Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD 'The Expanse' massive...... 09:50 - Oct 9 with 480 viewsBlueBadger

....the first trailer for the (allegedly) final series is here...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

TWTD 'The Expanse' massive...... on 09:54 - Oct 9 with 459 viewsDubtractor

Ooooh.

This should be good.

Have to confess though, that I'm a little disappointed that the focus (as in the books that I've now caught up with) has shifted away from the protomolecule, and everything that led to, and is more about the different human factions. It's still great, but I wanted more protomolecule!!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

TWTD 'The Expanse' massive...... on 09:57 - Oct 9 with 443 viewsBlueBadger

TWTD 'The Expanse' massive...... on 09:54 - Oct 9 by Dubtractor

Ooooh.

This should be good.

Have to confess though, that I'm a little disappointed that the focus (as in the books that I've now caught up with) has shifted away from the protomolecule, and everything that led to, and is more about the different human factions. It's still great, but I wanted more protomolecule!!

Spoiler alert: it shifts back into rather stark focus ever more in the final three books. And there's a brilliantly weird novella called 'Strange Dogs' that takes place between books 6 and 7 which makes the protomolecule, if anything, even more scary.

Which, sadly, don't look like they're getting onto the screen at moment. Possibly because there's a 30 year time jump involved which would either mean some serious make-up work or recasting.

Plus, there's some MASSIVE space battles in them as well.

Well, there is in books 7 and 8, anyway. 9 isn't out yet...
[Post edited 9 Oct 2021 10:02]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

TWTD 'The Expanse' massive...... on 10:14 - Oct 9 with 412 viewsZXBlue

TWTD 'The Expanse' massive...... on 09:57 - Oct 9 by BlueBadger

Spoiler alert: it shifts back into rather stark focus ever more in the final three books. And there's a brilliantly weird novella called 'Strange Dogs' that takes place between books 6 and 7 which makes the protomolecule, if anything, even more scary.

Which, sadly, don't look like they're getting onto the screen at moment. Possibly because there's a 30 year time jump involved which would either mean some serious make-up work or recasting.

There is a suggestion of films after the rfinal series
TWTD 'The Expanse' massive...... on 10:18 - Oct 9 with 407 viewsDubtractor

I've read up to book 7, and it is clearly back in that, and with hints that it will become even more prominent in book 8.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

TWTD 'The Expanse' massive...... on 10:19 - Oct 9 with 405 viewsBlueBadger

TWTD 'The Expanse' massive...... on 10:14 - Oct 9 by ZXBlue

There is a suggestion of films after the rfinal series

That's probably the best way to do it - there's a fair few bit 'set piece' moments in 7 and 8 that would benefit from a bigger budget and/or screen.

TWTD 'The Expanse' massive...... on 12:14 - Oct 9 with 349 viewsThrobbe

I'm eagerly awaiting the final book but haven't tried out the novellas. Which would you recommend to read before the last book comes out.

I'm tempted by The Churn but I already imagine Amos' back story as pretty grim, so not sure a book would go as bleak as the bits I've already filled in in my head.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

TWTD 'The Expanse' massive...... on 12:52 - Oct 9 with 314 viewsBlueBadger

TWTD 'The Expanse' massive...... on 12:14 - Oct 9 by Throbbe

I'm eagerly awaiting the final book but haven't tried out the novellas. Which would you recommend to read before the last book comes out.

I'm tempted by The Churn but I already imagine Amos' back story as pretty grim, so not sure a book would go as bleak as the bits I've already filled in in my head.

I've read 'The Churn' and it's an interesting read. 'Strange Dogs' is pretty good. A lot of 'what life is like in Laconia' stuff as well as a bit of back story for two minor characters in book 8 and makes What Happens To Amos not quite such a shock. They're the only two I've read.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2021 12:54]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024