Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did I hear on one of the pods that 16:28 - Oct 13 with 5054 views_sanctimoanious_

Burgess and Edmundson are not really an upgrade on Toto and Woolfenden?

Really?
Did I hear on one of the pods that on 22:31 - Oct 14 with 597 viewsHighgateBlue

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 13:22 - Oct 14 by jayessess

I don't think there's a lot between them really.

I think we've got a tendency to regard any pre-takeover players as inherently inferior, but I'd struggle to tell you a performance we've had out of Ed/Burgess that I've not seen from Toto or Woolf. Not sure I could point to any particular attribute where the new lads are clearly superior either.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2021 13:28]

Quite. Hopefully our new guys will prove an upgrade over time, but right now there's not enough evidence to conclude they are. Certainly not when compared to Wilson, who was player of the year in a tight defence with us, and is now top of the flipping table having been dumped by Cook for reasons that are well beyond the likes of me...
Did I hear on one of the pods that on 22:38 - Oct 14 with 595 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 22:31 - Oct 14 by HighgateBlue

Quite. Hopefully our new guys will prove an upgrade over time, but right now there's not enough evidence to conclude they are. Certainly not when compared to Wilson, who was player of the year in a tight defence with us, and is now top of the flipping table having been dumped by Cook for reasons that are well beyond the likes of me...

There's not enough evidence to conclude they're not, either...

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 09:33 - Oct 15 with 522 viewsMaySixth

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 16:30 - Oct 13 by monty_radio

Until Burgess stops giving away the ball so often I think judgement should be held in abeyance.

wow

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 09:44 - Oct 15 with 516 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 18:12 - Oct 14 by The_Flashing_Smile

This just simply isn't true.

Some people never took to Wilson merely because he was on a free from another League 1 team, but while he was a fairly basic defender he actually did the basics pretty well. The stats bear this out as well - he was consistently one of our more accurate passers, for example.

Still, some people see what they want to see.

FWIW, i actually really liked Wilson and i cannot believe we let him go so it's not about me not taking to him. Thought he was the one we should keep out of all the options we had but for some reason we didn't. He was great alongside Woolf, but he did seem to shank more than a fair few out of play during last season. If the stats bear otherwise, fair enough.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 09:48 - Oct 15 with 505 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 09:44 - Oct 15 by JammyDodgerrr

FWIW, i actually really liked Wilson and i cannot believe we let him go so it's not about me not taking to him. Thought he was the one we should keep out of all the options we had but for some reason we didn't. He was great alongside Woolf, but he did seem to shank more than a fair few out of play during last season. If the stats bear otherwise, fair enough.

You said "lumping it out of play every time." Seems odd that you really like him and wanted to keep him if that's the case.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 09:58 - Oct 15 with 494 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 09:48 - Oct 15 by The_Flashing_Smile

You said "lumping it out of play every time." Seems odd that you really like him and wanted to keep him if that's the case.

I wanted him for his ability to defend, not his ability to pass a ball.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 23:21 - Oct 15 with 434 viewsSkip_Intro

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 22:18 - Oct 13 by Simonds92

Think that last bit is spot on re Woolfenden being a ball playing cb. I just don't think he's very good at all the things he needs to be good at. People thought he was going to be a fantastic championship player but the reality of him is he's an ok league 1 defender when playing with better players. Put him in a struggling team, and his lack of positional sense and bravery will be highlighted further.

Spot on...
Did I hear on one of the pods that on 10:02 - Oct 16 with 369 viewsKeaneish

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 09:44 - Oct 15 by JammyDodgerrr

“Great”? It seems some point to a few clean sheets as testament to his ability but what about the horrendous results conceding 5 to Lincoln and 4 at home to Peterborough games in which he was poor.

I’m glad we’ve moved anything associated with Lambert out of the building. A fresh start in every sense of the word has been good for this club.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024