Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A quick question re Cambridge. 11:48 - Oct 11 with 2222 viewsBluebell

Anyone know the best place to park? How far from the station is the ground if we decide to go by train?

Before anyone suggests the Ground Guide, I have looked at that, but not knowing Cambridge it’s difficult to work out distances.

Thank you.
A quick question re Cambridge. on 12:49 - Oct 11 with 2139 viewsEly_Blue

Other than the stock answer of Gatwick, I’d suggest the Newmarket Road Park & Ride site. It’s a reasonable walk but you can always jump on the bus which goes every 10 minutes and passes the ground. Avoid the city centre car parks as the prices are extortionate and it’s a pain to get away after the game

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

A quick question re Cambridge. on 12:50 - Oct 11 with 2129 viewsitfcjoe

It's about a 45 min walk from Newmarket Road Park and Ride, which is then the right side of Cambridge for getting away to Ipswich so may be wrong side for you!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

A quick question re Cambridge. on 12:51 - Oct 11 with 2124 viewshype313

Do not park in Cambridge whatever you do, you can get an all inclusive in the Maldives for the same price as 6 hours in a Car Park there.

Park and Ride on Newmarket Rd, it's only a short bus ride to the ground, without the need to go into Cambridge.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2021 12:53]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

A quick question re Cambridge. on 12:55 - Oct 11 with 2090 viewsOldboy

Has Gatwick been suggested yet?
A quick question re Cambridge. on 12:56 - Oct 11 with 2086 viewsWhos_blue

If you get there early enough, I think you can still park on the grass verges on Barnwell Road which is a 10 minute walk.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

A quick question re Cambridge. on 12:56 - Oct 11 with 2080 viewshype313

A quick question re Cambridge. on 12:55 - Oct 11 by Oldboy

Has Gatwick been suggested yet?

it would actually be cheaper to park at Gatwick and then get a cab to Cambridge, than by popping into a local car park.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

A quick question re Cambridge. on 12:59 - Oct 11 with 2050 viewsNthQldITFC

Relinquere non currum ibi aut rotarum erit furto.

EDIT: Iniuriam homo, imbecile!
[Post edited 11 Oct 2021 13:12]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

A quick question re Cambridge. on 13:04 - Oct 11 with 2031 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Forget the park and ride suggestion.

Keep going past that and turn right at the McDonalds roundabout and park in the housing estate there. (or even left at the Maccy's and first right if the traffic is heavy)

Saves you a good 25mins walk.
Login to get fewer ads

A quick question re Cambridge. on 13:08 - Oct 11 with 2002 viewsEly_Blue

A quick question re Cambridge. on 13:04 - Oct 11 by BlueBlueBluex2

Keep going past that and turn right at the McDonalds roundabout and park in the housing estate there. (or even left at the Maccy's and first right if the traffic is heavy)

But will add on a tonne of time getting in and out before & after the game, not accounting for any ‘damage” parking on the lovely council estate streets

A quick question re Cambridge. on 13:09 - Oct 11 with 1994 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

A quick question re Cambridge. on 13:08 - Oct 11 by Ely_Blue

But will add on a tonne of time getting in and out before & after the game, not accounting for any ‘damage” parking on the lovely council estate streets

Doubtful. Newmarket Rd flows fine these days away from town and I have not heard any reports of damage to any vehicles.

Its where I will be parking.
A quick question re Cambridge. on 13:10 - Oct 11 with 1996 viewsbluelagos

Last time I drove to Cambridge for an evening match in the early 90s, had my car towed which turned out to be very expensive mistake. To get my car out cost more than it was worth, but I wasn't in a position to get home without it.

So just be super careful of the local parking regs - the traffic wardens are "on it" shall we say.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

A quick question re Cambridge. on 13:52 - Oct 11 with 1883 viewsWilbrahamBlue

A quick question re Cambridge. on 13:04 - Oct 11 by BlueBlueBluex2

Yep, this is the one. Ditton Walk end of Wadloes Road which is right turn at macdonalds. I lived on Ditton Walk for 12 years and have often walked that way on matchdays and people still pulling up to park with half hour to go. Big wide road with no restrictions.

The train station walk isnt crazy - 30 mins and lots of good neighbourhood pubs halfway around Mill Road - Salisbury arms, Devonshire arms, Calverys brewery etc and then last 10 mins of walk through the common.
A quick question re Cambridge. on 13:56 - Oct 11 with 1852 viewsTractorWood

A quick question re Cambridge. on 13:09 - Oct 11 by BlueBlueBluex2

Doubtful. Newmarket Rd flows fine these days away from town and I have not heard any reports of damage to any vehicles.

Its where I will be parking.

If you are coming by car I would recommend getting off the A14 at junction 33 (science park) parking in Chesterton near the Haymakers pub (fantastic pub), where it's free and making the 10 minute walk to the ground over the green dragon bridge. That part of Cambridge is mainly fair game for parking but exhibit common sense. The other side of the river is tougher and park and ride is less stressful as others may have experienced.

This will be 1,000 times easier, will take the same time and be entirely free. I've commuted in for nearly a decade and cycled basically every street in the city.

Cambridge has Uber. I'd recommend that from the station.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2021 13:57]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

A quick question re Cambridge. on 14:22 - Oct 11 with 1767 viewsBluebell

Thanks for all the replies. Looks like there are plenty of options.

See you all there!
A quick question re Cambridge. on 14:42 - Oct 11 with 1707 viewsmonty_radio

A quick question re Cambridge. on 12:59 - Oct 11 by NthQldITFC

Relinquere non currum ibi aut rotarum erit furto.

EDIT: Iniuriam homo, imbecile!
[Post edited 11 Oct 2021 13:12]

Cantabrigia - non utique!

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

A quick question re Cambridge. on 14:53 - Oct 11 with 1669 viewsBasuco

A quick question re Cambridge. on 13:10 - Oct 11 by bluelagos

Last time I drove to Cambridge for an evening match in the early 90s, had my car towed which turned out to be very expensive mistake. To get my car out cost more than it was worth, but I wasn't in a position to get home without it.

So just be super careful of the local parking regs - the traffic wardens are "on it" shall we say.

The tow-away was scrapped long ago but the wardens will be out in force no doubt.
A quick question re Cambridge. on 15:16 - Oct 11 with 1615 viewsitfc48

Not sure if still allowed but years ago the Abbey Leisure Complex (as it's known now) was a good option for free parking.
A quick question re Cambridge. on 15:19 - Oct 11 with 1594 viewsbluelagos

A quick question re Cambridge. on 14:53 - Oct 11 by Basuco

The tow-away was scrapped long ago but the wardens will be out in force no doubt.

Only 30 years too late for me then!

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

A quick question re Cambridge. on 17:15 - Oct 11 with 1408 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Railway station is a bit of a trek. Good 45 minute walk from recollection

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

A quick question re Cambridge. on 17:18 - Oct 11 with 1405 viewsFreddies_Ears

A quick question re Cambridge. on 17:15 - Oct 11 by southnorfolkblue

45 minutes????? It always takes me a couple of hours, though that might be in part due to the Devonshire Arms...
A quick question re Cambridge. on 19:08 - Oct 11 with 1273 viewssouthnorfolkblue

A quick question re Cambridge. on 17:18 - Oct 11 by Freddies_Ears

45 minutes????? It always takes me a couple of hours, though that might be in part due to the Devonshire Arms...

Last time I walked it I had an 8 year old in tow, so that might have made a difference to my time. Don’t think he’d have approved of a pub crawl on the way 😂

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

A quick question re Cambridge. on 20:27 - Oct 11 with 1202 viewsEly_Blue

A quick question re Cambridge. on 17:15 - Oct 11 by southnorfolkblue

If you’re going to go via train a little tip get a connection at Cambridge for Cambridge North station (on the line to Ely), it’s much less of a walk to the stadium from there

A quick question re Cambridge. on 20:38 - Oct 11 with 1180 viewsArgyle_blue

Bluebell - town fan living in Cambridge. The walk from the station is easy. You can walk across coldhams common 20 / 25 minutes? Head over the cycle bridge at the station, up to mill road, down Sedgwick street to Cromwell road and then follow the crowd. If you fancy a detour around mill road you could try the Cambridge blue - the petersfield - or the Alexandra arms. I think you can still park resident free on Cromwell road and other roads around there if you wanted to drive and walk. I’d say I’ll see you there but I couldn’t get a ticket. Enjoy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024