Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I always get nervous when we play Cambridge Utd 23:27 - Oct 10 with 1202 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I remember watching this game with my Dad.

I grew up in Cambridge and some of my friends who were Utd supporters went to the match seperately. I remember being so bitter about losing this I didn't talk all the way home in the car.

My black mood was made even worse when we walked in to find my Utd 'friends' sat on my mum's couch singing when I got home. Dicks.

So we better effing beat them on Saturday.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

I always get nervous when we play Cambridge Utd on 23:45 - Oct 10 with 1147 viewsfarkenhell

Steve Whitton going off injured early on changed the game. I'm convinced we would have won otherwise.

I feel your pain - I went to the game with a Cambridge supporter. Didn't say a word in the ground but wouldn't shut up in the car on the way back. I had the last laugh at the end of the season though!
I always get nervous when we play Cambridge Utd on 23:53 - Oct 10 with 1140 viewsTrumptonBlue

We should have won it after Stockwell’s equaliser - Gavin Johnson missed a good chance to put us 2-1 up. Never mind, we won the league anyway.

One of my first away trips was the 1-0 defeat in the League Cup there in 1986. I remember being very disappointed that night.
I always get nervous when we play Cambridge Utd on 23:58 - Oct 10 with 1124 viewsSmithy

awful side to play against with Beck in charge, no sportsmanship at all, horrible horrible side but very effective, of course Dublin was their star man went on to have a great career, didn't Millwall manager Rowett score? Remind me a lot of how Wycombe are today, sh*thousing their way out of the division.

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

I always get nervous when we play Cambridge Utd on 00:33 - Oct 11 with 1084 viewsArnieM

They’ve had some decent results this season. If anyone thinks this game will be a pushover ( and that includes the team), then we are in for a very rude awakening. We need to start being thoroughly professional about matches .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I always get nervous when we play Cambridge Utd on 01:04 - Oct 11 with 1060 viewstextbackup

I always get nervous when we play Cambridge Utd on 00:33 - Oct 11 by ArnieM

They’ve had some decent results this season. If anyone thinks this game will be a pushover ( and that includes the team), then we are in for a very rude awakening. We need to start being thoroughly professional about matches .

Morsy to snap Hoolahan in first 5 and it should become a slightly more favourable task

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I always get nervous when we play Cambridge Utd on 02:25 - Oct 11 with 1021 viewsArnieM

I always get nervous when we play Cambridge Utd on 01:04 - Oct 11 by textbackup

Morsy to snap Hoolahan in first 5 and it should become a slightly more favourable task

I’d forgotten that little runt played for them now. Go on Morsy, make my day !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I always get nervous when we play Cambridge Utd on 08:25 - Oct 11 with 830 viewsSWGF

I always get nervous when we play Cambridge Utd on 23:45 - Oct 10 by farkenhell

Steve Whitton going off injured early on changed the game. I'm convinced we would have won otherwise.

I feel your pain - I went to the game with a Cambridge supporter. Didn't say a word in the ground but wouldn't shut up in the car on the way back. I had the last laugh at the end of the season though!

Target the best player.

Textbook John Beck.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

I always get nervous when we play Cambridge Utd on 09:44 - Oct 11 with 724 viewsfarkenhell

I always get nervous when we play Cambridge Utd on 08:25 - Oct 11 by SWGF

Target the best player.

Textbook John Beck.

To be fair, the injury was of his own making. I remember we started like a train and they couldn't handle Whitton in the air. He was winning everything, then got himself injured and it all went flat. If we had taken one of those early chances, I'm convinced we would have gone on to score a hatful - that's what I kept telling my gloating mate anyway!
Login to get fewer ads

I always get nervous when we play Cambridge Utd on 09:57 - Oct 11 with 687 viewsitfcsuth

I always get nervous when we play Cambridge Utd on 00:33 - Oct 11 by ArnieM

Thoroughly agree.

There is a strange mentality (from our fans) that we should be rolling over teams far too often. It's a competitive league, and whilst we want to be competing at the top end of it, every game has to be approached with the same level of respect.
I always get nervous when we play Cambridge Utd on 10:03 - Oct 11 with 664 viewsitfcjoe

I always get nervous when we play Cambridge Utd on 09:57 - Oct 11 by itfcsuth

Thoroughly agree.

There is a strange mentality (from our fans) that we should be rolling over teams far too often. It's a competitive league, and whilst we want to be competing at the top end of it, every game has to be approached with the same level of respect.

If we want to achieve what all fans want this season - we need to win about 2/3rds of our remaining games.

It's not about expecting to roll teams over, that rarely happens in football - but we've got to win games comfortably at times

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I always get nervous when we play Cambridge Utd on 10:07 - Oct 11 with 638 viewsWickets

I always get nervous when we play Cambridge Utd on 09:57 - Oct 11 by itfcsuth

Thoroughly agree.

Yup as you both say biggest mistake is to under estimate the opposition . It should not need saying but it does if we don't work hard for 90 minutes each game ??
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024