Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Home working by Civil Servants helped the Taliban apparently 23:17 - Oct 9 with 815 viewsElderGrizzly

We’ve reached the “Home working is aiding and abetting Terrorism” stage of the Tory Government and their commercial landlord donors plan now

I can categorically say the story is false too. FCDO colleagues were all around the country both before and after the fall helping people escape.

Home working by Civil Servants helped the Taliban apparently on 00:05 - Oct 10 with 739 viewsfactual_blue

Yeah, but the sea was closed.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Home working by Civil Servants helped the Taliban apparently on 00:57 - Oct 10 with 708 viewsChurchman

Although I have been in the FO building in Whitehall, I didn’t have many dealings with FCO, but I would put money on the story being a load of made up rubbish. It doesn’t work that way. Neither is there a’culture of absenteeism’ in Whitehall. I know, I worked there.

There is though a culture of Ministerial incompetence that beggars belief. The irony is that the FCO Minister was on holiday and is known not to take calls when he is away (something senior civil servants/DGs most certainly do). He also was known to be absolutely useless when he was responsible for DExEU a few years ago.

Is there anyone they’re not going to blame to try and do a snow job on their abject and quite frankly dangerous efforts of the past few years?
Home working by Civil Servants helped the Taliban apparently on 01:02 - Oct 10 with 708 viewsfactual_blue

Home working by Civil Servants helped the Taliban apparently on 00:57 - Oct 10 by Churchman

Although I have been in the FO building in Whitehall, I didn’t have many dealings with FCO, but I would put money on the story being a load of made up rubbish. It doesn’t work that way. Neither is there a’culture of absenteeism’ in Whitehall. I know, I worked there.

There is though a culture of Ministerial incompetence that beggars belief. The irony is that the FCO Minister was on holiday and is known not to take calls when he is away (something senior civil servants/DGs most certainly do). He also was known to be absolutely useless when he was responsible for DExEU a few years ago.

Is there anyone they’re not going to blame to try and do a snow job on their abject and quite frankly dangerous efforts of the past few years?

Very senior civil servants have to leave their itineraries for their holidays, along with contact details for every stage of their trip (which of course these days will be their official mobiles).

Official laptops cannot be taken on holiday abroad without prior approval.

Home working by Civil Servants helped the Taliban apparently on 01:59 - Oct 10 with 694 viewsIllinoisblue

IDS wheeled out to hammer the point:

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Home working by Civil Servants helped the Taliban apparently on 04:39 - Oct 10 with 634 viewsThe_Major

That'll be those non contagious bombs that came down mostly out of office hours then?

They're so out of step on this it's laughable.
Home working by Civil Servants helped the Taliban apparently on 08:08 - Oct 10 with 564 viewssolomon

Soft strong and very absorbent is the Mail. I will never fear another loo roll crisis whilst their presses still roll.
Home working by Civil Servants helped the Taliban apparently on 08:44 - Oct 10 with 537 viewsElderGrizzly

Home working by Civil Servants helped the Taliban apparently on 01:02 - Oct 10 by factual_blue

Very senior civil servants have to leave their itineraries for their holidays, along with contact details for every stage of their trip (which of course these days will be their official mobiles).

Official laptops cannot be taken on holiday abroad without prior approval.

Indeed we do….

The story is utter nonsense and will just further destroy any remaining good feeling left between the political and civil service appointees
Home working by Civil Servants helped the Taliban apparently on 08:45 - Oct 10 with 533 viewsElderGrizzly

Home working by Civil Servants helped the Taliban apparently on 01:59 - Oct 10 by Illinoisblue

The joke is, these stories exist in the paper because they pay the Cabinet Ministers to write them.

Those landlords are definitely taking a hit aren’t they?
Login to get fewer ads

Home working by Civil Servants helped the Taliban apparently on 09:46 - Oct 10 with 480 viewspointofblue

I feel dirty defending IDS but the article is more reasonable than the headline suggests, though he does make that stupid 1940s comment. Whether he is really concerned about small businesses reliant on office workers is questionable, though that is the angle taken - and probably one which can at least be argued as valid.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Home working by Civil Servants helped the Taliban apparently on 16:43 - Oct 10 with 373 viewsfactual_blue

Home working by Civil Servants helped the Taliban apparently on 01:59 - Oct 10 by Illinoisblue

They were, in the main, evacuated to safer places under Plan Yellow. So, unsurprisingly, the former tory leader who doesn't even know what his full name is gets it wrong again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evacuations_of_civilians_in_Britain_during_World_W

'The Bank of England moved to the small town of Overton, Hampshire and in 1939—40 moved 2,154 tons of gold to the vaults of the Bank of Canada in Ottawa. The BBC moved variety production to Bristol and Bedford and moved senior staff to Wood Norton near Evesham, Worcestershire. Many senior Post Office staff were relocated to Harrogate. Some private companies moved head offices or their most vital records to comparative safety away from major cities.

Government functions were also evacuated. Under "Plan Yellow",some 23,000 civil servants and their paperwork were dispatched to available hotels in the better coastal resorts and spa towns. Other hotels were requisitioned and emptied for a possible last-ditch "Black Move"[ should London be destroyed or threatened by invasion. Under this plan, the nucleus of government would relocate to the West Midlands–the War Cabinet and ministers would move to Hindlip Hall, Bevere House and Malvern College near Worcester and Parliament to Stratford-upon-Avon.[Winston Churchill was to relocate to Spetchley Park whilst King George VI and other members of the royal family would take up residence at Madresfield Court near Malvern.'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024