Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some lives matter more than others. 23:13 - Oct 15 with 3136 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

N/t

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Some lives matter more than others. on 23:24 - Oct 15 with 2755 viewsIllinoisblue

Great post

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Some lives matter more than others. on 03:59 - Oct 16 with 2595 viewswitchdoctor

go on then…..
Some lives matter more than others. on 06:56 - Oct 16 with 2512 viewssolomon

Which ones?
Some lives matter more than others. on 08:03 - Oct 16 with 2439 viewswitchdoctor

Some lives matter more than others. on 06:56 - Oct 16 by solomon

Which ones?

don’t reckon he’s ready to say..probs pissed when he posted…although looking at his avatar who knows?
Some lives matter more than others. on 08:26 - Oct 16 with 2378 viewsWD19

Women more than men?
Labour MPs more than Conservative MPs?
Llamas more than Yemenis?
Pablo more than Kuqi?

Not sure this thread is going to last very long.
Some lives matter more than others. on 08:26 - Oct 16 with 2385 viewsBloomBlue

Because they do. When my little girl died all those years ago obviously her life mattered more to me than others who died around the same time, it's only natural. I'm sure if you lost someone you loved their life would matter more to you. But that doesn't mean you don't care about the others

You really can be a moron sometimes.
Some lives matter more than others. on 08:29 - Oct 16 with 2363 viewsBluefish

Hasn't that always been the case? Thousands of people die regularly in wars and natural disasters and generally this country doesn't care. People are killed daily in this country and it is a lottery if it makes the news. A famous person dies and it is front page. If you are trying to say it only matters because they are a Tory that would appear to be trying to use a murder as point scoring.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Some lives matter more than others. on 08:44 - Oct 16 with 2337 viewswitchdoctor

Some lives matter more than others. on 08:26 - Oct 16 by BloomBlue

Because they do. When my little girl died all those years ago obviously her life mattered more to me than others who died around the same time, it's only natural. I'm sure if you lost someone you loved their life would matter more to you. But that doesn't mean you don't care about the others

sorry to hear about your little girl..can’t imagine the pain you must have..and continue to suffer…and you are right..moron doesn’t cover it though..
Login to get fewer ads

Some lives matter more than others. on 08:59 - Oct 16 with 2295 viewssolomon

Some lives matter more than others. on 08:03 - Oct 16 by witchdoctor

don’t reckon he’s ready to say..probs pissed when he posted…although looking at his avatar who knows?

I do hope he’s not saying what I fear he’s saying. BDS is not someone I necessarily agree with but I believe there’s a very good person there underneath his forum persona.
Some lives matter more than others. on 09:00 - Oct 16 with 2297 viewsLord_Lucan

I don't know whether I should uppie this post or not, I'm not sure of the etiquette.

All I can say is that I cannot imagine surviving such a tragedy, if similar happened to me it would only be the fact that I have a duty of care to others that would prevent me from topping myself.

My thoughts are with you.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Some lives matter more than others. on 09:10 - Oct 16 with 2258 viewsGlasgowBlue

Really sorry to read that Bloom. I can’t imagine what you went through, and no doubt continue to go through.

As for banksy? Edgy attention seeker is gonna seek attention. Perhaps he’ll reflect on his op after reading your moving contribution.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Some lives matter more than others. on 09:25 - Oct 16 with 2213 viewsLord_Lucan

Some lives matter more than others. on 09:10 - Oct 16 by GlasgowBlue

Really sorry to read that Bloom. I can’t imagine what you went through, and no doubt continue to go through.

As for banksy? Edgy attention seeker is gonna seek attention. Perhaps he’ll reflect on his op after reading your moving contribution.

Not sure he meant any harm and you cannot simply not post things because of the awful tragedy that Bloom and other go through.

I am presuming the post was about Sir David Andrew Amess, Factual Blue must be having a lay in as he is usually up bright and breezy with his RIP''s with a big boner on.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Some lives matter more than others. on 09:35 - Oct 16 with 2181 viewsGuthrum

Some lives matter more than others. on 08:29 - Oct 16 by Bluefish

Hasn't that always been the case? Thousands of people die regularly in wars and natural disasters and generally this country doesn't care. People are killed daily in this country and it is a lottery if it makes the news. A famous person dies and it is front page. If you are trying to say it only matters because they are a Tory that would appear to be trying to use a murder as point scoring.

Also the fact that this is not only the murder of a man, but also an attack against the whole system of open, accessible democracy in this country.

Which, despite its flaws, is a good deal better than many systems in operation around the world* and worthy of defending.

* Even as an Anarchist, the aim is for more openness, greater access and more extensive, localised democracy, rather than something fundamentally different.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Some lives matter more than others. on 09:57 - Oct 16 with 2105 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Some lives matter more than others. on 08:29 - Oct 16 by Bluefish

If I was trying to say that then that would be a bad thing. It was just a (not pissed!) statement of the obvious but in relation to wall to wall media coverage. Sometimes saying less is more.

Some lives matter more than others. on 10:00 - Oct 16 with 2089 viewsKeno

Some lives matter more than others. on 09:35 - Oct 16 by Guthrum

Also the fact that this is not only the murder of a man, but also an attack against the whole system of open, accessible democracy in this country.

Which, despite its flaws, is a good deal better than many systems in operation around the world* and worthy of defending.

* Even as an Anarchist, the aim is for more openness, greater access and more extensive, localised democracy, rather than something fundamentally different.

"Also the fact that this is not only the murder of a man, but also an attack against the whole system of open, accessible democracy in this country"

You have to make a distinction between who he was and what he was.

As a 'who' my thoughts go to his family and friends as a result of what is an awful personal tragedy

As far as the 'what' he was goes then it is an attack on the very core of what democracy, freedom and so many things that we all take for granted stand for.

and Bloom, I have not words for your tragedy but you have my love

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Some lives matter more than others. on 10:02 - Oct 16 with 2082 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Some lives matter more than others. on 09:00 - Oct 16 by Lord_Lucan

I don't know whether I should uppie this post or not, I'm not sure of the etiquette.

All I can say is that I cannot imagine surviving such a tragedy, if similar happened to me it would only be the fact that I have a duty of care to others that would prevent me from topping myself.

My thoughts are with you.

Of course, as with this MP, the loss means more to the nearest and dearest. For the rest of us they should all matter equally.
I did think of you though, and that you would appreciate an easier target than yesterday for your moral outrage!

Edit...time to go. Laters.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 10:03]

Some lives matter more than others. on 10:50 - Oct 16 with 1942 viewsGlasgowBlue

Some lives matter more than others. on 10:02 - Oct 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

Of course, as with this MP, the loss means more to the nearest and dearest. For the rest of us they should all matter equally.
I did think of you though, and that you would appreciate an easier target than yesterday for your moral outrage!

All lives matter eh Banksy? I think I’ve heard that slogan somewhere before.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Some lives matter more than others. on 11:35 - Oct 16 with 1848 viewsZXBlue

Some lives matter more than others. on 10:02 - Oct 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

Unbelievable. What an obnoxious and obviously bad point to be trying to make.

Really quite offensive trying to make some cheap point about it.

Of course the direct murder of an MP is headline news. Of course it flippin well is. As it was with Jo Cox. I am guessing you did not make an equivalent post at that time by the way.

Really really unpleasant.
Some lives matter more than others. on 12:00 - Oct 16 with 1799 viewssolomon

Some lives matter more than others. on 09:57 - Oct 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

If I was trying to say that then that would be a bad thing. It was just a (not pissed!) statement of the obvious but in relation to wall to wall media coverage. Sometimes saying less is more.

Can’t agree with you at all on this one BDS, just think it would have been better to stay classy and say RIP . I’m sure you will disagree with my thoughts on this but I’ve said my piece and I’ll leave it here.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 12:35]
Some lives matter more than others. on 12:24 - Oct 16 with 1733 viewsBluedicea

Totally true. Without worms or bees, insects etc. Humans would not exist, so their lives matter more than ours because we wouldn't be here if they all disappeared. This is why you should respect all life and hug trees, because your entire existence is built upon theirs.

What is the use of knowing about everything else, when you do not yet know who you are.

Some lives matter more than others. on 12:24 - Oct 16 with 1734 viewsbrogansnose

Trouble is here Bankie is that the murderers religious / political belief system is as despicable as it gets.
Some lives matter more than others. on 12:37 - Oct 16 with 1685 viewsHerbivore

It's not about mattering more per se, it's more that some deaths are more newsworthy. What Badger does every day matters more than what Katie Price does every day, but the daily grind of working on a ward doesn't make great news. In this instance, an MP has been murdered at his constituency surgery. It's an awful thing and of course it's highly newsworthy, just like Jo Cox's murder was. Both appear to be terrorist attacks, which are also newsworthy. That doesn't mean that other people dying doesn't matter, it just isn't possible - and would make for rather grim viewing - to report every single death on the news.

Thoughts go out to his family as they are the ones this is most significant to and it can't be easy for them seeing it all over the news and seeing people looking to score political points over it (not saying that's your motivation, but have seen others doing so).
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 13:09]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Some lives matter more than others. on 12:38 - Oct 16 with 1679 viewssolomon

Some lives matter more than others. on 12:24 - Oct 16 by brogansnose

Trouble is here Bankie is that the murderers religious / political belief system is as despicable as it gets.

An inconvenient truth if I ever did hear one.
Some lives matter more than others. on 13:05 - Oct 16 with 1611 viewsborge

Some lives matter more than others. on 09:57 - Oct 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

Not sure that 'less is more' was quite true here - I took it that you were saying his life mattered less than others because he was a Tory MP, so 'more' may have been appropriate here. Even then, whilst I understand the point you are making, I am not sure it would have made things much better....
Some lives matter more than others. on 19:43 - Oct 16 with 1400 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Some lives matter more than others. on 12:24 - Oct 16 by brogansnose

Heh let's have talk about all of that and about attacks on democracy too, but maybe rather than hearing about the time he was nice to a little old lady they could devote some more time to why kids are stabbing kids and all the nice stuff that 16 year old Afghan refugee had done before he was murdered 3 days ago.

So yes GB (to also answer your point) all lives matter but transparently some matter more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024