Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drink driving verdict 22:09 - Oct 11 with 4045 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Don't open if you are easily angered.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/accountant-claimed-she-downed-two-122621208.html

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Drink driving verdict on 22:26 - Oct 11 with 3171 viewsnorth_stand77

Absolutely disgusting. Especially with kids in the car

Looks like she got off on a technicality unfortunately. To say she had then drunk 2 pints of vodka in 15 minutes after the accident is ridiculous.

Should be thoroughly ashamed of herself not laughing her head off.
Drink driving verdict on 22:39 - Oct 11 with 3139 viewsfactual_blue

Drink driving verdict on 22:26 - Oct 11 by north_stand77

Absolutely disgusting. Especially with kids in the car

Looks like she got off on a technicality unfortunately. To say she had then drunk 2 pints of vodka in 15 minutes after the accident is ridiculous.

Should be thoroughly ashamed of herself not laughing her head off.

The article says she drank 'two pints containing vodka'.

Had she drank two pints of neat vodka in the time frame stated, she'd have passed out.

Why didn't the police get a back calculation?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Drink driving verdict on 23:05 - Oct 11 with 3090 viewsnorth_stand77

Drink driving verdict on 22:39 - Oct 11 by factual_blue

The article says she drank 'two pints containing vodka'.

Had she drank two pints of neat vodka in the time frame stated, she'd have passed out.

Why didn't the police get a back calculation?

The headline says 'She downed two pints of vodka'
This is repeated further down the article before saying 'two pints containing vodka'. Either way, it would seem that she got off through a technicality (could be a number of reasons why) but as you say, generally a back calculation can be made.
Drink driving verdict on 23:12 - Oct 11 with 3076 viewsZXBlue

Drink driving verdict on 23:05 - Oct 11 by north_stand77

This is repeated further down the article before saying 'two pints containing vodka'. Either way, it would seem that she got off through a technicality (could be a number of reasons why) but as you say, generally a back calculation can be made.

A back calculation doesnt help here.

The fact that they only got to her an hour afterwards, makes it very difficult so show that the alcohol in her system was, beyond reasonable doubt, present in her system at the time.
Drink driving verdict on 23:17 - Oct 11 with 3053 viewsronnyd

Drink driving verdict on 23:12 - Oct 11 by ZXBlue

The fact that they only got to her an hour afterwards, makes it very difficult so show that the alcohol in her system was, beyond reasonable doubt, present in her system at the time.

Would like to think that she is now a very marked woman.
Drink driving verdict on 23:28 - Oct 11 with 3038 viewsLord_Lucan

Exactly, it would end up as a reverse / back / forward calculation, I don't think I have ever heard anything so stoopid.

I think though we should give the poor lass the benefit of the doubt. I mean, she just doesn't look the type.

[Post edited 11 Oct 2021 23:32]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Drink driving verdict on 00:23 - Oct 12 with 2954 viewsfactual_blue

Drink driving verdict on 23:17 - Oct 11 by ronnyd

Would like to think that she is now a very marked woman.

...and that if she's a proper accountant with one of the accountancy boards, they'll discipline her.

Not sure her employers will be over-impressed either.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Drink driving verdict on 05:50 - Oct 12 with 2824 viewsleftback

Maybe she’s telling the truth?😇
Login to get fewer ads

Drink driving verdict on 06:29 - Oct 12 with 2775 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Must happen all the time surely?
Drink driving verdict on 06:48 - Oct 12 with 2742 viewssolomon

why Didn’t the other driver call the police immediately when he smelt alcohol on her or noticed she was slurring? Have I missed something in the story?
Drink driving verdict on 08:29 - Oct 12 with 2606 viewsBlueBadger

Drink driving verdict on 06:48 - Oct 12 by solomon

why Didn’t the other driver call the police immediately when he smelt alcohol on her or noticed she was slurring? Have I missed something in the story?

They had been called. She'd already done a runner.

'Kelsey Ridings, 26, crashed her Mercedes sports car with four children inside into another car but left the scene before police could attend the collision, after exchanging details with the other driver.'

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Drink driving verdict on 08:39 - Oct 12 with 2582 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I'm sure someone like Sean Lock did this as a comedy routine. Never thought it would actually work!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Drink driving verdict on 09:17 - Oct 12 with 2482 viewsGuthrum

Drink driving verdict on 23:05 - Oct 11 by north_stand77

Too many variables, rates of metabolisation will vary from person to person and with conditions such as how much she'd eaten, how much she drinks normally, speed of consumption, time of day and so on.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Drink driving verdict on 09:24 - Oct 12 with 2468 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s a standard hip flask defence. The oldest trick in the book. The back calculations are usually sufficient for a prosecution, especially when you’ve got eye witness evidence of bad driving, her acting irrationally and slurring her words.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Drink driving verdict on 09:29 - Oct 12 with 2443 viewsBluefish

Not the major point here but is a C250 really a sports car?

She is a scumbag and will definitely do it again

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Drink driving verdict on 09:42 - Oct 12 with 2417 viewsBlueBadger

Drink driving verdict on 09:24 - Oct 12 by Swansea_Blue

It’s a standard hip flask defence. The oldest trick in the book. The back calculations are usually sufficient for a prosecution, especially when you’ve got eye witness evidence of bad driving, her acting irrationally and slurring her words.

James Norwood is currently busy sacking his solicitor and trying to find out who hers is.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Drink driving verdict on 09:51 - Oct 12 with 2385 viewsGuthrum

Drink driving verdict on 09:24 - Oct 12 by Swansea_Blue

Tho in this case she has a friend who was prepared to testify her account is correct. Whether true or not, it adds weight to the defence.

Drink driving verdict on 09:53 - Oct 12 with 2361 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Drink driving verdict on 09:51 - Oct 12 by Guthrum

Tho in this case she has a friend who was prepared to testify her account is correct. Whether true or not, it adds weight to the defence.

Surely the other driver's testimony adds more weight than her mate backing her up?

Drink driving verdict on 09:59 - Oct 12 with 2355 viewsGuthrum

Drink driving verdict on 09:53 - Oct 12 by The_Flashing_Smile

Surely the other driver's testimony adds more weight than her mate backing her up?

The other driver's testimony suggests she might have had something to drink - but is not conclusive about how much and if still legal. Whereas the friend's one purports to explain why she was so massively over the limit when tested an hour later.

Drink driving verdict on 10:05 - Oct 12 with 2336 viewsSwansea_Blue

Drink driving verdict on 09:51 - Oct 12 by Guthrum

Must have made a difference. Without knowing all the ins and outs it looks a simple open and shut case to me, and I imagine most of these would end up in convictions. I'm aware of two hip flask defences that people have tried and both failed easily (thankfully). Both prosecution cases were based around back calculations.

There is also the chance she is telling the truth I suppose, however unlikely that seems. Presumed innocent until proven, etc.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Drink driving verdict on 10:09 - Oct 12 with 2318 viewschicoazul

Would smash.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Drink driving verdict on 10:13 - Oct 12 with 2299 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Drink driving verdict on 09:59 - Oct 12 by Guthrum

The other driver's testimony suggests she might have had something to drink - but is not conclusive about how much and if still legal. Whereas the friend's one purports to explain why she was so massively over the limit when tested an hour later.

I'd have thought if you're slurring you're over.

Drink driving verdict on 10:27 - Oct 12 with 2254 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Drink driving verdict on 10:09 - Oct 12 by chicoazul

Would smash.

Even with those carp like lips?

No thanks. (unless it was from behind perhaps)
Drink driving verdict on 10:29 - Oct 12 with 2251 viewsN2_Blue

Would they have been able to have traced (at least some of) her movements in the hours up to the crash through phone location/CCTV/traffic cams etc.

Is this permissiable?

Surely traffic cams could indicate how she may have been driving and CCTV how she appeared to be behaving which could all help indicate what she may have been doing and if it was feasible or not for her to have drunk beforehand. If she is guilty she drank that alcohol beforehand somewhere but it could just be at home of course.

I assume nothing could be taken from this or was not actual evidence but may or not collaborate her story. However didn't prosecution state she was all over the place in accounts she gave. I also think someone innocent but with a bit of remorse for the situation would not celebrate like she is showing. Very poor taste and seems like she knows she got away with it!

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Drink driving verdict on 10:34 - Oct 12 with 2238 viewsWeWereZombies

Drink driving verdict on 10:13 - Oct 12 by The_Flashing_Smile

I'd have thought if you're slurring you're over.

It isn't just drinking to excess that gives you slurred speech:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/dysarthria/symptoms-causes/syc-20

Although conditions such as head injury, as I know to my cost, can lead you to have your driving licence revoked for a while (and I never had slurred speech as a result of it either). Still, a day after a paraplegic was dragged from his car in the United States, you may want to consider your post.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/inf1883-car-or-motorcycle-drivers-who

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024