Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Police retreating from Hungary yobbos 20:41 - Oct 12 with 4119 viewsGlasgowBlue

If this fixture was played in Hungary, the police would kick the utter sh1t out of our hoolies.

Is this good or bad?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 20:51 - Oct 12 with 3065 viewsZXBlue

Looked like a lack of numbers to me. Combined, one suspects, with the knowledge that cameras will pick ou the perpetrators and they can lift them separately and more safely in due course.
Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 21:14 - Oct 12 with 2956 viewsGlasgowBlue

Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 20:51 - Oct 12 by ZXBlue

Looked like a lack of numbers to me. Combined, one suspects, with the knowledge that cameras will pick ou the perpetrators and they can lift them separately and more safely in due course.

Plod looked a bit lightweight with the batons though. Eastern European police put a bit more effort into giving a good beating.

Iron Lion Zion

Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 21:58 - Oct 12 with 2762 viewsPlums

I suspect the fella in the brown jumper will be getting an early knock.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 22:00 - Oct 12 with 2746 viewsOldboy

Total scum. Hopefully they will pick them up on their way out. A waste of good oxygen the lot of them.
Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 22:06 - Oct 12 with 2715 viewsronnyd

Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 22:00 - Oct 12 by Oldboy

Total scum. Hopefully they will pick them up on their way out. A waste of good oxygen the lot of them.

From match commentary it seems a Hungary supporter racially abused a steward and others kicked off when the police moved in to detain him.
Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 22:06 - Oct 12 with 2713 viewsXYZ

Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 21:14 - Oct 12 by GlasgowBlue

Plod looked a bit lightweight with the batons though. Eastern European police put a bit more effort into giving a good beating.

Johnson's following Hungary's lead in various other ways, so no doubt Patel will get a call in the morning.
Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 22:35 - Oct 12 with 2589 viewsBlueBadger

Someone should have told them that there was some women and black people in the Hungary mob.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 22:35 - Oct 12 with 2588 viewsbluelagos

Sure the bloke in green jumper would expect a knock on the door normally. But they'll be on planes home tomorrow so police will need to act quickly if they are to arrest him.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Login to get fewer ads

Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 22:38 - Oct 12 with 2569 viewsclive_baker

Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 22:35 - Oct 12 by bluelagos

Sure the bloke in green jumper would expect a knock on the door normally. But they'll be on planes home tomorrow so police will need to act quickly if they are to arrest him.

I read earlier the c.1000 strong away support was wholly made up of UK based Hungarians.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 22:40 - Oct 12 with 2547 viewsGlasgowBlue

Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 22:35 - Oct 12 by BlueBadger

Someone should have told them that there was some women and black people in the Hungary mob.

As Meatloaf once said, You took the words right out of my mouth.

Iron Lion Zion

Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 00:43 - Oct 13 with 2327 viewsSwansea_Blue

Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 22:06 - Oct 12 by XYZ

Johnson's following Hungary's lead in various other ways, so no doubt Patel will get a call in the morning.

Yeah, there are similarities even if Orban is a full blown fascist and we’re not quite there yet. They seem to be mutual admirers and you can see why.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 01:11 - Oct 13 with 2313 viewsDinDjarin

Was at the game and was a lot of Polish colours on display who seem to be getting a lot of the blame.
Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 05:49 - Oct 13 with 2208 viewssolomon

Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 21:14 - Oct 12 by GlasgowBlue

Bit of a wake up call for the police and more importantly FIFA, these so called fans seem to be completely unfazed by the attendance of the police and are dedicated to disrupt at will.
Police should have had pepper spray to immobilise the trouble makers as batons are frankly useless when you’re being charged at by superior numbers. Was embarrassing to watch.
Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 08:11 - Oct 13 with 1991 viewstivo

Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 01:11 - Oct 13 by DinDjarin

Was at the game and was a lot of Polish colours on display who seem to be getting a lot of the blame.

Yeah you can see on some of the footage people with Polish gear on. Strange
Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 08:29 - Oct 13 with 1947 viewsblu_dru

Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 05:49 - Oct 13 by solomon

Bit of a wake up call for the police and more importantly FIFA, these so called fans seem to be completely unfazed by the attendance of the police and are dedicated to disrupt at will.
Police should have had pepper spray to immobilise the trouble makers as batons are frankly useless when you’re being charged at by superior numbers. Was embarrassing to watch.

Would they deploy pepper spray in an enclosed (ish) area full of people though? Every chance it goes in the eyes of innocents? I think they retreated because there was little room to effectively engage the aggressors (from the footage i saw) and would get them on the way out as others suggest?
Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 09:01 - Oct 13 with 1850 viewsBluefish

Is this the Lidl version of Hungry Hippos?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 09:25 - Oct 13 with 1806 viewsRyorry

Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 22:35 - Oct 12 by bluelagos

According to the BBCR5l comm, the Hungarian fans were all UK based owing to restrictions preventing overseas fans from travelling to Wemburley. Also said that the incident kicked off due to one of the Hungary fans racially abusing a steward, just to confirm someone else's comment.

I particularly hope brown coat gets ID'd & taken through courts.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 09:38 - Oct 13 with 1763 viewsblu_dru

Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 05:49 - Oct 13 by solomon

Alternatively they could have given out Snickers bars..
Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 10:06 - Oct 13 with 1687 viewstextbackup

Them coppers will be back to bullying 18 year olds on Saturday for drinking on a coach to an away day.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 10:13 - Oct 13 with 1662 viewsglasso

I'm always wary of saying Police should be given the power to go in all guns blazing, because it opens the door to the (albeit minor) 'bad apple' element of any force.

But I thought the Police in Germany had it right when I went there for a Dortmund game. They stood by and watched as people who were so pissed they had to be carried into the ground by their mates went by, but they were head to toe in riot gear and not up for a friendly chat.

They weren't wasting their time on peaceful people but you were in no doubt that if you kicked off in any way, you'd end up in a cell or a hospital bed.
Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 10:17 - Oct 13 with 1653 viewsElderGrizzly

Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 08:29 - Oct 13 by blu_dru

Would they deploy pepper spray in an enclosed (ish) area full of people though? Every chance it goes in the eyes of innocents? I think they retreated because there was little room to effectively engage the aggressors (from the footage i saw) and would get them on the way out as others suggest?

Especially with recent criticism of being too heavy handed in certain situations.

The Police can’t win here, but the decision to ‘retreat’ is policy until back-up arrives.
Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 11:54 - Oct 13 with 1496 viewsblu_dru

Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 10:13 - Oct 13 by glasso

I'm always wary of saying Police should be given the power to go in all guns blazing, because it opens the door to the (albeit minor) 'bad apple' element of any force.

But I thought the Police in Germany had it right when I went there for a Dortmund game. They stood by and watched as people who were so pissed they had to be carried into the ground by their mates went by, but they were head to toe in riot gear and not up for a friendly chat.

They weren't wasting their time on peaceful people but you were in no doubt that if you kicked off in any way, you'd end up in a cell or a hospital bed.

But then people moan that police are too scary and not approachable... they cant win whatever they do
Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 12:09 - Oct 13 with 1459 viewsbluelagos

Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 09:25 - Oct 13 by Ryorry

According to the BBCR5l comm, the Hungarian fans were all UK based owing to restrictions preventing overseas fans from travelling to Wemburley. Also said that the incident kicked off due to one of the Hungary fans racially abusing a steward, just to confirm someone else's comment.

I particularly hope brown coat gets ID'd & taken through courts.

If those guys are UK based then I'd expect in the coming weeks to hear of further arrests. Plenty of evidence of violence from various phones/tv pics and am sure the police will follow up, not least as some of their own were on the receiving end.

Not sure why people think there are travel restrictions given Hungary isn't a red list country.

Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 12:23 - Oct 13 with 1417 viewsRyorry

Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 12:09 - Oct 13 by bluelagos

If those guys are UK based then I'd expect in the coming weeks to hear of further arrests. Plenty of evidence of violence from various phones/tv pics and am sure the police will follow up, not least as some of their own were on the receiving end.

Not sure why people think there are travel restrictions given Hungary isn't a red list country.

That's what I thought re travel, but could only go by what R5l said.

Maybe the restrictions were FIFA's, penalty imposed for Hungarian fans' behaviour at their manor?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 12:37 - Oct 13 with 1364 viewsbluelagos

Police retreating from Hungary yobbos on 11:54 - Oct 13 by blu_dru

But then people moan that police are too scary and not approachable... they cant win whatever they do

There's defo a "damned if they do, damned if they don't" aspect to policing. But for me, collecting evidence and arresting/charging miscreants is preferable to simply wading in, cracking heads and inevitably cracking heads of some innocent bystanders.

Have seen the Carabinieri and CRS (Italian and French) up close and they are basically thugs in uniforms from what I saw. Appreciate some would like to see similar from our police, but I think they generally have a far more appropriate and proportionate way of policing.

I'd rather see thugs (Hungarian or British) prosecuted than whacked on the head. That way you get to (if appropriate) place banning orders on them too. Less innocent people caught up and appropriate punishments.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024