Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's a big game - bragging rights go with it 13:54 - Oct 15 with 1013 viewsmonty_radio

Not sure I'd want to boast about beating Cambridge United, Paul.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

It's a big game - bragging rights go with it on 14:07 - Oct 15 with 986 viewsIllinoisblue

It’s strange that Cook thinks this; for a man so immersed in football and football culture he’s wide of the mark here.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

It's a big game - bragging rights go with it on 14:11 - Oct 15 with 966 viewsBluefish

He is clearly trolling us
[Post edited 15 Oct 2021 14:11]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

It's a big game - bragging rights go with it on 14:11 - Oct 15 with 977 viewsBasuco

Don't think it that big a game, certainly no bragging rights at stake, just a game we should win with the players we have, compared to Cambridge.
It's a big game - bragging rights go with it on 14:15 - Oct 15 with 953 viewsFixed_It

It's a big game - bragging rights go with it on 14:07 - Oct 15 by Illinoisblue

It’s strange that Cook thinks this; for a man so immersed in football and football culture he’s wide of the mark here.

Yay - another stick to beat him with. Jeez...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

It's a big game - bragging rights go with it on 14:19 - Oct 15 with 938 viewsElderGrizzly

This can only be player psychology surely?

If he said “pah, it’s Cambridge” he’s done their work for them.
It's a big game - bragging rights go with it on 14:21 - Oct 15 with 929 viewsHerbivore

I can't say I've ever viewed playing Cambridge as being a big game. The only bragging rights on offer are for them, not us.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

It's a big game - bragging rights go with it on 20:08 - Oct 15 with 789 viewschrismakin

With a squad full of strangers and non ipswich connection. Nothing wrong with trying to get some passion into the lads about a game between 2 sides not to far away in distance.

People saying its not a Derby. Yet tickets sold out very quickly and people begging for tickets everyday.

I'd rather this approach than saying we are ipswich the best team in the league etc

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

It's a big game - bragging rights go with it on 20:21 - Oct 15 with 770 viewsclive_baker

I’m not sure, I think it’s about time everyone associated with the club realised that we’re in L1 now because we deserve to be, and we need to earn our way out of it. There’s an arrogance that surrounds ITFC like we think we’re better than this level. We need to go and prove it by winning games like tomorrow. Good attendances and a trophy cabinet to be proud of doesn’t impact the league table.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

It's a big game - bragging rights go with it on 21:12 - Oct 15 with 718 viewsmonty_radio

It's a big game - bragging rights go with it on 20:21 - Oct 15 by clive_baker

I’m not sure, I think it’s about time everyone associated with the club realised that we’re in L1 now because we deserve to be, and we need to earn our way out of it. There’s an arrogance that surrounds ITFC like we think we’re better than this level. We need to go and prove it by winning games like tomorrow. Good attendances and a trophy cabinet to be proud of doesn’t impact the league table.

That's very true. But I'm not sure, when those great triumphs remain in living memory of many of thousands still, including me, that I could rise to claiming bragging rights over a team half a region away that are very well run, but tiny by most comparative metrics. It's more about a perpetual dull heartache and disillusionment than arrogance.

If we lose though, 5p.m. tomorrow at this venue will be an expression of far less reflective thoughts than mine, as I'm sure you're well aware!
[Post edited 15 Oct 2021 21:40]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

It's a big game - bragging rights go with it on 21:38 - Oct 15 with 661 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Thing is, whilst it really shouldn't be (we really ought not to be playing at the same level as Cambridge unless they have had a fantastic run of promotion), if we win we are 3 points clear of them and they have a game in hand. Fail to win and they are level with a game in hand or will have moved ahead of us.

Ultimately, if what he says helps motivate the team to perform, that is good. But it is not a good state of affairs to be battling with Cambridge to be the distant second best team in the east (or even third if Luton count!).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

It's a big game - bragging rights go with it on 21:39 - Oct 15 with 657 viewswkj

Maybe not to the fans, but if Cook can g-up the fans and the players by bigging the game up - then I'd say that's good management.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

It's a big game - bragging rights go with it on 07:52 - Oct 16 with 517 viewsKropotkin123

If we are going to sing about being the Pride of Anglia, then games against East Anglian teams are derbies. We might have perceptions of them being beneath us, but the reality is we are in the same league.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

It's a big game - bragging rights go with it on 08:00 - Oct 16 with 507 viewsZXBlue

He isn't wide of the mark at all. The game is a real potential scalp for Cambridge and all their fans.
It's a big game - bragging rights go with it on 08:14 - Oct 16 with 492 viewsGeoffSentence

It's a big game - bragging rights go with it on 21:38 - Oct 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

Thing is, whilst it really shouldn't be (we really ought not to be playing at the same level as Cambridge unless they have had a fantastic run of promotion), if we win we are 3 points clear of them and they have a game in hand. Fail to win and they are level with a game in hand or will have moved ahead of us.

Ultimately, if what he says helps motivate the team to perform, that is good. But it is not a good state of affairs to be battling with Cambridge to be the distant second best team in the east (or even third if Luton count!).

Which of Norwich and Peterborough have you didmissed?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

It's a big game - bragging rights go with it on 08:17 - Oct 16 with 486 viewsdirtyboy

It’s a local game, Cambridge will want bragging rights, it’s not all about us, but it really is a big game..it really is.

They beat us, we look a bit silly.
It's a big game - bragging rights go with it on 09:03 - Oct 16 with 440 viewsOldboy

It's a big game - bragging rights go with it on 21:39 - Oct 15 by wkj

Maybe not to the fans, but if Cook can g-up the fans and the players by bigging the game up - then I'd say that's good management.

That's fine as long as he realises that every league game is a big game. Doesn't matter if it's Cambridge or Sunderland, 3 points is 3 points. I go today expecting a victory to continue our rise up the league.
Defeat today and Cook should go. Not sacked, but walk.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024