Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. 18:08 - Oct 9 with 3579 viewsWallingford_Boy

You lot are looking a bit silly now.

All aboard the play off push!

RIP Sir Bobby

4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 18:39 - Oct 9 with 2259 viewsHerbivore

We're including pizza cup games now? Desperate times.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 18:41 - Oct 9 with 2248 viewsghostofescobar

4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 18:39 - Oct 9 by Herbivore

Less desperate than under the fvckwit Evans? I’ll take where we are now any day.

GhostOfEscobar

4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 18:41 - Oct 9 with 2246 viewsOldboy

Really not sure why the need for this thread, but well done.
4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 18:50 - Oct 9 with 2177 viewsbazza

Although I appreciate the win, and want cook to succeed.. at times we still look like neither of them have played a game together before..
4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 18:53 - Oct 9 with 2154 viewspositivity

i don't think we should include them (or even the league cup), but some on here were including them on here when it was 4 wins in 24 though!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 18:55 - Oct 9 with 2139 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nobody's looking silly. We've got 10 points in the last 6 league games, so 1.66 pts/game. It's a huge improvement and a good sign (long may it last, etc.). Yet that still isn't enough to guarantee a playoff place. We were looking at needing something like 1.7+ points per game just to make the playoffs last time we went through this a couple of matches gao.

We've certainly take a step in the right direction after beating the bottom 2 sides. Now we need to start doing it against everyone. If we do that, then you can come back and do whatever it is you're trying to do now.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2021 18:56]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 19:11 - Oct 9 with 2044 viewswkj

Not really looking silly at all - I can't think of many who were pissed off with cook that didn't also state they still hope he comes good.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 19:53 - Oct 9 with 1953 viewsTerra_Farma

Take your head for a sh.it

A win is a win.

Winning breeds confidence. I'm guessing you have never played for a football team before?
Login to get fewer ads

4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 20:48 - Oct 9 with 1883 viewsMatt_Netherlands

HMS Climb the league?
4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 20:54 - Oct 9 with 1851 viewstextbackup

much better losing nothing cup games isnt it, more sticks to beat the manager with

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 20:56 - Oct 9 with 1850 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I really do hope my feelings after the Bolton result do make me look silly in May.

However, I don't feel like 14th place, 13 points from 11 matches or even a decent 5-match league run are enough to do that.

A further 35-match run of equal or better form and yes, I will look silly for wanting him out after Bolton. And I will be delighted to look silly then, too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 21:07 - Oct 9 with 1808 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

You lot are happy to include Mickey Mouse games when we lose them though?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 21:11 - Oct 9 with 1801 viewsTerra_Farma

4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 21:07 - Oct 9 by The_Flashing_Smile

You lot are happy to include Mickey Mouse games when we lose them though?

Herbivore is a be.ll end.

The vast majority of regular posters on this forum are wind up merchants and need to have their daily troll fix.
4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 21:16 - Oct 9 with 1771 viewsunstableblue

4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 21:11 - Oct 9 by Terra_Farma

The vast majority of regular posters on this forum are wind up merchants and need to have their daily troll fix.

I don’t think Herbivore is a b@ll end, he’s got some great political views

His issue is he’s belligerent on the forum

It’s ridiculous to call out the pizza cup as irrelevant, because if we’d lost he’d be one of the first to use it as a stick to beat cook and the project

A very large set of fans on this forum gave up on Cook weeks ago… and I really hope they have egg all over their face

But it’s way too early to call the project and cook a success… but it’s beginning to look better

And six points off the play offs in October with this squad is not a concern

Now let’s go and crucify Cambridge
[Post edited 9 Oct 2021 22:04]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 21:35 - Oct 9 with 1706 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 21:11 - Oct 9 by Terra_Farma

Whilst a few might be trolls, I think some are only happy when they're moaning and a few are impatient ninnies who want everything to be brilliant like it was in the old days.

4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 21:38 - Oct 9 with 1699 viewsOsborneOneNil

Hahaha!
4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 21:50 - Oct 9 with 1655 viewsNthsuffolkblue

4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 21:35 - Oct 9 by The_Flashing_Smile

Whilst a few might be trolls, I think some are only happy when they're moaning and a few are impatient ninnies who want everything to be brilliant like it was in the old days.

Personally, I find it tedious that everyone has to be in one camp or the other.

Why can't we be unhappy with being where we are? Why can't we be pleased with our current form?

If we continue to be where we are in the table and/or lower, it is not good enough. If we continue with the improvement and get promoted, it is job done for this season.

There is so much desperation to be the first person to have called it right. I couldn't see Cook fixing it after Bolton. I am delighted if he goes on to prove me wrong. Currently, I think the jury remains out (or is out again as I had returned a verdict after Bolton, personally).

4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 21:54 - Oct 9 with 1645 viewsOsborneOneNil

4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 21:50 - Oct 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

Why can't we be unhappy with being where we are? Why can't we be pleased with our current form?

If we continue to be where we are in the table and/or lower, it is not good enough. If we continue with the improvement and get promoted, it is job done for this season.

There is so much desperation to be the first person to have called it right. I couldn't see Cook fixing it after Bolton. I am delighted if he goes on to prove me wrong. Currently, I think the jury remains out (or is out again as I had returned a verdict after Bolton, personally).

Well said mate. It’s quite pathetic.
4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 21:54 - Oct 9 with 1639 viewsSuperblue95

4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 18:50 - Oct 9 by bazza

Although I appreciate the win, and want cook to succeed.. at times we still look like neither of them have played a game together before..

Which two?

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 21:56 - Oct 9 with 1625 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 21:50 - Oct 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

Can you explain why you downarrowed "You lot are happy to include Mickey Mouse games when we lose them though?" Because it's a fact, they have done.

4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 21:59 - Oct 9 with 1621 viewscatch74

4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 21:54 - Oct 9 by Superblue95

Which two?

Cook and Babtridge.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 22:00 - Oct 9 with 1617 viewsbazza

4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 21:54 - Oct 9 by Superblue95

Which two?

None.. of them 😉
4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 22:03 - Oct 9 with 1594 viewsjayessess

We've won 3 league games, 2 of them home fixtures against the teams 23rd and 24th in the league. Bit early to be deciding anyone looks silly yet, I would've thought.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 22:18 - Oct 9 with 1528 viewsNthsuffolkblue

4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 21:56 - Oct 9 by The_Flashing_Smile

Can you explain why you downarrowed "You lot are happy to include Mickey Mouse games when we lose them though?" Because it's a fact, they have done.

I down-arrowed it because I never have done. I specifically said that, although it was embarrassing for the team that took the field against the WHam kids to lose to them, the result was meaningless and it is even more embarrassing that a match against a youth team is a first team fixture for us in the first place. I have not counted the Mickey Mouse cups in any manager's record.

4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 22:28 - Oct 9 with 1495 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

4 wins in 6, just 4 conceded.. on 22:18 - Oct 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

I down-arrowed it because I never have done. I specifically said that, although it was embarrassing for the team that took the field against the WHam kids to lose to them, the result was meaningless and it is even more embarrassing that a match against a youth team is a first team fixture for us in the first place. I have not counted the Mickey Mouse cups in any manager's record.

I didn't accuse you though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024