Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? 13:22 - Oct 13 with 5360 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Random question, I know, and it’s not really a big deal.

But we seem to play the song a lot, before kick off and after the game if we win. When did this start? I definitely don’t remember us doing it a few years ago?

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 17:41 - Oct 13 with 1014 viewsBobbychase

Can't stand the song, but on the other hand the atmosphere has been pretty good at PR this season so why not.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 17:58 - Oct 13 with 995 viewsBlue_Order

I also hate it. We’re mid-way through a celebratory song and they kill it off by playing that shïte.
What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 18:19 - Oct 13 with 975 viewsPinewoodblue

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 17:58 - Oct 13 by Blue_Order

I also hate it. We’re mid-way through a celebratory song and they kill it off by playing that shïte.

We need Ed to write us an original, although I’m not sure he can write a simple 4 line song.

We ought to be able to work something out of Belinda Carlisle’s Heaven is a place on Earth.

The simple ending is perfect just swop ooh with bkue and keep repeating

Blue Heaven is a place ion earth

Blue heaven is a place on earth.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 18:24 - Oct 13 with 966 viewsyesjohn99

The songs to sing at the end of a game are simply singing the blues or Edward Ebeneezer.
What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 18:37 - Oct 13 with 950 viewsdominiciawful

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 18:19 - Oct 13 by Pinewoodblue

We need Ed to write us an original, although I’m not sure he can write a simple 4 line song.

We ought to be able to work something out of Belinda Carlisle’s Heaven is a place on Earth.

The simple ending is perfect just swop ooh with bkue and keep repeating

Blue Heaven is a place ion earth

Blue heaven is a place on earth.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 18:57 - Oct 13 with 924 viewsITFC_Forever

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 17:35 - Oct 13 by textbackup

hes awful compared to anyone! absolutely utterly dogsht

Wayne Bavin?
Dave Richardson in the mid-90s before Rob did it?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 19:37 - Oct 13 with 879 viewsParky

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 13:41 - Oct 13 by SitfcB

The story of the blues should be played after a win.

Or One Step Beyond
What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 19:58 - Oct 13 with 873 viewsReuser_is_God

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 18:57 - Oct 13 by ITFC_Forever

Wayne Bavin?

Wayne Bavin was horrendous the games he filled in.

We really were spoiled with Chandler.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 20:17 - Oct 13 with 848 viewsThe_Major

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 18:57 - Oct 13 by ITFC_Forever

Wayne Bavin?

DJ Dave, eh?

Glad I wasn't the one who wrote a piece in TWTD criticising him back in the day that caused him to threaten to sue Phil.

Hot in here, isn't it?
What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 20:49 - Oct 13 with 826 viewsSitfcB

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 15:34 - Oct 13 by ITFC_Forever

We jumped on the bandwagon relatively early after the 2018 World Cup I think - we just didn't win often enough to notice, but well and truly gone for it it this season.

I hate it too - nothing to do with ITFC.

And as for Foz, nice guy I'm sure - but he's awful compared to Rob Chandler.

It was played in the fanzone for the World Cup games in 2018.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 20:49 - Oct 13 with 826 viewsSitfcB

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 16:23 - Oct 13 by strikalite

Sitters, when they bang out singing the blues pre match(cringe)have they changed the words from "when Norwich lose" to "when others lose"?

It’s always been when others lose hasn’t it? The fans just changed it?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 22:37 - Oct 13 with 783 viewsBonchosBicycle

Living in New England it just reminds me of the Red Sox who have used it for ages.

I'd really like us to use something more original.
What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 23:24 - Oct 13 with 762 viewsTangledupin_Blue

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 17:30 - Oct 13 by Radlett_blue

Or "Forever in Blue Jeans"?

Took me years to realise he wasn't singing about "The Reverend blue-jeans".

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 09:00 - Oct 14 with 675 viewsSamWhiteUK

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 14:55 - Oct 13 by abracaDOBRA_

I went for all of the lights, cant believe the one used now was the top voted, its sh1te!

All of the lights would have been SO much better
What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 09:14 - Oct 14 with 668 viewsWickets

Well i fooking luv it .
What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 09:58 - Oct 14 with 636 viewsSamWhiteUK

On the topic of music, I think All of the Lights should be adopted for Tuesday night games. Imagine PR under the lights, music starts playing, all the fans can get their torches out on their phones while the teams walk out. Would be epic.
What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 10:48 - Oct 14 with 603 viewsBlue_Order

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 09:58 - Oct 14 by SamWhiteUK

On the topic of music, I think All of the Lights should be adopted for Tuesday night games. Imagine PR under the lights, music starts playing, all the fans can get their torches out on their phones while the teams walk out. Would be epic.

That sounds like my own personal hell if I’m honest mate.
What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 10:56 - Oct 14 with 596 viewsSamWhiteUK

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 10:48 - Oct 14 by Blue_Order

That sounds like my own personal hell if I’m honest mate.

I can't count on you to put the idea forward then Fair enough, each to their own
What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 11:12 - Oct 14 with 580 viewsBlue_Order

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 10:56 - Oct 14 by SamWhiteUK

I can't count on you to put the idea forward then Fair enough, each to their own

Swap the phone lights for flares and we’ll talk
What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 11:27 - Oct 14 with 574 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

It is strange that the club just seem to be running with it, it has two be one of the most annoying songs ever.

Im not sure what sort of dialogue you have with the club, but if you ever get the chance, show them this thread and end the Neil Diamond infused hell we have.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 11:31 - Oct 14 with 566 viewsRadlett_blue

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 11:27 - Oct 14 by TRUE_BLUE123

It is strange that the club just seem to be running with it, it has two be one of the most annoying songs ever.

Im not sure what sort of dialogue you have with the club, but if you ever get the chance, show them this thread and end the Neil Diamond infused hell we have.

Hmm...times move on. I remember the debate about "goal music". I suppose this is all the American influence coming into British sport as they try to improve the "match day experience".
I preferred it when the teams came out 5 minutes before kick off & jogged around a bit while the captains tossed up. No flag waving, ludicrous "pre match handshakes" , or hysterical team announcements. An old boy would walk around with a blackboard with the team changes on it.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 11:42 - Oct 14 with 546 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 11:31 - Oct 14 by Radlett_blue

Hmm...times move on. I remember the debate about "goal music". I suppose this is all the American influence coming into British sport as they try to improve the "match day experience".
I preferred it when the teams came out 5 minutes before kick off & jogged around a bit while the captains tossed up. No flag waving, ludicrous "pre match handshakes" , or hysterical team announcements. An old boy would walk around with a blackboard with the team changes on it.

Agree very strongly with regards to pre match handshakes.

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 11:42 - Oct 14 with 547 viewsSE1blue

It’ll eventually go the way of Chelsea Dagger (another song football ruined) and disappear/become much less played.

I heard the FA pushed it as it unites people and with potential divisions between supporters of different clubs, ongoing issues of racism etc., it was deemed a good option.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 12:21 - Oct 14 with 521 viewsVaughan8

Absolutely terrible. No reason to have it. Its got nothing to do with Ipswich.

Its actually a bit embarrassing and as people have said its just "caught on" from the England stuff.

How do we get this changed? haha
What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 12:44 - Oct 14 with 494 viewsBlue_Order

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 11:27 - Oct 14 by TRUE_BLUE123

Put it this way - if we asked them to stop playing it, they’d probably turn it up instead.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024