Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peter Reid confirmed 13:52 - Oct 15 with 4257 viewsIllinoisblue

No excuses for Cook now

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Peter Reid confirmed on 23:16 - Oct 15 with 393 viewsChurchman

Peter Reid confirmed on 15:57 - Oct 15 by ElderGrizzly

Indeed. We got in the playoffs despite the structure/ownership.

We now have the structure we believe we need, they now need to deliver.

Yes, the club has got some structure now, though I’m not sure what Reid will add tbh. Regardless of him, the coaches, the tea lady and the mush that keeps the car park lines white, there is no room for excuses now. It’s mid October and we have a meagre haul of 13 points from relatively easy fixtures. It’s been a poor start to the season and as you rightly say, they now need to deliver.
Peter Reid confirmed on 06:51 - Oct 16 with 330 viewsquad

Peter Reid confirmed on 15:43 - Oct 15 by Bluefish

Might get us a win against the likes of Acrrington or Morecombe

1-0 to Bluefish
Peter Reid confirmed on 07:45 - Oct 16 with 302 viewsitfcjoe

Peter Reid confirmed on 19:13 - Oct 15 by Keaneish

You know better than I having been a poster on here for many years that seeing the wood for the trees escapes a large swathe of people. If many had there way, Evans would still be here leading us on a downward spiral into oblivion simply because the idea of change was a little bit scary.

People are happy with change and the new owners and the direction the club is taking - but it needs results on the pitch soon or there will need to be a change of manager

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Peter Reid confirmed on 10:59 - Oct 16 with 239 viewsDarth_Koont

Peter Reid confirmed on 07:45 - Oct 16 by itfcjoe

People are happy with change and the new owners and the direction the club is taking - but it needs results on the pitch soon or there will need to be a change of manager

I’d agree that people are happy with the change of direction and structure. But you could equally argue that the massive change off the pitch and overhaul of the squad is part of the reason we’ve started slowly – why wouldn’t it be?

But if we accept that change needed to be made and we need to go about things the right way for the long-term then perhaps we can stop pointing the finger at Cook?

Let’s just wait before we do our usual trick of apportioning blame rather than seeing the bigger picture of where we want to be in 4 or 5 years and how we get there. One thing I’m certain of – it’s not going to be by having knee-jerk reactions to short-term setbacks.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024