Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
F.A. Cup 17:53 - Oct 10 with 2273 viewsdominiciawful

Final qualifying round next weekend. Wonder who we'll get in the draw.

Portsmouth (A), obviously.

Also, one month tomorrow (11th November) marks 150 years since the first matches in the competition were played.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2021 18:55]

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

F.A. Cup on 18:33 - Oct 10 with 2205 viewsParisBlue

It's at these rounds that the magic of the cup still lives on. It's 30 years since I travelled back from uni in Newcastle to watch Horsham vs Crawley at this stage (we drew 0-0 and lost the replay - I was gutted).

A few near misses followed, then in 2007 they eventually got through, beat Maidenhead in the first round leading to this - Friday night with the Sky cameras, terrible weather, 'traditional' pitch and a late penalty .

Horsham - with a nice new ground (having been groundless for over 10 years and close to extinction) - have another chance on Saturday. Home to Woking. Come on you Hornets and the Lardy Boys.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

F.A. Cup on 18:50 - Oct 10 with 2172 viewsEastTownBlue

Yes. When you think back over the past couple of seasons we could have been drawn against a League Two or non league teams but we have ended up with draws against teams in our own league (Coventry, Lincoln and Pompey).
F.A. Cup on 18:53 - Oct 10 with 2165 viewsClapham_Junction

If Sudbury can beat Dartford next Saturday, a Suffolk derby would be interesting!
F.A. Cup on 19:14 - Oct 10 with 2119 viewsRadlett_blue

The saddest thing is that the FA idiotically stopped regionalising the 1st & 2nd rounds between North & South a few years ago so an interesting local derby is now far less likely. Town v Sudbury is an interesting game; Town v Stockport isn't.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

F.A. Cup on 19:38 - Oct 10 with 2076 viewsParisBlue

F.A. Cup on 18:50 - Oct 10 by EastTownBlue

Yes. When you think back over the past couple of seasons we could have been drawn against a League Two or non league teams but we have ended up with draws against teams in our own league (Coventry, Lincoln and Pompey).

Before that though we did get the glory of drawing non-league Lincoln. That went well...

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

F.A. Cup on 20:58 - Oct 10 with 1945 viewsFPL_Tractor

F.A. Cup on 18:53 - Oct 10 by Clapham_Junction

If Sudbury can beat Dartford next Saturday, a Suffolk derby would be interesting!

Would be great, but Dartford have been brilliant so far this season so a shock seems unlikely. I’m sure those who went in pre season would enjoy a return trip to Princes Park.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

F.A. Cup on 21:50 - Oct 10 with 1889 viewssolemio

St Albans City
F.A. Cup on 22:59 - Oct 10 with 1833 viewsrgp1

Anyone fancy a trip to Pontefract Collieries?
Login to get fewer ads

F.A. Cup on 01:14 - Oct 11 with 1764 viewsbournemouthblue

F.A. Cup on 18:33 - Oct 10 by ParisBlue

It's at these rounds that the magic of the cup still lives on. It's 30 years since I travelled back from uni in Newcastle to watch Horsham vs Crawley at this stage (we drew 0-0 and lost the replay - I was gutted).

A few near misses followed, then in 2007 they eventually got through, beat Maidenhead in the first round leading to this - Friday night with the Sky cameras, terrible weather, 'traditional' pitch and a late penalty .

Horsham - with a nice new ground (having been groundless for over 10 years and close to extinction) - have another chance on Saturday. Home to Woking. Come on you Hornets and the Lardy Boys.

My cousin is from Surrey and supports Woking so I'd quite enjoy that one, provided we won of course

She has her wedding at Woking Football Club!

My Uncle has also adopted them, their season ticket is only something like £125 a season!
[Post edited 11 Oct 2021 1:16]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

F.A. Cup on 10:40 - Oct 11 with 1618 viewsFBI

Exeter, Yeovil or Torquay Away for me ;-)

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

F.A. Cup on 11:15 - Oct 11 with 1585 viewsIpswichKnight

You just know we will get Kings Lynn.
F.A. Cup on 12:46 - Oct 11 with 1521 viewsLeaky

I fancy a trip to Carlisle in the cup however, always wanted to go to Hartlepool due years ago they always seemed to being relected to the football league.
F.A. Cup on 13:08 - Oct 11 with 1485 viewsZx1988

A level 7/8 team would definitely be on my 'wish list'.

The few positives I drew from our relegation were a possible trip to Wembley in the FLT, and the chance of playing a proper non-league club in the early rounds of the FAC.

So far we've been knocked out by Exeter, failed to leave the group stage, and had our FAC ties consist entirely of L1 opposition.

Someone like Pontefract Collieries or Corinthian Casuals would be the ideal tie for me.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

F.A. Cup on 13:29 - Oct 11 with 1454 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Are Chelmsford City still in it?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

F.A. Cup on 14:28 - Oct 11 with 1408 viewsOldboy

Sunderland away.
F.A. Cup on 14:36 - Oct 11 with 1387 viewsFPL_Tractor

F.A. Cup on 13:29 - Oct 11 by The_Flashing_Smile

Are Chelmsford City still in it?

Yep

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

F.A. Cup on 14:39 - Oct 11 with 1378 viewsIpswichKnight

F.A. Cup on 14:36 - Oct 11 by FPL_Tractor

Yep

My cousins son is playing for them, just know he will come on and score the winner against us, ensuring that I will never ever hear the end of it!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024