Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lord Frost blaming EU for post brexit problems in Northern Ireland 15:46 - Oct 12 with 3696 viewsnoggin

or am I misunderstanding his speech?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Lord Frost blaming EU for post brexit problems in Northern Ireland on 13:25 - Oct 13 with 331 viewsleitrimblue

Lord Frost blaming EU for post brexit problems in Northern Ireland on 13:05 - Oct 13 by chicoazul

Brexit: EU to offer fewer Northern Ireland border checks on British goods https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-58871221

But….but…..but…..TWTD said….

Pretty sure Frost will just bank this an then move the goalposts again. Demand more from the EU and then blame them for any problems and repeat. The Tories have never at any point had a plan for the North but still refuse to accept any responsibility for their feck up
Lord Frost blaming EU for post brexit problems in Northern Ireland on 13:33 - Oct 13 with 324 viewsCotty

Lord Frost blaming EU for post brexit problems in Northern Ireland on 21:12 - Oct 12 by WicklowBlue

It's terrible isn't it? Even with a customs border down the Irish sea (which the Unionists object to, but the other option is a land border between NI and ROI which is against the GFA) surely some sense can prevail or solutions found?

Being Irish born and bred with my parents meeting each other and living in Ipswich for many years before relocating to Ireland. It's ridiculous how our powers that be keep putting barriers between us. Obviously there are more extremist views on both sides...
[Post edited 12 Oct 2021 21:22]

We had a solution. It took a long time to work one out, and then it was ditched. The people in charge don't care about NI.
Lord Frost blaming EU for post brexit problems in Northern Ireland on 16:26 - Oct 13 with 248 viewsEireannach_gorm

Lord Frost blaming EU for post brexit problems in Northern Ireland on 18:39 - Oct 12 by giant_stow

almost certainly, but I'm not sure principled intransigence on holding unhappy agreement partners to something they got talked into is going to help resolve anything.

NI voted against Brexit so the Unionists have unhappy partners who were forced into an agreement.

https://theconversation.com/how-northern-ireland-voted-in-the-eu-referendum-and-
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024