Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fraser 20:04 - Oct 9 with 2323 viewsportmanking

In his iFollow interview this evening he seemed quite downbeat about his role in the team. Said how he's a left sided 8 rather than the left of a three.

I really don't see why Cook is so reticent to play him centrally?
Fraser on 20:13 - Oct 9 with 2210 viewsStenvict

I think he's just frustrated that he won't have been part of the Scotland team that qualifies for the WC, but just be used as the final piece of the jigsaw to bring the trophy home.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Fraser on 20:41 - Oct 9 with 2065 viewsunstableblue

I rate Cook, I think his interview is what we want to hear, no more malaise at this club

But the Fraser interview is concerning

He wants to play number 8 that’s left sided advanced central midfielder

Not a 10 and not a left winger. And he’s not going to displace a Evans, harper, Carroll or el Miz

Feels like a genuine criticism of manager and recruitment

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Fraser on 20:43 - Oct 9 with 2036 viewsportmanking

Fraser on 20:41 - Oct 9 by unstableblue

I rate Cook, I think his interview is what we want to hear, no more malaise at this club

Not a 10 and not a left winger. And he’s not going to displace a Evans, harper, Carroll or el Miz

Agreed with the latter. It's almost an insinuation of being brought to the club under false pretences. I doubt be was told he'd be playing left inside forward during negotiations...
Fraser on 20:46 - Oct 9 with 1997 viewstextbackup

certainly doesnt feel as tho we are getting the best of him at the moment

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Fraser on 20:53 - Oct 9 with 1946 viewsThai_Blue

I feel that a few of the players were brought in this summer because we could get them, then another player became available who was better. Therein lies the problem with building a new team in one transfer window and why patience is required this season.
Fraser on 22:46 - Oct 9 with 1632 viewsIllinoisblue

What was it Mick used to say, something about wanting players being outside the tent and not pissing inside it. I may have worded that wrongly

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Fraser on 23:02 - Oct 9 with 1552 viewsKeaneish

If he plays well in that position today he comes out in a lively, positive manner. It happens all the time with players playing in different positions. It doesn’t like he was ever intended to play as a CM so I doubt that was the conversation when he was brought here.

No doubt he’s better centrally but Chaplin is starting to stake a claim for that position now. Competition is healthy but Fraser might be the one slipping out of the starting eleven when Celina is back.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Fraser on 23:35 - Oct 9 with 1430 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Fraser on 22:46 - Oct 9 by Illinoisblue

What was it Mick used to say, something about wanting players being outside the tent and not pissing inside it. I may have worded that wrongly

You have got that quote, which isn't original to Mick but is said by all middle managers in the UK on at least a monthly basis, pretty much back to front!

It should be "It's better to have them on the inside of the tent pissing out, than outside pissing in."
Login to get fewer ads

Fraser on 00:03 - Oct 10 with 1366 viewsIllinoisblue

Fraser on 23:35 - Oct 9 by ArnoldMoorhen

You have got that quote, which isn't original to Mick but is said by all middle managers in the UK on at least a monthly basis, pretty much back to front!

It should be "It's better to have them on the inside of the tent pissing out, than outside pissing in."

I was close! It’s been a long day in the sun - that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Fraser on 04:28 - Oct 10 with 1222 viewsNthQldITFC

Fraser on 00:03 - Oct 10 by Illinoisblue

I was close! It’s been a long day in the sun - that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it

I used the same excuse at my mid-summer wedding, when I was roundly berated for sh1tting inside the marquee.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Fraser on 08:25 - Oct 10 with 1040 viewsitfcjoe

I listened to him on Suffolk and he was basically saying how he’s learning a new role as the one he has spent most of his career playing (a left sided 8) just isn’t in out shape

Didn’t seem a criticism or a big deal

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Fraser on 10:23 - Oct 10 with 884 viewsRobTheMonk

I think he's a really good player but we're not doing him any favours with the system we play. It does beg the question why we got him if his best role is not actually in the formation we play.
Fraser on 10:30 - Oct 10 with 851 viewsWickets

Fraser on 22:46 - Oct 9 by Illinoisblue

And the ghost of MM raises its great big ugly head yet again !
Fraser on 10:46 - Oct 10 with 792 viewsWallingford_Boy

Diddums.

Lucky to be in the team, role your sleeves up and improve.

ItS that simple.

RIP Sir Bobby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024