Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did I hear on one of the pods that 16:28 - Oct 13 with 5035 views_sanctimoanious_

Burgess and Edmundson are not really an upgrade on Toto and Woolfenden?

Really?
Did I hear on one of the pods that on 16:30 - Oct 13 with 2749 viewsmonty_radio

Until Burgess stops giving away the ball so often I think judgement should be held in abeyance.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 16:38 - Oct 13 with 2699 viewsSimonds92

I think the biggest question is are they an upgrade on James Wilson both as a defender and with the ball at their feet, i think the answer is no to be honest in both aspects.
Did I hear on one of the pods that on 16:45 - Oct 13 with 2660 viewsMediocre_Quick

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 16:38 - Oct 13 by Simonds92

I think the biggest question is are they an upgrade on James Wilson both as a defender and with the ball at their feet, i think the answer is no to be honest in both aspects.

If Wilson was so good, why was he released by us, Lincoln before that?
Did I hear on one of the pods that on 16:48 - Oct 13 with 2643 viewslongtimefan

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 16:45 - Oct 13 by Mediocre_Quick

If Wilson was so good, why was he released by us, Lincoln before that?

Yeah. It’s not like he’s playing for a team at the top of our league or anything is it !
Did I hear on one of the pods that on 16:48 - Oct 13 with 2639 views_sanctimoanious_

This is the madness of football fans. Wilson had a few solid performances in a poor side and is now elevated to ridiculous levels. After a handful of performances you could argue they have not yet surpassed the highlights of a Wilson, Woolf or Toto in a town shirt but surely any idiot can see the bar is much, much higher for Edmundson and Burgess?
Did I hear on one of the pods that on 16:50 - Oct 13 with 2623 viewsSwansea_Blue

Mick Mills thinks we haven’t strengthened and are probably weaker at the back this year. He wasn’t too shabby a defender so probably has a point.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 16:52 - Oct 13 with 2607 views_sanctimoanious_

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 16:50 - Oct 13 by Swansea_Blue

Mick Mills thinks we haven’t strengthened and are probably weaker at the back this year. He wasn’t too shabby a defender so probably has a point.

no, he is wrong. How can he argue this? with the exception of right back.
Did I hear on one of the pods that on 16:52 - Oct 13 with 2602 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Nsiala and Woolf had a pretty good record didnt they?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 16:54 - Oct 13 with 2584 views_sanctimoanious_

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 16:52 - Oct 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

Nsiala and Woolf had a pretty good record didnt they?

It's not as simple as that. They were in a one dimension, passive team that showed little intent on attack.
Did I hear on one of the pods that on 16:56 - Oct 13 with 2567 viewsblueislander

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 16:52 - Oct 13 by _sanctimoanious_

What have Edmundson and Burgess shown that makes them so superior.? Of the four Woolfenden is by far the best footballer.
Did I hear on one of the pods that on 16:58 - Oct 13 with 2549 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 16:52 - Oct 13 by _sanctimoanious_

You are living up to your username ;-)

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 16:59 - Oct 13 with 2544 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 16:56 - Oct 13 by blueislander

What have Edmundson and Burgess shown that makes them so superior.? Of the four Woolfenden is by far the best footballer.

That was part of what they were saying. Woolf has the ability to bring it out of defence.

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 17:02 - Oct 13 with 2522 views_sanctimoanious_

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 16:59 - Oct 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

That was part of what they were saying. Woolf has the ability to bring it out of defence.

Ok I can kind of accept that for now but I do think that is somewhat exaggerated with Woolfy and tends to play himself into danger more often than not. If he was signed from Accy he would not get as much love.
Did I hear on one of the pods that on 17:03 - Oct 13 with 2517 viewspositivity

i think the main issue with wilson was his injury record (only available for 50% of the games last year) and his age

he's played 75% of the games for plymouth, which shows he's improved so far, but still not ideal.

i think toto and woolf will have their moments, but edmundson in particular is showing his promise. also remember they're relatively new to the side, how did wilson look in his first few games?

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 17:03 - Oct 13 with 2516 viewschicoazul

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 16:59 - Oct 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

He also can’t head intercept or tackle and had Toto or Wilson doing all that stuff for him.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 17:10 - Oct 13 with 2494 viewsWilbrahamBlue

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 16:50 - Oct 13 by Swansea_Blue

" Mick Mills thinks......."

its still 1981?

How have we got to a place where we are nostalgic for James WIlson?
[Post edited 13 Oct 2021 17:12]
Did I hear on one of the pods that on 17:12 - Oct 13 with 2467 viewsHerbivore

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 17:03 - Oct 13 by chicoazul

He also can’t head intercept or tackle and had Toto or Wilson doing all that stuff for him.

That's just nonsense, Chickers.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 17:14 - Oct 13 with 2457 viewsquad

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 17:03 - Oct 13 by positivity

i think the main issue with wilson was his injury record (only available for 50% of the games last year) and his age

he's played 75% of the games for plymouth, which shows he's improved so far, but still not ideal.

i think toto and woolf will have their moments, but edmundson in particular is showing his promise. also remember they're relatively new to the side, how did wilson look in his first few games?

Really? I think Burgess has shown more promise than Edmondson.
Did I hear on one of the pods that on 17:19 - Oct 13 with 2437 viewspositivity

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 17:14 - Oct 13 by quad

Really? I think Burgess has shown more promise than Edmondson.

fair enough.

in the games they've played *together*, burgess looks a bit more like he has a mistake in him, but i'm happy enough to keep them together for now

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 17:21 - Oct 13 with 2412 viewsHerbivore

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 17:19 - Oct 13 by positivity

fair enough.

in the games they've played *together*, burgess looks a bit more like he has a mistake in him, but i'm happy enough to keep them together for now

Burgess is horrible on the ball, Edmundson only slightly better. They both look like they should be decent enough defensively as they settle but they aren't going to get us playing football. I saw one poster say they very clearly have a higher ceiling than Woolf and I'm not sure I agree based on what we've seen so far.

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 17:23 - Oct 13 with 2414 viewspositivity

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 17:21 - Oct 13 by Herbivore

Burgess is horrible on the ball, Edmundson only slightly better. They both look like they should be decent enough defensively as they settle but they aren't going to get us playing football. I saw one poster say they very clearly have a higher ceiling than Woolf and I'm not sure I agree based on what we've seen so far.

from what i've seen, i'd say woolf has the higher ceiling, but burgess and edmundson look like better defenders for league one.

early days yet though

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 17:42 - Oct 13 with 2347 viewsHerbivore

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 17:23 - Oct 13 by positivity

from what i've seen, i'd say woolf has the higher ceiling, but burgess and edmundson look like better defenders for league one.

early days yet though

Part of me thinks that ultimately we'd be a more effective side with Woolf partnering one of the other two because of what he offers with the ball. Sides at this level do often have a ball playing CB in their side so it's not unheard of. I don't think it'll happen though, Cook has more faith in his new signings than in players who were here last season.

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 17:50 - Oct 13 with 2321 viewspositivity

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 17:42 - Oct 13 by Herbivore

Part of me thinks that ultimately we'd be a more effective side with Woolf partnering one of the other two because of what he offers with the ball. Sides at this level do often have a ball playing CB in their side so it's not unheard of. I don't think it'll happen though, Cook has more faith in his new signings than in players who were here last season.

we'll see, i think as the team settles into the structure we'll start to see tweaks with the likes of kvy and woolf coming in for teams where we might need to be more offensive, also harper or carroll in for evans.

i think the fact that cook kept so few of the team shows how highly he thinks of the ones he did choose to keep, so think woolf has a future here

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 17:53 - Oct 13 with 2306 viewsDJR

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 17:42 - Oct 13 by Herbivore

I agree. And it interesting to note that Woolf's calmness on the ball against Gillingham meant that we were much more able to play through the midfield, rather than the CBs just passing it sideways or hoofing it forward.
Did I hear on one of the pods that on 20:23 - Oct 13 with 2074 viewsGarv

Did I hear on one of the pods that on 16:56 - Oct 13 by blueislander

Burgess especially has shown he is a more dominant defender than we've had for a while, and he also brings a bit of balance being left footed.

Unsure on Edmundson as yet but I've a feeling he'll end up being viewed as a success.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024