Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Be honest - what you do / say to your kid? 12:20 - Oct 6 with 2124 viewsbluelagos

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Be honest - what you do / say to your kid? on 12:28 - Oct 6 with 1808 viewsDarth_Koont

It’s nothing to do with the actual amount. They’re kids.

Give them a quid max. And always a coin, notes don’t exactly build much of a fantasy.

Pronouns: He/Him

Be honest - what you do / say to your kid? on 12:30 - Oct 6 with 1780 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Be honest - what you do / say to your kid? on 12:28 - Oct 6 by Darth_Koont

Give them a quid max. And always a coin, notes don’t exactly build much of a fantasy.

I think the point was the woman didnt have any change, so had no choice but to give a tenner or nothing.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Be honest - what you do / say to your kid? on 12:33 - Oct 6 with 1763 viewsMookamoo

Be honest - what you do / say to your kid? on 12:30 - Oct 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think the point was the woman didnt have any change, so had no choice but to give a tenner or nothing.

Could have just written a note. We did it plenty of times when we had no change.

The tooth fairy was renowned in our house for giving out IOUs for sweets the next time mummy or daddy went shopping.
Be honest - what you do / say to your kid? on 12:33 - Oct 6 with 1761 viewsmutters

Had exactly the same problem when the little one lost her first tooth.

Explained to her that as it was special tooth there would be more this time but not to expect it every time she lost a tooth. Since then its always been a £1 or £2 with no complaints.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Be honest - what you do / say to your kid? on 12:34 - Oct 6 with 1747 viewsBlueBadger

Make a voucher for 'fairy gold' that is worth a quid if you sell it to a suitable adult.

Let's face it, we all know a woman(and it's always a woman) who's band enough into their Disney princesses to do this.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Be honest - what you do / say to your kid? on 12:38 - Oct 6 with 1743 viewsSwansea_Blue

Our kids were lucky if the tooth fairies visited within a week! Our's was useless and kept forgetting.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Be honest - what you do / say to your kid? on 12:43 - Oct 6 with 1724 viewsFtnfwest

Well whatever, its another reason to always carry some (broken down) cash with you unlike these young 100% credit card whippersnappers. £1 should be enough surely? I used to get 10p. And another thing...
Be honest - what you do / say to your kid? (n/t) on 12:44 - Oct 6 with 1716 viewsDarth_Koont

Be honest - what you do / say to your kid? on 12:28 - Oct 6 by Darth_Koont

[Post edited 6 Oct 2021 12:46]

Login to get fewer ads

Be honest - what you do / say to your kid? on 12:48 - Oct 6 with 1695 viewsDarth_Koont

Fair enough. But still a bit uninspiring as well as expensive.

Give them a conker next time and say it’s whatever the Tooth Fairy has in their pocket at the time. Time after that, a set of car keys and a boiled sweet.

Be honest - what you do / say to your kid? on 13:06 - Oct 6 with 1634 viewsCaptainAhab

Reminds me of a story of one of my mates.
When he was 6ish he lost a tooth. His dad had just been paid in cash for a job so thought it would be funny to stick £300 under his pillow, expecting him to come running down stairs the next morning shouting his head off, but nope, walks in casually for breakfast doesn't say a word... His dad finally asks him "did the tooth fairy come last night Mark?", "Yes dad, left me a pound" 🤣
In hindsight it's hard to see how this trick could ever have gone well...
Be honest - what you do / say to your kid? on 13:34 - Oct 6 with 1509 viewsElderGrizzly

Apple Pay...
Be honest - what you do / say to your kid? on 13:40 - Oct 6 with 1480 viewsVaughan8

I suppose she HAD to give her the £10 just like she HAD to post it on twitter

There is load of other options available.....
Be honest - what you do / say to your kid? on 13:42 - Oct 6 with 1479 viewsgiant_stow

My kid made sure to let the tooth fairy know that inflation was a serious problem for a young child saving for Fifa points, but that a nice £2 coin might just be enough to meet the demands of modern living.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Be honest - what you do / say to your kid? on 13:47 - Oct 6 with 1455 viewsCBBlue

Sod giving them a tenner, was in the same situation and just popped next door and asked my neighbour if she had any change - job's a good'un
[Post edited 6 Oct 2021 13:50]

Poll: School on Monday - are you sending in your R, Y1 or Y6 kids?

Be honest - what you do / say to your kid? on 14:06 - Oct 6 with 1390 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Tell the kids the tooth doesn't exist and not to get their hopes up for Santa either.

Save yourself a fortune

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Be honest - what you do / say to your kid? on 14:29 - Oct 6 with 1355 viewsbluelagos

So I'm the only one who'd have told junior that the petrol shortage has led to the tooth fairy being commandeered to drive fuel tankers this week?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Be honest - what you do / say to your kid? on 14:33 - Oct 6 with 1335 viewsSwansea_Blue

Be honest - what you do / say to your kid? on 14:06 - Oct 6 by BlueandTruesince82

Tell the kids the tooth doesn't exist and not to get their hopes up for Santa either.

Save yourself a fortune

Santa's real as long as you really believe in him. I saw a documentary about it once on the telly.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Be honest - what you do / say to your kid? on 14:44 - Oct 6 with 1284 viewsGeoffSentence

Be honest - what you do / say to your kid? on 12:33 - Oct 6 by Mookamoo

Could have just written a note. We did it plenty of times when we had no change.

The tooth fairy was renowned in our house for giving out IOUs for sweets the next time mummy or daddy went shopping.

Haha! The tooth fairy was drumming up more dental business then.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Be honest - what you do / say to your kid? on 15:11 - Oct 6 with 1235 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Be honest - what you do / say to your kid? on 14:33 - Oct 6 by Swansea_Blue

Santa's real as long as you really believe in him. I saw a documentary about it once on the telly.

Wasn't called Miracle on 34th Street was it?..

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Be honest - what you do / say to your kid? on 18:28 - Oct 6 with 1097 viewsIpswichKnight

Tell them it’s all linked to crypto and prices are volatile currently the crypto the tooth fairy has invested in has collapsed.

Or

Tell them as a town fan to get used to crippling disappointment.
Be honest - what you do / say to your kid? on 18:34 - Oct 6 with 1078 viewsbazza

Be honest - what you do / say to your kid? on 15:11 - Oct 6 by BlueandTruesince82

Wasn't called Miracle on 34th Street was it?..

Brilliant 😂
Be honest - what you do / say to your kid? on 18:40 - Oct 6 with 1065 viewsbrazil1982

I wouldn't moan about it on social media.
Be honest - what you do / say to your kid? on 20:25 - Oct 6 with 969 viewsfabian_illness

I remember my little sister putting a tooth under her pillow one night, when she fell asleep my old man swapped it for a potato. He thought it was hilarious.
Be honest - what you do / say to your kid? on 20:33 - Oct 6 with 955 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

As the tooth should of cost a quid, she could have asked for £9 change in the morning.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Be honest - what you do / say to your kid? on 20:56 - Oct 6 with 920 viewsWD19

Leave it for 24 hours. Explain that the tooth fairy must have just missed it and shove a quid under there and swap out the tooth when you have change.

Even the tooth fairy has a day off from time to time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024