Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oi Glasgow. 21:56 - Oct 13 with 1083 viewsMelford

Seen this? Official trailer out today. Looks ***king brilliant.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Oi Glasgow. on 22:09 - Oct 13 with 1023 viewsGlasgowBlue

I have indeed mate. Can’t wait.

I have a bootleg VHS of Let It Be. This new footage looks and sounds pristine.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Oi Glasgow. on 22:11 - Oct 13 with 1019 viewsLord_Lucan

Hey Melfy

I heard about this footage in a book I recently read but I can't remember what book it was.

Thinking about it can't have been any of The Fabs

It looks good man!

I had liver and pork belly last night.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Oi Glasgow. on 22:22 - Oct 13 with 982 viewsMelford

Oi Glasgow. on 22:09 - Oct 13 by GlasgowBlue

I have indeed mate. Can’t wait.

I have a bootleg VHS of Let It Be. This new footage looks and sounds pristine.

I've got a really old one, it was broadcast on the BBC in the early 80's and my dad taped it. I've got a couple of books dedicated to this period and I've had the 30 Days bootleg set for years http://www.maccafan.net/Bootlegs/ThirtyDays/Thirtydays.htm

To have all this brilliant footage that has never been seen before cleaned up an edited is a bit of a holy grail, apart from a brief VHS release the original film was never released on DVD or Blu Ray and is hard to get. To be able to see the dynamics of them in the studio, as craftsmen creating, doing the day job part of it will be really interesting.

Oi Glasgow. on 22:32 - Oct 13 with 961 viewsMelford

Oi Glasgow. on 22:11 - Oct 13 by Lord_Lucan

Hey Melfy

I heard about this footage in a book I recently read but I can't remember what book it was.

Thinking about it can't have been any of The Fabs

It looks good man!

I had liver and pork belly last night.

If you like the Beatles or just interested this is a ***king good book, it's not some big biography. It's loads of short chapters, of interviews from the time and stuff written in the media at the time.

It's hard to explain, it shouldn't work but it does really well and is one of the best music books I've read.

This explains it better than I can https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/apr/13/one-two-three-four-the-beatles-in-

Oi Glasgow. on 22:34 - Oct 13 with 949 viewsLord_Lucan

Oi Glasgow. on 22:22 - Oct 13 by Melford

I've got a really old one, it was broadcast on the BBC in the early 80's and my dad taped it. I've got a couple of books dedicated to this period and I've had the 30 Days bootleg set for years http://www.maccafan.net/Bootlegs/ThirtyDays/Thirtydays.htm

To have all this brilliant footage that has never been seen before cleaned up an edited is a bit of a holy grail, apart from a brief VHS release the original film was never released on DVD or Blu Ray and is hard to get. To be able to see the dynamics of them in the studio, as craftsmen creating, doing the day job part of it will be really interesting.

When you look at the change they did / were involved in - it's mind blowing.

We can't really comprehend I suppose, although I see similar things - but they are going the other way - backwards

You know what I mean?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Oi Glasgow. on 22:47 - Oct 13 with 920 viewsMelford

Oi Glasgow. on 22:34 - Oct 13 by Lord_Lucan

When you look at the change they did / were involved in - it's mind blowing.

We can't really comprehend I suppose, although I see similar things - but they are going the other way - backwards

You know what I mean?

I think you may be right. Rock Music as we know it is dead. Who was the last British band who were a big thing internationally ? Artic Monkeys? That was nearly 20 years ago, all the festivals it's still Coldplay, Foo Fighters and Muse like it's still 2000. You ain't going to get an Oasis or Stone Roses coming through nowadays.

Oi Glasgow. on 04:23 - Oct 14 with 802 viewsIllinoisblue

“The footage has been locked in a vault for over half a century”. How the fk does that happen?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Oi Glasgow. on 07:18 - Oct 14 with 730 viewsBluebell

Oi Glasgow. on 22:32 - Oct 13 by Melford

If you like the Beatles or just interested this is a ***king good book, it's not some big biography. It's loads of short chapters, of interviews from the time and stuff written in the media at the time.

It's hard to explain, it shouldn't work but it does really well and is one of the best music books I've read.

This explains it better than I can https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/apr/13/one-two-three-four-the-beatles-in-

I was given that book last Christmas. Certainly one of the best I have read about The Beatles.
Login to get fewer ads

Oi Glasgow. on 08:58 - Oct 14 with 673 viewsJakeITFC

Can't remember if discussed on here, but McCartney 321 on Disney+ with him and Rick Rubin is absolutely brilliant. Must watch for any Beatles/McCartney fans.
Oi Glasgow. on 09:48 - Oct 14 with 636 viewsghostofescobar

Oi Glasgow. on 22:47 - Oct 13 by Melford

I think you may be right. Rock Music as we know it is dead. Who was the last British band who were a big thing internationally ? Artic Monkeys? That was nearly 20 years ago, all the festivals it's still Coldplay, Foo Fighters and Muse like it's still 2000. You ain't going to get an Oasis or Stone Roses coming through nowadays.

Depends what you mean by “dead”. If your metric is international stardom, then maybe, but there is (and always has) been so much good music out there. It seems very much alive to me!

GhostOfEscobar

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024