Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Feels massive today 11:35 - Oct 9 with 1278 viewsclive_baker

I’m not going to say ‘must win’, but it kind of is isn’t it? Just looking at the league table and we really need to be something approaching 30 points after 20 games, or very high 20’s as a minimum from where we are now. Makes today a biggie.

IF we do get the 3 points today you would have to say a yield of 10 from our last 5 games is much closer to what will get you out of this division at the right end.

COYB

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Feels massive today on 12:01 - Oct 9 with 1215 viewsGlasgowBlue

Until we win 3 or 4 on the bounce then I think every game is a must win.

We can't keep taking one step forward then two steps back.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Feels massive today on 12:11 - Oct 9 with 1198 viewsLankHenners

Feel weirdly flat about the game. Today, like next week, and like several games coming up are almost a lose-lose in a way. We should be brushing teams like Shrewsbury off so a win is the bare minimum and anything else is a disaster really.

It’s about stringing results together from now on - for one our terrible start means we simply have to but also it’s no good getting a convincing win, going on about how it ‘sends a message to the league’ then putting in another awful display like against Accrington. That loss thumped far more out of me than the thrill the Doncaster win gave - just made us seem like we haven’t got the necessary fight to go up. Hopefully today is the start of the team proving me wrong.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Feels massive today on 12:21 - Oct 9 with 1165 viewsitfcjoe

Have to win, just to give Cook hope if it being a momentum building one as opposed to a papering over the cracks one - will be the same next week.

If we don’t win today he’ll be in serious trouble - I think we will though and have backed us to do so comfortably

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Feels massive today on 12:25 - Oct 9 with 1143 viewsmylittletown

It is not out of reach yet, but we really need a run of 6 or 7 wins in the next 10 games to get us anywhere near the right end of the table.

Without wishing to be negative, I really can't see that happening, so I am resigned to setting my sights on not getting into a relegation battle.
Feels massive today on 12:26 - Oct 9 with 1135 viewsSwansea_Blue

For those expecting promotion, it’s a must win.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Feels massive today on 12:26 - Oct 9 with 1130 viewsJDB23

Fail to win today and that really should be it on Cook’s time here, just don’t see how we would turn it around into a promotion. Hopefully that pressure doesn’t result in a team scared to play.
Feels massive today on 12:27 - Oct 9 with 1131 viewsIllinoisblue

We have to win. Simple as that. Players have to atone for the Accrington debacle. No excuses, just get it fooking done.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Feels massive today on 12:35 - Oct 9 with 1082 viewsFunge

Feels massive today on 12:01 - Oct 9 by GlasgowBlue

Until we win 3 or 4 on the bounce then I think every game is a must win.

We can't keep taking one step forward then two steps back.

I agree.

We need to win the next few really; we then have Wycombe, Sunderland (twice), Wigan and Rotherham in close proximity.

Cook needs to sort it out - every week that passes, the task gets a little more difficult, and the optimism spreads a little thinner.
Login to get fewer ads

Feels massive today on 12:44 - Oct 9 with 1044 viewshype313

If we can't beat Shrewsbury, then quite simply, we don't deserve to go up.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Feels massive today on 13:04 - Oct 9 with 981 viewsSomethingBlue

Failure is not an option today. Feels like a 2-0 or 3-1 so hopefully that’s what happens.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Feels massive today on 13:12 - Oct 9 with 954 viewsBluefish

He is in a thread for anyone with any sense, fail to win today and there really is no way back for anyone surely

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Feels massive today on 13:18 - Oct 9 with 937 viewsKeaneish

Two points a game from here on in, it’s as simple as that. I’ve no doubt we’ll win today. Thanks highly suspect we’ll have very strong home form from this point onward.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Feels massive today on 13:20 - Oct 9 with 928 viewsSimonds92

It is a must win but i am fully expecting us to do so.
Feels massive today on 13:47 - Oct 9 with 867 viewsBlueBadger

Feels massive today on 13:12 - Oct 9 by Bluefish

He is in a thread for anyone with any sense, fail to win today and there really is no way back for anyone surely

You'd think that, but someone will probably make a banner with his face on, photoshopped to look like a an 80's action hero instead.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Feels massive today on 13:52 - Oct 9 with 844 viewsSteve_M

Yeah, it’s must win today.

Basically if we don’t I would think that enough us enough for Cook.

We’ll win though, probably 3-1.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Feels massive today on 13:55 - Oct 9 with 825 viewschicoazul

Feeing confident of a Good win today lads, keep our recent momentum (with the obvious exception) going.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Feels massive today on 17:03 - Oct 9 with 606 viewschicoazul

Feels massive today on 13:55 - Oct 9 by chicoazul

Feeing confident of a Good win today lads, keep our recent momentum (with the obvious exception) going.

Yes!
The roll started after Bolton lads. We’re on our way.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024