Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Changes for tomorrow 16:33 - Oct 15 with 3272 viewsGarv

Two players I don't think overly suit games like tomorrow is likely to be - Evans and Fraser.

I'd be keen to see El Mizouni partner Morsy, and Celina - assuming he's not knackered - on the left with Chaplin retaining his no.10 spot.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Changes for tomorrow on 11:43 - Oct 16 with 698 viewsGarv

Changes for tomorrow on 09:12 - Oct 16 by Dubtractor

Not sure if that was even the most mad suggestion - Aluko to add steel?!

I think its probably no coincidence that Aluko, who played in the 5-2 defeat to Bolton, hasn't started a league game since. Sure he looked good on the ball, but I'm guessing he didn't do enough of the off the ball stuff for Cook.

That's harsh. I think he just doesn't offer as much end product as our other attacking options. I think he's quite happy battling for the ball, more so than someone like Fraser, for example.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Changes for tomorrow on 11:48 - Oct 16 with 684 viewsDubtractor

Changes for tomorrow on 11:43 - Oct 16 by Garv

That's harsh. I think he just doesn't offer as much end product as our other attacking options. I think he's quite happy battling for the ball, more so than someone like Fraser, for example.

I came away from the Bolton game thinking that Aluko played well, but no escaping the coincidence that we've looked a tighter unit since, and he hasn't started a league game in that time.

I agree with the comparison to Fraser in fairness, I just wouldn't pick Aluko in a game that might be a scrap at times.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Changes for tomorrow on 11:51 - Oct 16 with 679 viewschrismakin

Changes for tomorrow on 11:48 - Oct 16 by Dubtractor

I came away from the Bolton game thinking that Aluko played well, but no escaping the coincidence that we've looked a tighter unit since, and he hasn't started a league game in that time.

I agree with the comparison to Fraser in fairness, I just wouldn't pick Aluko in a game that might be a scrap at times.

I don't think the tightening has anything to do with Aluko. Look at the games before where he wasn't involved.

What did change. We swapped kvy after Bolton. That's been the biggest difference to our backline. And we've also had Morsy come in who despite being slightly powder puff himself lately, he does organise that midfield.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Changes for tomorrow on 11:58 - Oct 16 with 666 viewschicoazul

Changes for tomorrow on 21:36 - Oct 15 by MarkoW1

Interesting, Coulson who’s only about 60kg , you’d bring in for physicality plus out of the 4 games he’s played, he’s only managed to finish 1
Chaplin has to play- he has goals in him

Very good point about Coulson that I hadn’t realised.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Changes for tomorrow on 12:05 - Oct 16 with 664 viewswkj

Changes for tomorrow on 17:14 - Oct 15 by SomethingBlue

Celina isn't quite the luxury player people make out — his running is decent and he adds a fair bit more urgency than Fraser, who of course has his own merits.

I am also not on of Celina's devout fans. One thing I do know, however, is that the sooner Celina is able to reach his best, the better off we'll all feel. We certainly have yet to see him hit 5th gear

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Changes for tomorrow on 12:14 - Oct 16 with 649 viewsHerbivore

I'd be tempted to bring El Miz in for Evans as he is begged defensively and good on the half turn, he also knows Cambridge and has played a lot of football there. Everything else I'd leave the same from the start with Celina for Fraser being the obvious change if we need to switch things up.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Changes for tomorrow on 13:27 - Oct 16 with 624 viewsfranz_tyson

Still not convinced about Celina at League One level. Save him for Pompey. Big game and maybe the big-game player in him will come out.
Not sure why Celina is a better bet than Fraser against Cambridge. Fraser’s been a top L1 player for 3 seasons so he must have played against some pretty physical teams. Not sure how Celina is the ideal replacement to beef up the side. I’d say he’d get targeted by Cambridge. I’d stick with Fraser.
Not sure how much inside knowledge El Miz can bring against Cambridge. If he knows them, they’ll know him. Can’t see Evans being replaced yet, but hopefully El Miz is putting pressure on Evans to add a bit more graft.
Changes for tomorrow on 14:03 - Oct 16 with 598 viewschrismakin

Changes for tomorrow on 21:30 - Oct 15 by Reuser_is_God

What a load of utter sh1te.

Aluko. Idris

Thank you.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Login to get fewer ads

Changes for tomorrow on 14:06 - Oct 16 with 558 viewsDubtractor

Changes for tomorrow on 14:03 - Oct 16 by chrismakin

Aluko. Idris

Thank you.

Haha. Fair play.

No Toto at right back though......

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Changes for tomorrow on 14:07 - Oct 16 with 557 viewsBent_double

Aluko. Idris

Thank you.

Gqme makin

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Changes for tomorrow on 14:08 - Oct 16 with 545 viewschrismakin

Changes for tomorrow on 14:06 - Oct 16 by Dubtractor

Haha. Fair play.

No Toto at right back though......

Yeah tbf. If even forgot we had kvy even if donaciean had to go left lol.

Changes for tomorrow on 14:11 - Oct 16 with 519 viewsbluestandard

Aluko. Idris

Thank you.

👏👏
Changes for tomorrow on 15:12 - Oct 16 with 426 viewsDubtractor

Changes for tomorrow on 11:48 - Oct 16 by Dubtractor

Further proof, if needed, that I don't know what I'm talking about!

Changes for tomorrow on 14:46 - Oct 22 with 342 viewsMarkoW1

Changes for tomorrow on 17:28 - Oct 15 by chicoazul

I’d like to see a bit more muscularity in what will be a tough physical game so I’d bring in Coulson for 1P and Piggott for Fraser with Chaplin wide left.

Muscularity??
Coulson is nit yet fit
Very disrespectful to Penney
I’d go Fraser left, Chaplin central and Sone right
Pig got on bench as he’s not match fit
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024