips, oh techy TWTDers?

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

Mac/Chrome experts? NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID on 11:05 - Oct 6 with 1789 viewshomer_123

Are you trying to access the site using http://www.twtd.co.uk or https://www.twtd.co.uk - if the former, this might be why.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Mac/Chrome experts? NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID on 11:18 - Oct 6 with 1757 viewsFBI

Mac/Chrome experts? NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID on 11:05 - Oct 6 by homer_123

Are you trying to access the site using http://www.twtd.co.uk or https://www.twtd.co.uk - if the former, this might be why.

Nope, https

Mac/Chrome experts? NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID on 11:19 - Oct 6 with 1754 viewsDanTheMan

This may sounds like a stupid question, but is the date and time on your Mac correct?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Mac/Chrome experts? NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID on 11:21 - Oct 6 with 1745 viewsFBI

Mac/Chrome experts? NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID on 11:19 - Oct 6 by DanTheMan

This may sounds like a stupid question, but is the date and time on your Mac correct?

Yup, checked that too :-)

Mac/Chrome experts? NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID on 11:25 - Oct 6 with 1738 viewsMookamoo

Try disconnecting from the WiFi and 'forgetting' that network. Restart and then type the WiFi code etc in again. Sometimes clears glitches.
Mac/Chrome experts? NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID on 11:29 - Oct 6 with 1722 viewsFBI

Mac/Chrome experts? NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID on 11:25 - Oct 6 by Mookamoo

Try disconnecting from the WiFi and 'forgetting' that network. Restart and then type the WiFi code etc in again. Sometimes clears glitches.

Thanks. I'll give that a go when I get home

Mac/Chrome experts? NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID on 11:30 - Oct 6 with 1720 viewsDanTheMan

Mac/Chrome experts? NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID on 11:21 - Oct 6 by FBI

Yup, checked that too :-)

Given it works in other browsers, not sure what to suggest other than doing a complete uninstall and reinstall of that version of Chrome.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Mac/Chrome experts? NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID on 11:31 - Oct 6 with 1718 viewsFBI

Mac/Chrome experts? NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID on 11:30 - Oct 6 by DanTheMan

Given it works in other browsers, not sure what to suggest other than doing a complete uninstall and reinstall of that version of Chrome.

It's really frustrating. I tried that this morning to no avail.

Login to get fewer ads

Mac/Chrome experts? NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID on 11:45 - Oct 6 with 1698 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Big big problems out there with SSL certs at the moment, its causing me and our customer base massive headaches

https://www.zdnet.com/article/fortinet-shopify-others-report-issues-after-root-c

The certs need to be renewed although they have not yet expired.

IF you have a local firewall, set it to accept out of date SSL certificates and you should then be able to access the websites.
Mac/Chrome experts? NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID on 11:51 - Oct 6 with 1678 viewsFBI

Mac/Chrome experts? NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID on 11:45 - Oct 6 by BlueBlueBluex2

Big big problems out there with SSL certs at the moment, its causing me and our customer base massive headaches

https://www.zdnet.com/article/fortinet-shopify-others-report-issues-after-root-c

The certs need to be renewed although they have not yet expired.

IF you have a local firewall, set it to accept out of date SSL certificates and you should then be able to access the websites.

Good to know I'm not alone! And Thanks

Mac/Chrome experts? NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID on 12:35 - Oct 6 with 1625 viewsMarkTWTD

The sites' SSL certificates have been updated. Let us (ie. Gav) know if you have any further issues.
Mac/Chrome experts? NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID on 12:36 - Oct 6 with 1619 viewsFBI

Mac/Chrome experts? NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID on 12:35 - Oct 6 by MarkTWTD

The sites' SSL certificates have been updated. Let us (ie. Gav) know if you have any further issues.

Ooh, thanks. Will check when I get back.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2021 12:43]

Mac/Chrome experts? NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID on 12:56 - Oct 6 with 1586 viewspennblue

Mac/Chrome experts? NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID on 12:36 - Oct 6 by FBI

Ooh, thanks. Will check when I get back.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2021 12:43]

Do you update your operating system regularly?

A lot of root certs have recently expired, let’s encrypt for example. Fix is to update

If you are on old machine you will struggle

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Mac/Chrome experts? NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID on 13:02 - Oct 6 with 1573 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Mac/Chrome experts? NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID on 12:56 - Oct 6 by pennblue

Do you update your operating system regularly?

A lot of root certs have recently expired, let’s encrypt for example. Fix is to update

If you are on old machine you will struggle

Its not an OS issue, its a SSL cert on the server issue.
Mac/Chrome experts? NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID on 13:03 - Oct 6 with 1571 viewsjimsymBLUE

I'm on an old laptop and had the very same problem with lots of websites, TWTD being one. Tried everything you tried and eventually swapped over to Firefox and the problem went away

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Mac/Chrome experts? NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID on 21:20 - Oct 6 with 1443 viewsFBI

Okay, so having tried pretty much every fix including wiping SSLs, deleting the router and even reconfiguring ( and putting back again) the firewall, it seems the magic fix was to update from El Capitan to Mojave. Those of you with an Apple fetish will understand when I explain that High Sierra wouldn't boot and Mojave was as close as I can get. Plus Word still works on it :-)

Thanks for all your help, folks.

Mac/Chrome experts? NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID on 16:48 - Oct 7 with 1333 viewsGavTWTD

Ignnore me. I think what I wrote is already out of date.

However, please contact me privately either using gav@twtd.co.uk or PM on here if you're still having issues. Ta.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024