Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm sorry but... 17:07 - Oct 16 with 721 viewswkj

What is going on with Hladky - I thought he was supposed to be this amazing keeper? I wouldn't say what I just watched makes him look like an upgrade on Dai Cornell, let alone Holy.

The sooner Walton starts hitting fitness and form the better.

Meanwhile, Cook has once more killed a game with his subs - he didn't bring on bad players, but 3 players so close to the end just saps the momentum out of the game.

If Cook blames anyone but himself today, he's delusional.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I'm sorry but... on 17:09 - Oct 16 with 663 viewsFunge

Keeper issue is nuts.

Holy is one of the worst keepers I've seen at Ipswich; Hladky has had a terrible start, and Walton looked p1ssed against Bolton.

Don't know what the answer is.
I'm sorry but... on 17:11 - Oct 16 with 611 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yeah, the rhetoric and the reality are quite far apart. Must be a nightmare playing in front of him.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I'm sorry but... on 17:13 - Oct 16 with 575 viewswkj

I'm sorry but... on 17:11 - Oct 16 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah, the rhetoric and the reality are quite far apart. Must be a nightmare playing in front of him.

You can't build a house on Sand foundations - and right now it looks like we bought our keeper from B&Q

Crybaby

I'm sorry but... on 17:13 - Oct 16 with 565 viewsDubtractor

I don't like going early on judgement on players, but it was clear to me after a couple of games that Hladky looked suspect. With each passing week he looks increasingly out of his depth.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I'm sorry but... on 17:14 - Oct 16 with 548 viewschrismakin

3 attacking players made no sense at all

Yes we only had toto, but bring him on. see the game out. even stick him in front of the back 4 if you have to, just have someone with his steel in the box as we head to the final minutes with corners etc. But no, we bring on edwards etc. shambles management of a game again.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 17:16]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I'm sorry but... on 17:14 - Oct 16 with 514 viewsBurns7

Cooks not a very good manager.
I'm sorry but... on 17:15 - Oct 16 with 488 viewsFunge

I'm sorry but... on 17:13 - Oct 16 by Dubtractor

I don't like going early on judgement on players, but it was clear to me after a couple of games that Hladky looked suspect. With each passing week he looks increasingly out of his depth.

Just need to do the basics at this level - honestly, its that simple - and none of the 5 keepers we've had in L1, have been capable of that.

Holy
Norris
Cornell
Hladky
Walton

All were/ are shocking - I acknowledge that's harsh on Walton.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 17:18]
I'm sorry but... on 17:16 - Oct 16 with 478 viewsITFCBlues

That's quite contradictory. Subs sap momentum out of game, isn't that what you'd want when trying to kill the game off?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Login to get fewer ads

I'm sorry but... on 17:16 - Oct 16 with 469 viewswkj

I'm sorry but... on 17:14 - Oct 16 by chrismakin

3 attacking players made no sense at all

Yes we only had toto, but bring him on. see the game out. even stick him in front of the back 4 if you have to, just have someone with his steel in the box as we head to the final minutes with corners etc. But no, we bring on edwards etc. shambles management of a game again.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 17:16]

From being there, it didn't look like he needed to make any changes except for Aluko. Aluko obviously had a good game today, but he was knackered at the end.

Crybaby

I'm sorry but... on 17:17 - Oct 16 with 439 viewswkj

I'm sorry but... on 17:16 - Oct 16 by ITFCBlues

That's quite contradictory. Subs sap momentum out of game, isn't that what you'd want when trying to kill the game off?

Well, yes, but the momentum was well and truly with us. Shortly before Celina came on, it felt like a 3rd goal was coming. So, we effectively sapped the energy out of the team by bringing three 'cold players' on so soon after the other.

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024