Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There are no easy answers to this 07:50 - Oct 7 with 1279 viewsgtsb1966

She is just a piece of s*** who can rot in hell but her children didn't ask to be born into this. To say her dead child is in a better place leaves me lost for words.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58814804
[Post edited 7 Oct 2021 7:55]
There are no easy answers to this on 08:35 - Oct 7 with 1115 viewsZx1988

On what basis do you believe she can rot in hell?

The article to which you have sent a link makes no suggestion that she was involved in any illegal or terror-related activity.

It would be rather worrying if we were to adopt a mindset that believes that anybody who agrees with IS's interpretation of the Qu'ran is of the same calibre as their members who commit atrocities in Allah's name.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

There are no easy answers to this on 08:42 - Oct 7 with 1092 viewschicoazul

I know nothing about this apart from the article linked but it reads to me like just another case of a man forcing his family to do something they didn’t want to. Sort of like The Mosquito Coast.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

There are no easy answers to this on 08:59 - Oct 7 with 1025 viewsBlueandTruesince82

There are no easy answers to this on 08:35 - Oct 7 by Zx1988

On what basis do you believe she can rot in hell?

The article to which you have sent a link makes no suggestion that she was involved in any illegal or terror-related activity.

It would be rather worrying if we were to adopt a mindset that believes that anybody who agrees with IS's interpretation of the Qu'ran is of the same calibre as their members who commit atrocities in Allah's name.

She knowingly moved to live under regime that preaches hate, oppresses women and uses terrorism as force for trying to push its abhorrent ideology on the rest of the world.

She dismisses the groups brutality because she's "never seen" any beheading..... that sounds like supporting terrorism to me. Doesn't matter if she picked up a rifle or not. She knew where she was going and why she was going there so I think rotting in hell is quite fair.

She expresses not one drop of remorse so far as I can see.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

There are no easy answers to this on 09:03 - Oct 7 with 1013 viewsSwansea_Blue

A good entry for a possible 10 pager.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

There are no easy answers to this on 09:04 - Oct 7 with 1008 viewsgtsb1966

There are no easy answers to this on 08:42 - Oct 7 by chicoazul

I know nothing about this apart from the article linked but it reads to me like just another case of a man forcing his family to do something they didn’t want to. Sort of like The Mosquito Coast.

and then she remarried...another terrorist
There are no easy answers to this on 09:59 - Oct 7 with 907 viewsGuthrum

There are no easy answers to this on 09:04 - Oct 7 by gtsb1966

She may not have had a lot of option on that front. IS were not known for their liberalism when it came to women's rights.

Part of the difficulty of these cases is looking at whether, if at all, these people have genuinely turned their backs on IS ideology. Looking at the parallels with denazification at the end of World War II, it did not seem to be too difficult in the majority of cases to rehabilitate people, who went on to be no further threat to democracy or civil life in Germany. Yes, some of the senior figures (particularly ex-Waffen SS generals) remained dedicated nazis to the end, but even they did not resort to violence or illegitimate means of overthrowing the state.

Perhaps the most significantly differing circumstance is that nazism was utterly defeated in 1945, whereas aggressive islamist ideologies still survive in various parts of the world and have influence, able to reach far through the internet.

However, one cannot help but feel a psychological/theological process could be put into place to rehabilitate at least the minor footsoldiers, wives and children of IS, rather than just leaving them to stew in camps. If nothing else, it would make it harder for them to be recruited again in the future, or for their children to carry the type of long-term resentment which leads to further trouble.

Tho, as always, there is the problem of who is to pay for such a programme.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

There are no easy answers to this on 10:34 - Oct 7 with 823 viewsBlueandTruesince82

There are no easy answers to this on 09:59 - Oct 7 by Guthrum

She may not have had a lot of option on that front. IS were not known for their liberalism when it came to women's rights.

Part of the difficulty of these cases is looking at whether, if at all, these people have genuinely turned their backs on IS ideology. Looking at the parallels with denazification at the end of World War II, it did not seem to be too difficult in the majority of cases to rehabilitate people, who went on to be no further threat to democracy or civil life in Germany. Yes, some of the senior figures (particularly ex-Waffen SS generals) remained dedicated nazis to the end, but even they did not resort to violence or illegitimate means of overthrowing the state.

Perhaps the most significantly differing circumstance is that nazism was utterly defeated in 1945, whereas aggressive islamist ideologies still survive in various parts of the world and have influence, able to reach far through the internet.

However, one cannot help but feel a psychological/theological process could be put into place to rehabilitate at least the minor footsoldiers, wives and children of IS, rather than just leaving them to stew in camps. If nothing else, it would make it harder for them to be recruited again in the future, or for their children to carry the type of long-term resentment which leads to further trouble.

Tho, as always, there is the problem of who is to pay for such a programme.

The other issue is the ease of access to information that may radicalise ..... when the Nazis were around you couldn't jump on FB, YouTube, WhatsApp, Telegram or wherever and instantly connect to people who will push that ideology. You were surrounded by people who talk sense.

Equally of course even today Nazi war criminal's continue to be right perused.

Her kids should be returned and hopefully placed with family.

She should stay where she is

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

There are no easy answers to this on 15:33 - Oct 7 with 582 viewsJ2BLUE

There are no easy answers to this on 10:34 - Oct 7 by BlueandTruesince82

The other issue is the ease of access to information that may radicalise ..... when the Nazis were around you couldn't jump on FB, YouTube, WhatsApp, Telegram or wherever and instantly connect to people who will push that ideology. You were surrounded by people who talk sense.

Equally of course even today Nazi war criminal's continue to be right perused.

Her kids should be returned and hopefully placed with family.

She should stay where she is

Which would potentially have her kids grow up resenting their mother being treated harshly (in their eyes).

There are no easy answers.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

There are no easy answers to this on 15:36 - Oct 7 with 575 viewsHerbivore

I don't think Tinder was exactly a goer over in Syria at that time, mate. I'd imagine her options were somewhat limited.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

There are no easy answers to this on 15:50 - Oct 7 with 543 viewschicoazul

Not a stretch to imagine this was very much under duress. She strikes me as a victim in all of this; basically a very disadvantaged simpleton. Being her home, face whatever music there is to be faced.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

There are no easy answers to this on 15:53 - Oct 7 with 532 viewsGeoffSentence

There are no easy answers to this on 15:50 - Oct 7 by chicoazul

Not a stretch to imagine this was very much under duress. She strikes me as a victim in all of this; basically a very disadvantaged simpleton. Being her home, face whatever music there is to be faced.

My understanding of it was that they were pretty much told who to marry when over there.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024