Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Part of the problem is we've constructed a Championship squad 17:22 - Oct 16 with 894 viewsCheltenham_Blue

There's lots and lots flair in there, especially at the top end. But we've got no one, and I do mean no one, that can bully the opposition, and you need that in this league.

Opposition players are going to stack in two rows of four behind the ball and out muscle you. I don't think you can play your way out of this league, you have to sh*thouse your way out of it.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Part of the problem is we've constructed a Championship squad on 17:24 - Oct 16 with 871 viewswkj

Championship squad without a championship calibre manager... once more.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Part of the problem is we've constructed a Championship squad on 17:31 - Oct 16 with 801 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Part of the problem is we've constructed a Championship squad on 17:24 - Oct 16 by wkj

Possibly. And probably the most inflexible manager I've ever witnessed. Yet all that success.
Maybe it was Richardson all along?
Or maybe Sheppy put a curse on the place?

Who knows?

But if he doesn't start getting this together soon, crowds will start to fall away, and with our wages probably sailing very close to the wind on SCMP that could cause a worry in the Americans sufficient to trigger a change.

Question is, who else is there that is going to play the free flowing attacking football that we all want.

Part of the problem is we've constructed a Championship squad on 17:35 - Oct 16 with 769 viewsBurns7

This is not a Championship squad, that’s utterly EADT delusional, this is a third division squad playing to that standard and less. The results haven’t lied, if this team was in the Championship we’d not win a game all season because our backline would ship at least 4 a game and one up top wouldn’t get anything either.

Not acceptable.
Part of the problem is we've constructed a Championship squad on 17:38 - Oct 16 with 741 viewsCopfordBlue

Part of the problem is we've constructed a Championship squad on 17:24 - Oct 16 by wkj

You’re falling into the same trap as our players have for the past 3 years - thinking they are better than they are. Potentially we have got a very good squad this season but right now they are a lower half of league one squad, nothing more.

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

Part of the problem is we've constructed a Championship squad on 17:38 - Oct 16 with 738 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Part of the problem is we've constructed a Championship squad on 17:35 - Oct 16 by Burns7

This is not a Championship squad, that’s utterly EADT delusional, this is a third division squad playing to that standard and less. The results haven’t lied, if this team was in the Championship we’d not win a game all season because our backline would ship at least 4 a game and one up top wouldn’t get anything either.

Not acceptable.

Dry your eyes, go and have a cup of tea and calm your self down, I can see you're upset.

Then look at our squad list and tell me which players are third division or less. A good number of these players we beat Championship opposition to.

Part of the problem is we've constructed a Championship squad on 17:39 - Oct 16 with 732 viewsFelstow1978

Part of the problem is we've constructed a Championship squad on 17:35 - Oct 16 by Burns7

Not acceptable.

This

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

Part of the problem is we've constructed a Championship squad on 17:55 - Oct 16 with 676 viewsTooManyPauls

Part of the problem is we've constructed a Championship squad on 17:38 - Oct 16 by Cheltenham_Blue

Dry your eyes, go and have a cup of tea and calm your self down, I can see you're upset.

Then look at our squad list and tell me which players are third division or less. A good number of these players we beat Championship opposition to.

The goalkeepers and the defenders for a start.

It's not a championship squad, it's a squad with some players who could hold their own in the championship. Most at the top end of the pitch, few at the back.
Part of the problem is we've constructed a Championship squad on 18:05 - Oct 16 with 620 viewspistonbroke

Championship squad lol
Login to get fewer ads

Part of the problem is we've constructed a Championship squad on 18:14 - Oct 16 with 598 viewsjayessess

Honestly, what do you think the Championship is like? If you're getting physically bullied in L1, you're sure as hell going to get bullied the Championship, where it's the same stuff but against stronger, faster, better players.

In this division we've got the advantage that most opposition players can't play through you, so constantly knock it long and give you the ball back. If you've got better players you bully them with that footballing ability, you don't just retreat and see who wins the most sodding aerial duels, ffs.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 18:32]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Part of the problem is we've constructed a Championship squad on 18:21 - Oct 16 with 572 viewschicoazul

Have a feeling Toto Walton and Coulson will be back in the team. Clearly there’s a big problem with keeping clean sheets.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Part of the problem is we've constructed a Championship squad on 18:31 - Oct 16 with 531 viewsHARRY10

Whereas most of the problem on here is that too many are seeing things through blue painted specs - as was last season, where the 'strongest squad in L1' was dismantled and then most barely stayed at this level.

The squad has shown that most are bang average, as the table shows. And most have been signed from Cooks phone book, rather than them being any much sort after player.

Whiney nonsense about confidence is just that, whiney nonsense. Cook signed these players. If they are not able to give 100% every game, then why are they here ? Why did the 'recruitment squad' not identify those flaws before signing them.

At the moment, none of us really have the slightest idea of what fees were paid, nor the wages either. I would suspect however that we could offer more than Accrington, Fleetwood, Salford etc without any increase in expenditure so there is not much there to go on.

What counts is having total commitment on and off the pitch. The latter being something that Morsy was supposed to address. A clear recognition of the failings of Cooks squad up till then. This is not some lapse either. Too many games we have let slip, suggesting that there is a lack of a dogged determination to see games out.

Bringing in the likes of Peter Reid and others points to a failing that needs to be addressed. Why ? The thought was that with the best manager, endless funds for a new squad and a top recruitment team, all the parts would be in place ready for the start of the season.

Clearly not, and it shows
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024