Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Friendly Fires have stood their ground (rightfully)… 12:18 - Oct 7 with 1562 viewsmonytowbray

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Friendly Fires have stood their ground (rightfully)… on 12:23 - Oct 7 with 1510 viewsNthQldITFC

"If we'd have intended them to use it, we'd have named the track 'Blue Bunch Of Corrupt W@nkers'

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Friendly Fires have stood their ground (rightfully)… on 12:26 - Oct 7 with 1493 viewsmonytowbray

Friendly Fires have stood their ground (rightfully)… on 12:23 - Oct 7 by NthQldITFC

"If we'd have intended them to use it, we'd have named the track 'Blue Bunch Of Corrupt W@nkers'

No good musicians are right wing. No good comedians are right wing. That’s why they aren’t in the media spotlight too much.

And Morrisey was always sh*te.

Right wing art is an oxymoron seeing as they prefer to punch down or simplify the narrative.

TWTD never forgets…

Friendly Fires have stood their ground (rightfully)… on 12:31 - Oct 7 with 1462 viewspositivity

Friendly Fires have stood their ground (rightfully)… on 12:26 - Oct 7 by monytowbray

No good musicians are right wing. No good comedians are right wing. That’s why they aren’t in the media spotlight too much.

Right wing art is an oxymoron seeing as they prefer to punch down or simplify the narrative.

bit sweeping.

rise by pil is a good tune (maybe he had different views back then!)

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Friendly Fires have stood their ground (rightfully)… on 12:35 - Oct 7 with 1432 viewsmonytowbray

Friendly Fires have stood their ground (rightfully)… on 12:31 - Oct 7 by positivity

bit sweeping.

rise by pil is a good tune (maybe he had different views back then!)

Lydon is an old Gammon now. Money changes people.

The discussion around WHERE ARE ALL THE RIGHT WING COMEDIANS seems to fall flat as the best examples they can give are rightfully bin-resigned past relics like Roy Chubby Brown or still-active actual racists making racist jokes.

Can’t remember the tool’s name but there was one the right were raving about getting on the Beeb who tweeted “Note the white players didn’t miss” after the Euros final. So yeah.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2021 12:35]

TWTD never forgets…

Friendly Fires have stood their ground (rightfully)… on 13:20 - Oct 7 with 1301 viewsGlasgowBlue

Friendly Fires have stood their ground (rightfully)… on 12:26 - Oct 7 by monytowbray

Gary Numan.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Friendly Fires have stood their ground (rightfully)… on 13:22 - Oct 7 with 1289 viewsGlasgowBlue

Friendly Fires have stood their ground (rightfully)… on 12:35 - Oct 7 by monytowbray

The discussion around WHERE ARE ALL THE RIGHT WING COMEDIANS seems to fall flat as the best examples they can give are rightfully bin-resigned past relics like Roy Chubby Brown or still-active actual racists making racist jokes.

Can’t remember the tool’s name but there was one the right were raving about getting on the Beeb who tweeted “Note the white players didn’t miss” after the Euros final. So yeah.

Kanye?

Iron Lion Zion

Friendly Fires have stood their ground (rightfully)… on 13:30 - Oct 7 with 1242 viewsghostofescobar

One of my fave live bands are FF - they have shot up even further in my estimation!

GhostOfEscobar

Friendly Fires have stood their ground (rightfully)… on 13:36 - Oct 7 with 1208 viewsHARRY10

Friendly Fires have stood their ground (rightfully)… on 12:35 - Oct 7 by monytowbray

Lydon was always a chancer, happy to do and say anything to make a buck

bit like Lennon, who some immortalise - he died early, which helps I suppose
Login to get fewer ads

Friendly Fires have stood their ground (rightfully)… on 13:38 - Oct 7 with 1210 viewsitfcjoe

Some of the replies are pretty funny - "I'd never heard of you, will you be returning money for increased exposure as wouldn't want to be profiteering from it"

What rights do musicians have on this, guess it is just from a library and PRS pay them for use - how do you specifically stop it?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Friendly Fires have stood their ground (rightfully)… on 13:40 - Oct 7 with 1190 viewsitfcjoe

Geoff Norcott is alright as a comic, but yes there are very few

Friendly Fires have stood their ground (rightfully)… on 13:41 - Oct 7 with 1186 viewsleitrimblue

Friendly Fires have stood their ground (rightfully)… on 13:22 - Oct 7 by GlasgowBlue

Kanye?

Lynyrd Skynyrd?
Friendly Fires have stood their ground (rightfully)… on 13:55 - Oct 7 with 1138 viewsHARRY10

Friendly Fires have stood their ground (rightfully)… on 13:38 - Oct 7 by itfcjoe

Some of the replies are pretty funny - "I'd never heard of you, will you be returning money for increased exposure as wouldn't want to be profiteering from it"

What rights do musicians have on this, guess it is just from a library and PRS pay them for use - how do you specifically stop it?

My understanding is that the venue would have a 'performers license' (?) which should cover all music unless specifically blocked

It's a bit of a grey area, and musicians though wanting to disassociate themselves with one political party/view, may by default be thought to endorse another.

The key point is that it does not look good if musicians are publicly demanding you stop using their music.........as they don't like you, or what you stand for..

Quite self defeating
Friendly Fires have stood their ground (rightfully)… on 14:04 - Oct 7 with 1098 viewsDubtractor

Friendly Fires have stood their ground (rightfully)… on 13:40 - Oct 7 by itfcjoe

Geoff Norcott is alright as a comic, but yes there are very few

I was going to mention Geoff norcott too. I quite enjoy the fact that people like me are the target of some of his material, i recognise some of the stuff he pokes at as character traits.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Friendly Fires have stood their ground (rightfully)… on 14:09 - Oct 7 with 1085 viewsitfcjoe

Friendly Fires have stood their ground (rightfully)… on 14:04 - Oct 7 by Dubtractor

I was going to mention Geoff norcott too. I quite enjoy the fact that people like me are the target of some of his material, i recognise some of the stuff he pokes at as character traits.

Yep - the self flagellation of the middle classes and associating meaning to everything rather than just getting on with things.

Friendly Fires have stood their ground (rightfully)… on 14:13 - Oct 7 with 1069 viewspositivity

Friendly Fires have stood their ground (rightfully)… on 13:55 - Oct 7 by HARRY10

My understanding is that the venue would have a 'performers license' (?) which should cover all music unless specifically blocked

It's a bit of a grey area, and musicians though wanting to disassociate themselves with one political party/view, may by default be thought to endorse another.

The key point is that it does not look good if musicians are publicly demanding you stop using their music.........as they don't like you, or what you stand for..

Quite self defeating

even more amusing when they pick a tune for its title with no idea of it's meaning.

ian duncan smith was introduced to the conservative conference with massive attack's cover of "man next door" (presumably to reinforce the image they were trying to push of ids as a normal man)

however, the lyrics of the song are all complaining about the character of said man next door...

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Friendly Fires have stood their ground (rightfully)… on 14:54 - Oct 7 with 971 viewsGlasgowBlue

I remember when Johnny Marr objected to David Cameron liking his music. JM should be objecting to Morrissey like the Smiths these days.

Iron Lion Zion

Friendly Fires have stood their ground (rightfully)… on 15:26 - Oct 7 with 894 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Friendly Fires have stood their ground (rightfully)… on 13:36 - Oct 7 by HARRY10

Lydon was always a chancer, happy to do and say anything to make a buck

bit like Lennon, who some immortalise - he died early, which helps I suppose

Lydon's dead?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Friendly Fires have stood their ground (rightfully)… on 18:13 - Oct 7 with 771 viewsfactual_blue

Friendly Fires have stood their ground (rightfully)… on 13:55 - Oct 7 by HARRY10

Quite self defeating

It seems it's a grey area in the States, but a very clear set of rules in the UK

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58828941

From link

'Legally, however, US politicians don't always need direct permission from artists. The campaigns can buy licensing packages from music rights organisations like BMI and ASCAP, that give them legal access to millions of songs. Some, including The Rolling Stones, have opted out of those deals - but many artists are taken by surprise when their music becomes a politician's theme song, and resort to public protest to distance themselves from policies or personalities they disapprove of.

In the UK, the situation is clearer. PPL - the body that licences the use of recorded music - requires political events like party conferences to "obtain permission from the relevant rights holder" before using a song.'
'

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Friendly Fires have stood their ground (rightfully)… on 18:19 - Oct 7 with 760 viewsGeoffSentence

They all are right wing once they get bit of success and cash.

But if you consider vile racists to be right wingers how about Eric Clapton.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Friendly Fires have stood their ground (rightfully)… on 18:31 - Oct 7 with 742 viewsfactual_blue

Geoff Norcott?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Friendly Fires have stood their ground (rightfully)… on 18:34 - Oct 7 with 734 viewsmarchy

Friendly Fires have stood their ground (rightfully)… on 18:31 - Oct 7 by factual_blue

Geoff Norcott?

Simon Evans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024