Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Edwards skill and non-penalty 21:19 - Oct 9 with 4308 viewsElderGrizzly

😳

The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 21:23 - Oct 9 with 3902 viewsbazza

That ref was horrendous today.
The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 21:25 - Oct 9 with 3890 viewsStewart27

Jesus. Blue tinted goggles firmly removed. Watched it time and time again and that is a peno all day long.
The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 21:35 - Oct 9 with 3803 viewsSimonds92

Pretty sure he got the ball hence why there was no protest from Edwards.
The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 22:17 - Oct 9 with 3564 viewsleftback

The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 21:35 - Oct 9 by Simonds92

Clearly got the ball……in the process of clearing out Edwards, never seen a clearer penalty
The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 22:24 - Oct 9 with 3518 viewsElderGrizzly

The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 22:17 - Oct 9 by leftback

Clearly got the ball……in the process of clearing out Edwards, never seen a clearer penalty

Player first, then ball flicks away afterwards in my view
The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 22:31 - Oct 9 with 3482 viewsSimonds92

Maybe from a grainy video from the Magnus stand it looks that way. To be fair im the north but was perfectly in line with it and looked to get the ball to me. Fraser one looked more of a peno imo
The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 22:56 - Oct 9 with 3378 viewsHerbivore

That looks like a stone waller. Refs in League 1 are dreadful.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 23:53 - Oct 9 with 3191 viewsRocky

Tackle from behind just as he was about to pull the trigger. No hope of fairly winning the ball without taking the player.
Penalty with most refs 9 times out of 10
Login to get fewer ads

The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 00:20 - Oct 10 with 3129 viewsnorfsufblue

The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 21:23 - Oct 9 by bazza

Not to mention the basketball intervention to stop Bonne running on to perfect ball over the top... whole of Churchmans terrace saw it judging by the reaction!
The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 00:28 - Oct 10 with 3102 viewshoppy

The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 00:20 - Oct 10 by norfsufblue

Not to mention the basketball intervention to stop Bonne running on to perfect ball over the top... whole of Churchmans terrace saw it judging by the reaction!

Even Stevie Wonder would’ve seen that one

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 03:00 - Oct 10 with 2982 viewsIllinoisblue

On real time viewing I thought it was a good tackle but the more I watch it the more it looks like the most obvious penalty ever. League 1 refs are a very special breed

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 08:23 - Oct 10 with 2764 viewsITFC_Forever

The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 03:00 - Oct 10 by Illinoisblue

On real time viewing I thought it was a good tackle but the more I watch it the more it looks like the most obvious penalty ever. League 1 refs are a very special breed

The one yesterday was happy to blow his whistle for anything in the middle of the pitch, but anything in and around the penalty area he ignored.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 08:29 - Oct 10 with 2739 viewsEly_Blue

The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 00:28 - Oct 10 by hoppy

Even Stevie Wonder would’ve seen that one

That was a clear a handball as you will ever see, I was in SARL and the guy had his arm out straight, the ball was dropping at Bonnes feet as he had the man beaten, was outside the area but I wonder if he would have got a red had either the ref or Lino seen it as it certainly denied a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Awful refereeing all afternoon, appeared to let some challenges go (the one on Morsy for their goal yet he blows up for something similar but less innocuous 2 minutes later)

I still can’t fathom how neither the ref or Lino doesn’t see such a blatant handball though

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 08:33 - Oct 10 with 2717 viewshoppy

The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 08:29 - Oct 10 by Ely_Blue

That was a clear a handball as you will ever see, I was in SARL and the guy had his arm out straight, the ball was dropping at Bonnes feet as he had the man beaten, was outside the area but I wonder if he would have got a red had either the ref or Lino seen it as it certainly denied a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Awful refereeing all afternoon, appeared to let some challenges go (the one on Morsy for their goal yet he blows up for something similar but less innocuous 2 minutes later)

I still can’t fathom how neither the ref or Lino doesn’t see such a blatant handball though

That’s the same viewpoint we had of it as well so it was right in front of us… blatant and looked very intentional too.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 08:52 - Oct 10 with 2673 viewsGarv

Doesn't look that bad to me. He kept hold of it for too long.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 13:03 - Oct 10 with 2379 viewsvanmunt

The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 21:23 - Oct 9 by bazza

A clear clip on Morsey to trip him for their goal as well. Worse ref so far this season
The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 14:45 - Oct 10 with 2240 viewschrismakin

Another example of a nice bit of skill and an easy assist on the cards, but no..

Being flash is great, but at the moment he's still looking dangerous without doing anything at the end of it.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 15:10 - Oct 10 with 2176 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 14:45 - Oct 10 by chrismakin

Another example of a nice bit of skill and an easy assist on the cards, but no..

Being flash is great, but at the moment he's still looking dangerous without doing anything at the end of it.

Have you got a clip of that one?

The clip I just watched had him pulling his foot back to shoot and then it is taken away by the defender tackling through the back of him!

I get that you have made your mind up that Edwards is the same as Bennetts (who you also thought was the same as Sterling) but it shouldn't stop you actually looking at the evidence in front of your eyes. Yes, he did not get an assist but it should clearly have been a penalty.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 15:17 - Oct 10 with 2163 viewsPhilTWTD

The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 21:35 - Oct 9 by Simonds92

Hadn't occurred to me it might have been a foul at the time, looked a good challenge. But certainly looks more dubious from the video footage. But, as you say, no protests on the field.
The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 15:24 - Oct 10 with 2144 viewschrismakin

The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 15:10 - Oct 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

Have you got a clip of that one?

The clip I just watched had him pulling his foot back to shoot and then it is taken away by the defender tackling through the back of him!

I get that you have made your mind up that Edwards is the same as Bennetts (who you also thought was the same as Sterling) but it shouldn't stop you actually looking at the evidence in front of your eyes. Yes, he did not get an assist but it should clearly have been a penalty.

The evidence is still clear, 0 assists, 0 goals from the left

Whether I was a pen or not shouldn' have come into play as he again had an assist opportunity presented to him but again chose wrong.

Edwards isn' the same as Bennetts as Edwards holds his head up
Edwards however a the moment, isn't showing enough for me that he should be involved whilst sending Dobra on loan.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 15:25 - Oct 10 with 2140 viewschrismakin

The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 15:17 - Oct 10 by PhilTWTD

Hadn't occurred to me it might have been a foul at the time, looked a good challenge. But certainly looks more dubious from the video footage. But, as you say, no protests on the field.

One of those you've seen given, but would be annoyed about I was given against you.

The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 15:43 - Oct 10 with 2092 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 15:24 - Oct 10 by chrismakin

Whether I was a pen or not shouldn' have come into play as he again had an assist opportunity presented to him but again chose wrong.

Edwards however a the moment, isn't showing enough for me that he should be involved whilst sending Dobra on loan.

As I say, where was the assist opportunity in that clip? He was about to shoot when he was fouled. I agreed the statistical evidence is there. I pointed out that you are stretching to suggest he made any poor choices in that clip. With a decent official he would have earned a penalty. Of course, even then the potential assist relies on someone scoring it.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 15:48 - Oct 10 with 2064 viewschicoazul

What kind of crazy talk is this.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 15:56 - Oct 10 with 2030 viewsSomethingBlue

He has started three games for us and been injured for half his time. When he has played, he's been electric. He's a brilliant talent in this division. Each to their own opinion but this is a very strange one.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 15:56 - Oct 10 with 2024 viewschrismakin

The Edwards skill and non-penalty on 15:43 - Oct 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

As I say, where was the assist opportunity in that clip? He was about to shoot when he was fouled. I agreed the statistical evidence is there. I pointed out that you are stretching to suggest he made any poor choices in that clip. With a decent official he would have earned a penalty. Of course, even then the potential assist relies on someone scoring it.

2 town players in great central postions next to him for a lay off.
As you say, the would have had to score anyway for him to get an assist.

But the point again is people getting all excited about a run that came to nothing. Which upto now is pretty much all we're getting from him.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024