Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another 40,000 covid cases today 22:10 - Oct 7 with 4288 viewsElderGrizzly

It’s not a great trend going into winter compared to other countries

Another 40,000 covid cases today on 22:23 - Oct 7 with 2961 viewsHARRY10

I expect the bloated buffoon will be along soon to tell us it is capitalism that is giving us these increased numbers
Another 40,000 covid cases today on 22:26 - Oct 7 with 2948 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Ipswich 7 day numbers above the national average and recorded highest 1 day increase today.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Another 40,000 covid cases today on 22:38 - Oct 7 with 2900 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s a desperately sad situation for all those who are struggling with it. (And in answer to her question, no they don’t care).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Another 40,000 covid cases today on 22:39 - Oct 7 with 2887 viewsBlueBadger

wE hAvE tO lEaRn To LiVe WiTh It

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Another 40,000 covid cases today on 22:42 - Oct 7 with 2877 viewsITFC_Forever

Both daughters are in this week’s numbers.

One’s 16, and has had her first jab, other is 11.

We’ve been careful throughout, and still it finds a way…. Thankfully they both only have mild symptoms and are ok.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Another 40,000 covid cases today on 22:42 - Oct 7 with 2865 viewsBlueBadger

Another 40,000 covid cases today on 22:39 - Oct 7 by BlueBadger

wE hAvE tO lEaRn To LiVe WiTh It

Also

Heading into lockdown aren't we by BlueBadger 7 Oct 2021 10:48
We DO, however, have a desperately stretched NHS which is(if my on-the ground experience is being mirrored elsewhere) short on beds of all kinds, short of staff, haemorrhaging qualified and experienced ITU staff and the staff who are still working are exhausted and traumatised.

We'r enow heading into winter on more daily deaths then the equivalent time of year having abandoned any kind of public attempt to control the virus and getting that particular genie back into the bottle is going to be nigh-on impossible now.

Winter is going to yet again, be disastrous, but 'quietly' so.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Another 40,000 covid cases today on 22:47 - Oct 7 with 2841 viewsGuthrum

Friend of mine is currently in hospital with it, battling blood clots. Fortunately, seems to be making good progress.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Another 40,000 covid cases today on 22:49 - Oct 7 with 2840 viewsTrequartista

For balance, there were 54,000 cases when we under the last day of restrictions, in the middle of summer. 100,000 cases were supposed to be "inevitable". Hospitalisations are currently decreasing.

But you are right to point out all figures are still too high compared with other European countries - can't argue with that. There does seem to have been a surge in the past 2 days in children under 18, perhaps as people are indoors more as the warm weather has ended.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Login to get fewer ads

Another 40,000 covid cases today on 22:51 - Oct 7 with 2809 viewsBlueBadger

Another 40,000 covid cases today on 22:49 - Oct 7 by Trequartista

For balance, there were 54,000 cases when we under the last day of restrictions, in the middle of summer. 100,000 cases were supposed to be "inevitable". Hospitalisations are currently decreasing.

But you are right to point out all figures are still too high compared with other European countries - can't argue with that. There does seem to have been a surge in the past 2 days in children under 18, perhaps as people are indoors more as the warm weather has ended.

Cases are rising though. That means more hospital admissions. Going into winter.

Another 40,000 covid cases today on 22:55 - Oct 7 with 2763 viewsBlueBadger

Another 40,000 covid cases today on 22:38 - Oct 7 by Swansea_Blue

It’s a desperately sad situation for all those who are struggling with it. (And in answer to her question, no they don’t care).

'Herd immunity' and 'letting rip' has always been the plan. It's more obvious than ever and it will, yet again, be disastrous. Only it will be presented as 'structural issues' within the NHS with 'reforms' too follow.

Another 40,000 covid cases today on 09:25 - Oct 8 with 2380 viewsGuthrum

Another 40,000 covid cases today on 22:51 - Oct 7 by BlueBadger

Cases are rising though. That means more hospital admissions. Going into winter.

Tho the vaccines do seem to created a significant break in the link between infections and hospitalisations, the latter far lagging behind the proportional levels we saw in previous peaks.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Another 40,000 covid cases today on 10:57 - Oct 8 with 2253 viewspointofblue

So what will they do? Initiate mask wearing and social distancing? Put through a full lockdown? Or just turn a blind eye and pretend it’s not happening?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Another 40,000 covid cases today on 11:12 - Oct 8 with 2229 viewsBlueBadger

Another 40,000 covid cases today on 10:57 - Oct 8 by pointofblue

So what will they do? Initiate mask wearing and social distancing? Put through a full lockdown? Or just turn a blind eye and pretend it’s not happening?

There will be a half-arsed attempt to make people wear masks in supermarkets and they might shut the pubs again.

After that, they'll blame the general public and point to the carnage in hospitals as evidence that the NHS needs 'reform' and a 'greater application of innovation and entrepreneurship that the private sector can bring'.

Another 40,000 covid cases today on 11:22 - Oct 8 with 2200 viewsElderGrizzly

Another 40,000 covid cases today on 11:12 - Oct 8 by BlueBadger

There will be a half-arsed attempt to make people wear masks in supermarkets and they might shut the pubs again.

After that, they'll blame the general public and point to the carnage in hospitals as evidence that the NHS needs 'reform' and a 'greater application of innovation and entrepreneurship that the private sector can bring'.

The only thing we can guarantee, is it won’t be their fault.
Another 40,000 covid cases today on 11:25 - Oct 8 with 2189 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Watching QT last night you certainly got the impression that Johnson's blustering clown act is wearing a bit thin.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Another 40,000 covid cases today on 11:27 - Oct 8 with 2177 viewschicoazul

Isn’t it more or less proven that cases do not equal hospitalisation now?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Another 40,000 covid cases today on 11:33 - Oct 8 with 2155 viewsmutters

Yes but also not in the numbers seen pre-vaccine etc. Any increase in cases will naturally create more hospital cases.

The vaccine whilst not being able to eradicate the catching for Coivd has certainly reduced the percentage of those who end up in hospital.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Another 40,000 covid cases today on 11:37 - Oct 8 with 2139 viewsBlueBadger

Another 40,000 covid cases today on 11:33 - Oct 8 by mutters

Yes but also not in the numbers seen pre-vaccine etc. Any increase in cases will naturally create more hospital cases.

The vaccine whilst not being able to eradicate the catching for Coivd has certainly reduced the percentage of those who end up in hospital.

But the problem is, we are struggling with beds, staff and burnout RIGHT NOW. I fear there isn't any slack in the system AT ALL to cope with any amount of 'surge', regardless of how small it is compared to previously.

Another 40,000 covid cases today on 11:37 - Oct 8 with 2131 viewsBlueBadger

Another 40,000 covid cases today on 11:27 - Oct 8 by chicoazul

Isn’t it more or less proven that cases do not equal hospitalisation now?

There's a weakened but by no means broken link, right now. And frankly, we don't have any 'slack' capacity at all right now.

Another 40,000 covid cases today on 11:40 - Oct 8 with 2118 viewsJDB23

I tested positive a few days ago and I’m pretty sure the only place I could have got it from was Portman road so I would suggest people still be careful when attending, especially in the concourse areas.
Another 40,000 covid cases today on 11:55 - Oct 8 with 2051 viewsWD19

Another 40,000 covid cases today on 10:57 - Oct 8 by pointofblue

We are British.....so I imagine a lot of people that have not had their vaccinations and don't wear masks will be really angry that the government is not doing enough.
Another 40,000 covid cases today on 11:58 - Oct 8 with 2039 viewsElderGrizzly

Another 40,000 covid cases today on 11:37 - Oct 8 by BlueBadger

There's a weakened but by no means broken link, right now. And frankly, we don't have any 'slack' capacity at all right now.

Indeed as the tweet in the OP says. Our hospitalisations are still worryingly high

Hospital trusts across the country are still showing severe capacity issues already.
Another 40,000 covid cases today on 12:46 - Oct 8 with 1970 viewsEastTownBlue

Another 40,000 covid cases today on 11:40 - Oct 8 by JDB23

I tested positive a few days ago and I’m pretty sure the only place I could have got it from was Portman road so I would suggest people still be careful when attending, especially in the concourse areas.

There was a thread on here a couple of days ago about a number of cases reported following the Sheffield Weds/Doncaster matches from those who were in the lower North.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2021 12:49]
Another 40,000 covid cases today on 13:01 - Oct 8 with 1914 viewsGlasgowBlue

Another 40,000 covid cases today on 11:58 - Oct 8 by ElderGrizzly

Indeed as the tweet in the OP says. Our hospitalisations are still worryingly high

Hospital trusts across the country are still showing severe capacity issues already.

Hospitalisations are down across the UK , other than in England where they are level.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/uk-daily-covid-admissions

They are nowhere near the peak of January 2021.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/24/a-bit-of-a-mistery-why-england-cov

edit

And there are just under 2000 less people in Hospital with covid than there was at the middle of last month.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/healthcare

[Post edited 8 Oct 2021 13:11]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Another 40,000 covid cases today on 13:04 - Oct 8 with 1895 viewsJDB23

Another 40,000 covid cases today on 12:46 - Oct 8 by EastTownBlue

There was a thread on here a couple of days ago about a number of cases reported following the Sheffield Weds/Doncaster matches from those who were in the lower North.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2021 12:49]

Ah must have missed that, I'm lower north also.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024