Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause 14:45 - Oct 8 with 2870 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 14:48 - Oct 8 with 2102 viewsWacko

Pretty pointless poll. The real question should be whether more people feel that homes should be better insulated

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 14:48 - Oct 8 with 2109 viewsSteve_M

There is, or at least should be, a further question as to whether people agree with their overall intent. I suspect the numbers look rather different for that.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 14:50 - Oct 8 with 2087 viewsSaleAway

WEll, its not exactly surprising, is it. They are causing a few people to be inconvenienced, and irritating the police, but not actually causing a huge amount of trouble for anyone... essentially, they are the equivalent of a wasp at a picnic. Really annoying, but not enough to do anything but put up with it. However, if you ask people if they like wasps, then no-one does.

This protest is really ill conceived, in that it is causing trouble only to people who have no power to solve the issue...

I still don't know what would have to happen for them to stop protesting ( other than police stop protecting them, and give the general public license to run them down).

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 14:55 - Oct 8 with 2047 viewsSaleAway

Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 14:48 - Oct 8 by Steve_M

There is, or at least should be, a further question as to whether people agree with their overall intent. I suspect the numbers look rather different for that.

well, I just finally looked up the demands:

That the UK government immediately promises to fully fund and take responsibility for the insulation of all social housing in Britain by 2025;

That the UK government immediately promises to produce within four months a legally binding national plan to fully fund and take responsibility for the full low-energy and low-carbon whole-house retrofit , with no externalised costs, of all homes in Britain by 2030 as part of a just transition to full decarbonisation of all parts of society and the economy.

They want the government in 4 months to understand how to retro-fit every house in britain, and fund it..... hmmmm......
[Post edited 8 Oct 2021 14:56]

Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 14:55 - Oct 8 with 2038 viewsblueislander

Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 14:50 - Oct 8 by SaleAway

WEll, its not exactly surprising, is it. They are causing a few people to be inconvenienced, and irritating the police, but not actually causing a huge amount of trouble for anyone... essentially, they are the equivalent of a wasp at a picnic. Really annoying, but not enough to do anything but put up with it. However, if you ask people if they like wasps, then no-one does.

This protest is really ill conceived, in that it is causing trouble only to people who have no power to solve the issue...

I still don't know what would have to happen for them to stop protesting ( other than police stop protecting them, and give the general public license to run them down).

Missing hospital appointments could be more than an "inconvenience"
Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 14:57 - Oct 8 with 2017 viewsSaleAway

Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 14:55 - Oct 8 by blueislander

Missing hospital appointments could be more than an "inconvenience"

yeah, but on a national scale, its not likely to cause a great deal of harm...

this is why they are hated, they have a big impact on individuals who can do nothing to solve a problem, but the impact doesn't really affect the people who can solve it.

Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 15:05 - Oct 8 with 1984 viewsWacko

Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 14:55 - Oct 8 by SaleAway

That the UK government immediately promises to fully fund and take responsibility for the insulation of all social housing in Britain by 2025;

That the UK government immediately promises to produce within four months a legally binding national plan to fully fund and take responsibility for the full low-energy and low-carbon whole-house retrofit , with no externalised costs, of all homes in Britain by 2030 as part of a just transition to full decarbonisation of all parts of society and the economy.

They want the government in 4 months to understand how to retro-fit every house in britain, and fund it..... hmmmm......

Demands from these kinds of groups are always going to be highly ambitious. They're not a political party. What matters most to them is their very clear message "Insulate Britain" which is being displayed across every single news organ / message board when anyone discusses them

Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 15:06 - Oct 8 with 1976 viewsblueislander

Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 14:57 - Oct 8 by SaleAway

yeah, but on a national scale, its not likely to cause a great deal of harm...

this is why they are hated, they have a big impact on individuals who can do nothing to solve a problem, but the impact doesn't really affect the people who can solve it.

They are supposedly trying to save lives , and yet they are actually endangering some.
Login to get fewer ads

Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 15:11 - Oct 8 with 1951 viewstractordownsouth

Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 14:48 - Oct 8 by Wacko

Pretty pointless poll. The real question should be whether more people feel that homes should be better insulated

I'd wager that the people who disagree with home insulation policy is much smaller than the number who disapprove of Insulate Britain

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 15:21 - Oct 8 with 1915 viewsWacko

Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 15:11 - Oct 8 by tractordownsouth

I'd wager that the people who disagree with home insulation policy is much smaller than the number who disapprove of Insulate Britain

I'd also wager in a year's time when the protests have stopped, people wil have forgotten about all the inconveniences, yet their message will still be lingering on

Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 17:05 - Oct 8 with 1722 viewstractordownsouth

Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 15:21 - Oct 8 by Wacko

I'd also wager in a year's time when the protests have stopped, people wil have forgotten about all the inconveniences, yet their message will still be lingering on

Environmentalism will still be a key message, but that's not because of Insulate Britain. They haven't actually advanced anything, it's performative rubbish aimed at people who don't have power to make the changes they're advocating. Why don't they protest outside Parliament or Downing Street instead? Their actions stopped a woman getting to hospital after she'd had a stroke the other day.

Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 17:11 - Oct 8 with 1696 viewsJ2BLUE

Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 17:05 - Oct 8 by tractordownsouth

Environmentalism will still be a key message, but that's not because of Insulate Britain. They haven't actually advanced anything, it's performative rubbish aimed at people who don't have power to make the changes they're advocating. Why don't they protest outside Parliament or Downing Street instead? Their actions stopped a woman getting to hospital after she'd had a stroke the other day.

If their actions cause someone to die they should be on murder charges.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 17:30 - Oct 8 with 1646 viewsWD19

Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 14:48 - Oct 8 by Wacko

Every time they pull one of their stunts I remove another block of insulation from my house.

That'll show them! <SHAKES FIST>
Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 17:35 - Oct 8 with 1636 viewsClapham_Junction

Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 14:55 - Oct 8 by SaleAway

That isn't what they are asking for though. They want a plan that commits the government to funding a proper national insulation programme, not a plan for insulating each property.
Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 17:44 - Oct 8 with 1609 viewsgiant_stow

who'd have thunk it.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 18:25 - Oct 8 with 1529 viewsDarth_Koont

Same as Martin Luther King back in the day.

Good on them. They’ve made the underlying issue unavoidable when no-one would listen.

Pronouns: He/Him

Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 18:34 - Oct 8 with 1502 viewstractordownsouth

Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 18:25 - Oct 8 by Darth_Koont

Good on them. They’ve made the underlying issue unavoidable when no-one would listen.

Causing a woman to be paralysed due to their performative protests doesn't make someone Martin Luther King, it makes them a d1ck.

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/mum-left-paralysed-after-ins

Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 18:44 - Oct 8 with 1492 viewsghostofescobar

Motorists absolutely livid having their journeys disrupted by Insulate Britain, but shrug shoulders when disrupted by climate linked flash floods. Don’t worry though, we are levelling up in a high wage economy, so for every flood there will be a heat wave and ice creams and wet suits will be really, really expensive. Huzzah!

GhostOfEscobar

Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 22:38 - Oct 8 with 1285 viewsBasuco

There was an interesting interview on radio Cambridgeshire with a green energy company owner, for many years now the Government has been cutting back on grants for insulating homes and changing boilers. It is this type of short sighted government cuts that they are highlighting. Not sure I support their methods but the cause and message are exactly what the Country needs.
Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 22:54 - Oct 8 with 1256 viewsbazza

Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 18:25 - Oct 8 by Darth_Koont

Comparing old duffers sitting in the road to get a house insulated, to Martin Luther king.. wow!!
Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 23:21 - Oct 8 with 1205 viewsRyorry

Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 22:38 - Oct 8 by Basuco

There was an interesting interview on radio Cambridgeshire with a green energy company owner, for many years now the Government has been cutting back on grants for insulating homes and changing boilers. It is this type of short sighted government cuts that they are highlighting. Not sure I support their methods but the cause and message are exactly what the Country needs.

No one on here has ever disagreed with or been ignorant of their cause, just their methods, as several previous threads have highlighted.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 23:32 - Oct 8 with 1195 viewsGlasgowBlue

You daft old koont.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 23:36 - Oct 8 with 1184 viewsRyorry

Nothing like "the same as MLK back in the day".

His protest marches *attracted* tens of thousands of people to them *voluntarily* - in fact 250K to the Lincoln Memorial March in 1963. He did not *force* people to listen to him by holding them up, he *drew them to him* by the power of persuasion in his speeches, something this movement would do well to reflect on.

[Post edited 8 Oct 2021 23:38]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 00:29 - Oct 9 with 1144 viewsEnigma_Blue

More people may be listening now because of their actions but that doesn't mean they are getting more people to support them in their cause. Being an inconvenience to the general public is hardly the best way to win hearts and minds.
It also doesn't help when some of them haven't even had their own homes insulated even though they easily could afford to.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2021 0:31]
Great work by Insulate UK to get people on board with their cause on 07:26 - Oct 9 with 998 viewssolomon

Not sure that’s the best comparison, I’d say more like Ghandi’s peaceful non cooperative action which ultimately will work in my opinion. I’m concerned that bonding yourself to some of our busiest tarmac is ultimately extremely dangerous and not only endangers their lives but the lives of our emergency services who are duty bound to attend. Getting the public on side on this very very important issue is critical.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024