Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England and Ipswich playing on the same day. 03:37 - Oct 9 with 622 viewsSE1blue

Is it my imagination or has it been a very long time since England and Ipswich played competitive matches on the same day?

Shows how far we’ve fallen that our game is not postponed due to international call ups.

I just got used to our games being cancelled if england were playing.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

England and Ipswich playing on the same day. on 06:40 - Oct 9 with 556 viewsgordon

This is an interesting point - in the 90s and 00s when we were in the championship there was always the 3 call-ups rule (I would guess it changed somewhere around 2005 - 2010 to no games in the championship at all), which mostly meant our games were called off, but perhaps not always?
England and Ipswich playing on the same day. on 07:13 - Oct 9 with 527 viewsHeadWestBlue

Well we will not be able to use the international break as an excuse for any poor performance next Saturday. We have done that in the past. Along with we are the featured match on Sky, along with it is a cup game.
England and Ipswich playing on the same day. on 09:32 - Oct 9 with 385 viewsITFC_Forever

England and Ipswich playing on the same day. on 06:40 - Oct 9 by gordon

This is an interesting point - in the 90s and 00s when we were in the championship there was always the 3 call-ups rule (I would guess it changed somewhere around 2005 - 2010 to no games in the championship at all), which mostly meant our games were called off, but perhaps not always?

Not always in the Champ in the 00s, you had to have three players called up.

Can remember going to Gillingham away in around 2003, then on to Eastbourne for the speedway against the Witches, and we watched England’s game on tv in the bar at Eastbourne’s speedway stadium.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024