Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone watching the NFL? 16:06 - Oct 10 with 1011 viewsJ2BLUE

WTF is this half time show? Have they given a random 12 year old a mic?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone watching the NFL? on 16:14 - Oct 10 with 975 viewsStrimmer

Aitch, pretty big rapper in the UK scene. I do wonder what the yanks will make of him though.

Poll: Was it a punch?

Anyone watching the NFL? on 16:34 - Oct 10 with 932 viewssnotbucket

Probably blew the budget on Katherine Jenkins and a few fireworks!
Anyone watching the NFL? on 16:39 - Oct 10 with 914 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone watching the NFL? on 16:14 - Oct 10 by Strimmer

Aitch, pretty big rapper in the UK scene. I do wonder what the yanks will make of him though.

Wow. It was pure cringe.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone watching the NFL? on 16:43 - Oct 10 with 897 viewsfactual_blue

Nobody with any discernment is.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone watching the NFL? on 15:52 - Oct 11 with 722 viewsChurchman

I was at the game - and was having half time beers so missed the half time bloke. Luckily.

Tottenham’s stadium is amazing. It makes Wembley look very old and ordinary.
Anyone watching the NFL? on 16:02 - Oct 11 with 688 viewsRozz

Anyone watching the NFL? on 15:52 - Oct 11 by Churchman

I was at the game - and was having half time beers so missed the half time bloke. Luckily.

Tottenham’s stadium is amazing. It makes Wembley look very old and ordinary.

What's the crowd / atmosphere like at these things? Can you drink in view of the pitch?

Liverpool street was rammed with jersey clad neckbeard types and it all kicked off in Mcdonalds between a bloke (eventually joined by a couple of others) and 4 or 5 young asian male staff who were allegedly racially abused. One vaulted the service desk to put the boot in while their manager fended off others with a broom handle. Bit surreal really after a 3 hour replacement bus service back to London. I just wanted a burger.
Anyone watching the NFL? on 16:15 - Oct 11 with 672 viewsChurchman

Anyone watching the NFL? on 16:02 - Oct 11 by Rozz

What's the crowd / atmosphere like at these things? Can you drink in view of the pitch?

Liverpool street was rammed with jersey clad neckbeard types and it all kicked off in Mcdonalds between a bloke (eventually joined by a couple of others) and 4 or 5 young asian male staff who were allegedly racially abused. One vaulted the service desk to put the boot in while their manager fended off others with a broom handle. Bit surreal really after a 3 hour replacement bus service back to London. I just wanted a burger.

The crowd was 65000. Oh yes, yo7 can drink alright. There was even a cinema style holder on the seat in front for my beer. It’s very well staged and organised (HT entertainment apart). It’s not the same as football in that the tribal intensity isn’t there. People do travel from the US and presumably ex-pats go but the crowd is 95% U.K. people wear jerseys of all the different NFL reams and while plenty of Jets and Falcons fans were there yesterday it’s very much a day out, an event.
Anyone watching the NFL? on 17:03 - Oct 11 with 619 viewsronnyd

Anyone watching the NFL? on 16:15 - Oct 11 by Churchman

The crowd was 65000. Oh yes, yo7 can drink alright. There was even a cinema style holder on the seat in front for my beer. It’s very well staged and organised (HT entertainment apart). It’s not the same as football in that the tribal intensity isn’t there. People do travel from the US and presumably ex-pats go but the crowd is 95% U.K. people wear jerseys of all the different NFL reams and while plenty of Jets and Falcons fans were there yesterday it’s very much a day out, an event.

My eldest is a 49ers fan and took me to one of those exhibition games at Wembley some years ago. Must admit that after i got a rough idea on what the hell was going on i did rather enjoy it. As said, it,s as much a day out as a game.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone watching the NFL? on 20:39 - Oct 11 with 555 viewsChurchman

Anyone watching the NFL? on 17:03 - Oct 11 by ronnyd

My eldest is a 49ers fan and took me to one of those exhibition games at Wembley some years ago. Must admit that after i got a rough idea on what the hell was going on i did rather enjoy it. As said, it,s as much a day out as a game.

It’s sort of chess with people (a crude form of it). I started watching in about 1980 with my mate who I went with yesterday. There used to be an hour once a week on Channel 4 with Nicky Horne. He immediately liked the Washington Redskins (liked the kit and they were good then), I picked the Chicago Bears because nobody seemed to like them and they were rubbish.

In the 80s we’d have Superbowl eveninght when they started showing the whole game where people would stay, have fun and fall asleep all over the flat by about half time. Cracking nights.

I do know how the game works and enjoy it - but it is an event and lasts hours. In the US I was usually there skiing when the Superbowl was on (20 plus years). We’d get a space at the bar, oil up the barman with dollars and have a great afternoon with beer, junk food, JD and just chilling out. Most Americans do the same. What’s not to like?

Like cricket, it’s not football (greatest team game ever created), but it’s a good excuse for 🍺 fun.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2021 20:45]
Anyone watching the NFL? on 21:58 - Oct 11 with 519 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Anyone watching the NFL? on 20:39 - Oct 11 by Churchman

It’s sort of chess with people (a crude form of it). I started watching in about 1980 with my mate who I went with yesterday. There used to be an hour once a week on Channel 4 with Nicky Horne. He immediately liked the Washington Redskins (liked the kit and they were good then), I picked the Chicago Bears because nobody seemed to like them and they were rubbish.

In the 80s we’d have Superbowl eveninght when they started showing the whole game where people would stay, have fun and fall asleep all over the flat by about half time. Cracking nights.

I do know how the game works and enjoy it - but it is an event and lasts hours. In the US I was usually there skiing when the Superbowl was on (20 plus years). We’d get a space at the bar, oil up the barman with dollars and have a great afternoon with beer, junk food, JD and just chilling out. Most Americans do the same. What’s not to like?

Like cricket, it’s not football (greatest team game ever created), but it’s a good excuse for 🍺 fun.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2021 20:45]

Chess is genius. NFL is a pointless exercise.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Anyone watching the NFL? on 23:01 - Oct 11 with 488 viewsChurchman

Anyone watching the NFL? on 21:58 - Oct 11 by The_Last_Baron

Chess is genius. NFL is a pointless exercise.

I tried to be careful with my choice of words by calling it a ‘sort of chess’. As somebody who has played chess since my early teens, I know what it is. It’s all opinion and mine is that I see certain parallels.

Yes, NFL is a pointless exercise, but isn’t all sport?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024