Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail 10:49 - Oct 14 with 3512 viewsElderGrizzly

And it is too early to learn any lessons. FFS

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 10:52 - Oct 14 with 1981 viewsHerbivore

It is government by shrug of the shoulders and meaningless slogans. They don't care, they don't see the welfare of citizens as being their responsibility.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 10:54 - Oct 14 with 1963 viewsElderGrizzly

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 10:52 - Oct 14 by Herbivore

It is government by shrug of the shoulders and meaningless slogans. They don't care, they don't see the welfare of citizens as being their responsibility.

He’s more concerned with threatening overworked GPs with league tables to shame them to overwork more

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 11:05 - Oct 14 with 1914 viewsBlueNomad

How can anyone justify continuing to support this miserable crew?
Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 11:06 - Oct 14 with 1906 viewsIllinoisblue

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 10:52 - Oct 14 by Herbivore

This era of no consequences is very draining.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 11:07 - Oct 14 with 1905 viewsHerbivore

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 10:54 - Oct 14 by ElderGrizzly

He’s more concerned with threatening overworked GPs with league tables to shame them to overwork more

Indeed. Their current tactics seem to be to demand that everyone else does more but with no additional funding whilst they all fook off on their holidays. NHS in crisis? Blame and shame the staff. Supply line issues? Pin it all on the haulage industry. Rising vacancies in agri and service sectors? Blame farmers and businesses for not paying bigger salaries. Everything is blame and deflection. They take no ownership of any issues, though they will try to take the credit on the rare occasion there's a positive headline to be written. Abject c**ts the lot of them.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2021 11:12]

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 11:09 - Oct 14 with 1884 viewsHerbivore

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 11:06 - Oct 14 by Illinoisblue

This era of no consequences is very draining.

It really is. A decent media would hold them to account, but the media in this country is in league with the Tories or too scared (in the case of the Beeb) to speak truth to power. The public are, for the most part, too disinterested to care and many seem to find Johnson likeable and see that as reason enough to overlook the lying and incompetence. The country is about as broken as I can remember it being.

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 11:10 - Oct 14 with 1883 viewsElderGrizzly

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 11:09 - Oct 14 by Herbivore

It really is. A decent media would hold them to account, but the media in this country is in league with the Tories or too scared (in the case of the Beeb) to speak truth to power. The public are, for the most part, too disinterested to care and many seem to find Johnson likeable and see that as reason enough to overlook the lying and incompetence. The country is about as broken as I can remember it being.

To be expected I guess. Coward

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 11:10 - Oct 14 with 1875 viewspointofblue

To be fair I don’t have an issue in him not axing the opportunity to read the report in full YET as long as intends to imminently. If he doesn’t plan to it’s a whole different issue.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 11:14 - Oct 14 with 1848 viewsElderGrizzly

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 11:10 - Oct 14 by pointofblue

To be fair I don’t have an issue in him not axing the opportunity to read the report in full YET as long as intends to imminently. If he doesn’t plan to it’s a whole different issue.

No, sorry.

Competent ministers (yes I know!) ensure they are over all the detail of the biggest public health failing since WW2.

His excuse so far this morning is he wasn’t health secretary when it happened
[Post edited 14 Oct 2021 11:15]
Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 11:17 - Oct 14 with 1834 viewsSomethingBlue

And an apathetic, terribly educated, bitter & twisted population will not care.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 11:18 - Oct 14 with 1825 viewsFixed_It

Why would you expect the Health Secretary to read the report on the Government's handling of the pandemic? It's not as if its his job, is it?!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 11:21 - Oct 14 with 1820 viewspointofblue

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 11:14 - Oct 14 by ElderGrizzly

No, sorry.

Competent ministers (yes I know!) ensure they are over all the detail of the biggest public health failing since WW2.

The detail yes, but he can be over the detail without reading every word. As I said, he needs to read the report in full urgently but, with the press clamouring for a response, he needs to come forward and say something. Admittedly, what he said is trying to absolve blame which the natural approach of this government.

Says a lot when I long for the days of Cameron and Osborne.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 11:23 - Oct 14 with 1816 viewsHerbivore

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 11:10 - Oct 14 by ElderGrizzly

Honestly, they are a bunch of snivelling little sh!ts. No principles, no back bone, no ideas. It feels like Stockholm Syndrome at this point that so many people still support them. They are destroying the very fabric of the country and some people cheer as they do it, so long as it upsets foreigners and 'snowflakes'.

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 11:38 - Oct 14 with 1769 viewsSwansea_Blue

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 11:10 - Oct 14 by ElderGrizzly

He's worse than Halfcock. Halfcock would have turned up, behaved creepily around some women with his Partridge tribute actc, and then been utterly unconvincing. But at least he would have turned up.

They really are awful. Not even a pretence at being diligent public servants.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 11:44 - Oct 14 with 1745 viewsSwansea_Blue

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 11:23 - Oct 14 by Herbivore

Honestly, they are a bunch of snivelling little sh!ts. No principles, no back bone, no ideas. It feels like Stockholm Syndrome at this point that so many people still support them. They are destroying the very fabric of the country and some people cheer as they do it, so long as it upsets foreigners and 'snowflakes'.

Yeah, but you lost (or something).

Depressing innit.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 11:52 - Oct 14 with 1724 viewsHerbivore

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 11:44 - Oct 14 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah, but you lost (or something).

Depressing innit.

I keep half expecting to wake up and realise I've been in a coma for 5 and a bit years. The country has totally lost its head.

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 12:00 - Oct 14 with 1693 viewsGlasgowBlue

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 11:18 - Oct 14 by Fixed_It

Why would you expect the Health Secretary to read the report on the Government's handling of the pandemic? It's not as if its his job, is it?!

I don't think Javid for chosen as HS for his in depth knowledge of health. He's an economist brought in to roll over and let Boris tickle his tummy whilst relaxing restrictions.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 12:12 - Oct 14 with 1666 viewsFixed_It

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 12:00 - Oct 14 by GlasgowBlue

I don't think Javid for chosen as HS for his in depth knowledge of health. He's an economist brought in to roll over and let Boris tickle his tummy whilst relaxing restrictions.

Well yes. It's a given that none of this shower have been chosen for their roles on the basis of competence or expertise.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 15:20 - Oct 14 with 1473 viewsBlueBadger

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 11:05 - Oct 14 by BlueNomad

They don't care about the corruption and incompetence. It's all about Owning the Libs.
The open bigotry is a feature not a big for these people.

They'd rather the country burned to the ground than see someone in power who might actually be interested in looking after its best interests.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 15:24 - Oct 14 with 1463 viewsHerbivore

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 11:05 - Oct 14 by BlueNomad

The only response I've ever seen when that question is posed is essentially "because Labour". If you then dig any deeper and ask why Labour would be worse it then tends to fall quiet.

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 15:29 - Oct 14 with 1451 viewsChurchman

I imagine reading anything beyond the Beano is a bit of a challenge for Ming the Merciless Javid.

Regardless, I doubt he cares two hoots what’s in the report, any more than the rest of them do.
Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 15:43 - Oct 14 with 1431 viewsRyorry

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 15:51 - Oct 14 with 1416 viewsbrazil1982

147 page report published two days ago.
Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 15:53 - Oct 14 with 1411 viewsHerbivore

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 15:51 - Oct 14 by brazil1982

147 page report published two days ago.

And? You do realise that reading this kind of report is what he's paid for?

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 16:49 - Oct 14 with 1370 viewsCotty

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 11:14 - Oct 14 by ElderGrizzly

No, sorry.

This was why they kept Hancock in post so long. A handy scapegoat."He's gone, so we've got nothing to answer for!"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024