Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby 23:39 - Oct 14 with 3142 viewsunstableblue

Huge game

Russell Martin’s men, with our Flynn, trying to play football the right way, but not yet winning consistently, take on the poor to watch Cardiff in a massive game for Mick

From the Cardiff forum lead “ To many Mick can’t afford to lose this local derby against rivals Swansea as that would be it to many, after McCarthy has not only lost 7 of his last 8 games , but the his team has played dire football.”

Cardiff home attendances dropping fast as the entertainment retreats into a team with 8 defensive players

But I have a sneaky feeling Mick might pull off an away victory

Although the purists will surely want a home win

Some derby

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 01:46 - Oct 15 with 1959 viewsIllinoisblue

What odds on Mick telling the Cardiff fans to “f**k off” if they score?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 04:46 - Oct 15 with 1903 viewsKeaneish

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 01:46 - Oct 15 by Illinoisblue

I expect it’ll all be “water off a Duck’s back to him’ because “he’s been around the game long enough not to let it get to him”. However, as there’s “nowt bad with an away point”, I’m sure one will be ground out to stop the slide, even if McGuiness does start as a wing-back!

In truth, I’m hoping Flynn pops up with the winner though. There’ll be something quite poetic about that given Mick gave him his start.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 07:06 - Oct 15 with 1806 viewsArnieM

11 men behind the ball …. “ if you offered me the point I’d take it now”… yaaaaawn . So glad those days are gone from PR

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 07:15 - Oct 15 with 1765 viewsBluefish

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 07:06 - Oct 15 by ArnieM

11 men behind the ball …. “ if you offered me the point I’d take it now”… yaaaaawn . So glad those days are gone from PR

Yeah much better to be midtable in a division below.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 07:41 - Oct 15 with 1736 viewsmutters

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 01:46 - Oct 15 by Illinoisblue

Suspect it will depend on how much abuse he has received from his teams "fans"

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 07:54 - Oct 15 with 1698 viewsBluefish

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 07:41 - Oct 15 by mutters

Suspect it will depend on how much abuse he has received from his teams "fans"

I doubt any other set of fans would dream of singing songs with their rivals against their own team

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 08:23 - Oct 15 with 1658 viewsitfcjoe

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 07:06 - Oct 15 by ArnieM

Yep, definitely better to be in the bottom half of League 1 with a massive budget than the top half of the Championship with a small one

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 08:27 - Oct 15 with 1619 viewsHerbivore

The state of it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 08:55 - Oct 15 with 1556 viewsKeaneish

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 08:23 - Oct 15 by itfcjoe

Yep, definitely better to be in the bottom half of League 1 with a massive budget than the top half of the Championship with a small one

Top half of the Championship with a declining Mick and Evans as our owner, hilarious. Give me this new look club with Paul Cook any day.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 09:10 - Oct 15 with 1520 viewsBluefish

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 08:55 - Oct 15 by Keaneish

Top half of the Championship with a declining Mick and Evans as our owner, hilarious. Give me this new look club with Paul Cook any day.

Hahaahhahahhahahahahaa

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 09:12 - Oct 15 with 1520 viewsitfcjoe

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 08:55 - Oct 15 by Keaneish

Shall we wait until we are at least looking like we may get out of League 1 first, this is the first time we've been in the bottom half of the 3rd tier since Sir Alf Ramsey was in charge after all

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 09:15 - Oct 15 with 1490 viewsBluefish

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 09:12 - Oct 15 by itfcjoe

Shall we wait until we are at least looking like we may get out of League 1 first, this is the first time we've been in the bottom half of the 3rd tier since Sir Alf Ramsey was in charge after all

The club could be bankrupt and folding and these melts would desperately declare it is still better than being midtable in the championship under Super Mick
[Post edited 15 Oct 2021 9:38]

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 09:17 - Oct 15 with 1491 viewsElephantintheRoom

Isn't 'our' totem pole playing for Cardiff?

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 09:18 - Oct 15 with 1488 viewsHerbivore

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 09:12 - Oct 15 by itfcjoe

Some fans were so wedded to the idea that getting relegated to the third tier would be better than being a competetive Championship side under Mick that they have to carry on peddling that line. I liked us playing against, and fairly regularly beating, good second tier sides. It was, imo, better than struggling along against division three dross as we've been doing for two and a bit seasons now.

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 09:20 - Oct 15 with 1485 viewsFixed_It

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 08:23 - Oct 15 by itfcjoe

Well it was taking it's toll on me. You try travelling 230 miles every other week, being out of the house for 7 hours each time, and hoping/praying that we might have a shot on target at some point in the afternoon. It was not my idea of fun or entertainment. I actually look forward to matches now, rather than begrudging them.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 09:22 - Oct 15 with 1461 viewsSitfcB

If he does then I hope their fans aren’t as wet us as ours.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2021 20:38]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 09:23 - Oct 15 with 1459 viewsHerbivore

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 09:20 - Oct 15 by Fixed_It

Well it was taking it's toll on me. You try travelling 230 miles every other week, being out of the house for 7 hours each time, and hoping/praying that we might have a shot on target at some point in the afternoon. It was not my idea of fun or entertainment. I actually look forward to matches now, rather than begrudging them.

We averaged more shots per game under Mick in the Championship than we have done per game over the last two and a bit years in League 1. I find that far more depressing.

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 09:39 - Oct 15 with 1396 viewsBluefish

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 09:23 - Oct 15 by Herbivore

We averaged more shots per game under Mick in the Championship than we have done per game over the last two and a bit years in League 1. I find that far more depressing.

Yeah but apart from that!

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 09:42 - Oct 15 with 1400 viewsitfcjoe

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 09:20 - Oct 15 by Fixed_It

If this season turns into a 3rd consecutive mid table season in League 1 then that enjoyment won’t continue though.

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 09:43 - Oct 15 with 1380 viewsBluefish

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 09:42 - Oct 15 by itfcjoe

If this season turns into a 3rd consecutive mid table season in League 1 then that enjoyment won’t continue though.

We could be relegated to the conference and they would still claim they prefer it to Super Mick

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 10:03 - Oct 15 with 1311 viewsBlueBadger

He's gone, get over it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 10:04 - Oct 15 with 1315 viewsmutters

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 07:54 - Oct 15 by Bluefish

I doubt any other set of fans would dream of singing songs with their rivals against their own team

To be honest, if I had been abused as MIck had been I would have told a section of the fans to f-off as well.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 10:04 - Oct 15 with 1321 viewsFixed_It

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 09:43 - Oct 15 by Bluefish

We could be relegated to the conference and they would still claim they prefer it to Super Mick

Depends who 'they' are. I loved Mick as a manager and thoroughly enjoyed the 'Murphy' season. However, it got stale and he resorted to pragmatic football as his resources diminished. The declining seasons were not much fun. It hardly got any better under Hurst (obviously), and then we had Lambert, with meaningless passing with zero penetration, and many players obviously past their best.
There is an excitement about going to games now, and hopefully that will continue tomorrow and beyond.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2021 10:14]

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 10:16 - Oct 15 with 1261 viewsFixed_It

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 09:42 - Oct 15 by itfcjoe

I very much doubt we will end up as low as midtable - and if we do it will be inexcusable really with the resources available.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Two styles clashing in a massive South Wales derby on 10:26 - Oct 15 with 1233 viewsJ2BLUE

The right way? This is such a meaningless line. The right way to play football is to score more goals than your opponent. Defending is part of the game.

Getting teams playing like Barcelona (lol Flynn, bless) is meaningless if you don't get results. If MM sets up defensively and wins 1-0 with 90 minutes of dire long ball the Cardiff fans will love it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024