Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? 13:22 - Oct 13 with 5288 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Random question, I know, and it’s not really a big deal.

But we seem to play the song a lot, before kick off and after the game if we win. When did this start? I definitely don’t remember us doing it a few years ago?

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 13:25 - Oct 13 with 3607 viewsReuser_is_God

They're just jumping on the band wagon.

I hate it but still can resist joining in!

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 13:26 - Oct 13 with 3591 viewstractordownsouth

I can't stand the song personally.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 13:29 - Oct 13 with 3577 viewsFixed_It

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 13:25 - Oct 13 by Reuser_is_God

Euros innit.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 13:40 - Oct 13 with 3516 viewsStu_Magoo

I wish it would stop.
What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 13:40 - Oct 13 with 3519 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 13:25 - Oct 13 by Reuser_is_God

I hate it as well, but as you say hard not to get dragged in when we win.

Just seems bizzare as it’s so generic, would much rather a loud rendition of Edward Ebeneezer after a win

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 13:41 - Oct 13 with 3512 viewsSitfcB

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 13:40 - Oct 13 by TRUE_BLUE123

I hate it as well, but as you say hard not to get dragged in when we win.

Just seems bizzare as it’s so generic, would much rather a loud rendition of Edward Ebeneezer after a win

The story of the blues should be played after a win.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 13:54 - Oct 13 with 3480 viewsIllinoisblue

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 13:41 - Oct 13 by SitfcB

The story of the blues should be played after a win.

Exactly this

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 13:58 - Oct 13 with 3451 viewsyesjohn99

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 13:54 - Oct 13 by Illinoisblue

Exactly this

Mighty Wah were from Liverpool so every chance!
Login to get fewer ads

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 13:58 - Oct 13 with 3451 viewsMeadowlark

It is a bit naff innit?

Is it anything to do with Foz taking over the PA?
What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 13:58 - Oct 13 with 3449 viewsChurchman

For some reason it’s popular at all sort of events at the moment. Not a favourite of mine. It’s one of those tunes that when you hear it, you’re singing it your head for hours afterwards.
What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 14:02 - Oct 13 with 3410 viewsOldboy

Don't fight it. Just sing along like most of us. You never know, you might actually enjoy yourself.
What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 14:09 - Oct 13 with 3388 viewsMillsTash

Fans voted for a selection of pre match songs during pre season.
What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 14:14 - Oct 13 with 3370 viewsabracaDOBRA_

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 14:09 - Oct 13 by MillsTash

Fans voted for a selection of pre match songs during pre season.

Its post match isnt it? Vote was only for walkout i thought
What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 14:53 - Oct 13 with 3266 viewsSitfcB

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 14:14 - Oct 13 by abracaDOBRA_

Its post match isnt it? Vote was only for walkout i thought

Goal music, pre-match and post match.

I don’t think the true results were used haha.

Sweet Caroline is played pre-match but before the pre-match one that was voted for, Hey Jude.

Then played at FT after a win aswell, like RIG said some people don’t like It but can’t help joining in ha.

COYB

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 14:55 - Oct 13 with 3255 viewsabracaDOBRA_

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 14:53 - Oct 13 by SitfcB

Goal music, pre-match and post match.

I don’t think the true results were used haha.

Sweet Caroline is played pre-match but before the pre-match one that was voted for, Hey Jude.

Then played at FT after a win aswell, like RIG said some people don’t like It but can’t help joining in ha.

I went for all of the lights, cant believe the one used now was the top voted, its sh1te!
What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 15:13 - Oct 13 with 3175 viewstextbackup

England done it, itfc think they need to follow and don't think of anything original themselves. much like any chant we have

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 15:19 - Oct 13 with 3141 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s a no from me too. Not particularly a fan of the song, it’s unoriginal and has nowt to do with us.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 15:34 - Oct 13 with 3103 viewsITFC_Forever

We jumped on the bandwagon relatively early after the 2018 World Cup I think - we just didn't win often enough to notice, but well and truly gone for it it this season.

I hate it too - nothing to do with ITFC.

And as for Foz, nice guy I'm sure - but he's awful compared to Rob Chandler.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 15:46 - Oct 13 with 3065 viewsxrayspecs

It has been adopted by a lot of sports in recent years, it originated in the US.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/uk-sports/2021/07/08/where-it-began--the-or

Northern Ireland fans have sung it for quite a while, long before it was adopted by England. It also features at the cricket, as well as other sports, its a proper rabble rouser.

[Post edited 13 Oct 2021 15:49]
What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 16:12 - Oct 13 with 3010 viewsSitfcB

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 14:55 - Oct 13 by abracaDOBRA_

I went for all of the lights, cant believe the one used now was the top voted, its sh1te!

Me and everyone else I know went for that aswell.

Not that we can hear it in SBRL, section 5

COYB

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 16:23 - Oct 13 with 2962 viewsstrikalite

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 16:12 - Oct 13 by SitfcB

Me and everyone else I know went for that aswell.

Not that we can hear it in SBRL, section 5

Sitters, when they bang out singing the blues pre match(cringe)have they changed the words from "when Norwich lose" to "when others lose"?
What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 16:24 - Oct 13 with 2955 viewswkj

Ipswich Fans have never enjoyed being original.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 16:30 - Oct 13 with 2945 viewsjaykay

if we going to sing a neil diamond song it should be ' song sung blue '

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 17:30 - Oct 13 with 2840 viewsRadlett_blue

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 16:30 - Oct 13 by jaykay

if we going to sing a neil diamond song it should be ' song sung blue '

Or "Forever in Blue Jeans"?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 17:35 - Oct 13 with 2821 viewstextbackup

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 15:34 - Oct 13 by ITFC_Forever

We jumped on the bandwagon relatively early after the 2018 World Cup I think - we just didn't win often enough to notice, but well and truly gone for it it this season.

I hate it too - nothing to do with ITFC.

And as for Foz, nice guy I'm sure - but he's awful compared to Rob Chandler.

hes awful compared to anyone! absolutely utterly dogsht

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024