Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season 17:34 - Oct 16 with 1565 viewsthebooks

would be “disappointing”. Just wondering if anyone here can match that for low expectations — such a Town way of looking at things.

Infuriating the excuses that are made, even mentioning Newcastle not expecting to get Champions League football for a couple of seasons, as if a league containing Liverpool, Manchester City and Chelsea is somehow equivalent to L1 and Morecambe, Cambridge and Accrington Stanley.

Promotion is the only acceptable outcome this season.
Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 17:36 - Oct 16 with 1526 viewschrismakin

I just think any thoughts of actual promotion are laughable

Forget individual players

Look at the sides in and around the playoffs and top end, consistant, solid sides with knowledge of how to manage this league.

Are we better than Sunderland, Wycombe, Rotherham etc....... not a chance.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 17:39 - Oct 16 with 1513 viewsmarcus1642

Promotion is NOT happening this season. We won't make the play offs either. Next season is the target. Live with it and move on. COYB AND KEEP THE FAITH.
Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 17:41 - Oct 16 with 1489 viewsBurns7

Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 17:39 - Oct 16 by marcus1642

Promotion is NOT happening this season. We won't make the play offs either. Next season is the target. Live with it and move on. COYB AND KEEP THE FAITH.

We won’t be going up next season with this manager and players. Faith doesn’t win football matches. This isn’t acceptable at Ipswich and we need to make it clear or we’re going to tread water until another drop.
Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 17:42 - Oct 16 with 1476 viewsthebooks

I hope it does happen. Sorry, but not going to “live with it” because it’d be an absolute joke not to get promoted from League One with this squad.
Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 17:44 - Oct 16 with 1452 viewsDanTheMan

Are people serious with this?

We build an incredibly expensive squad and targetting maybe the playoffs NEXT season!?

Wtf is going on with people?
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 17:44]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 17:45 - Oct 16 with 1431 viewschrismakin

Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 17:44 - Oct 16 by DanTheMan

We build an incredibly expensive squad and targetting maybe the playoffs NEXT season!?

Dan, IF it's 100% the target this season......... aren't you suprised at the lack of action with PC so far?

I mean I know there's timing, but we've past the 10 game stage etc.. at what point does the club stand up and show that the target is indeed promotion and anything else is failure?

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 17:46 - Oct 16 with 1425 viewsDanTheMan

Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 17:45 - Oct 16 by chrismakin

Dan, IF it's 100% the target this season......... aren't you suprised at the lack of action with PC so far?

I mean I know there's timing, but we've past the 10 game stage etc.. at what point does the club stand up and show that the target is indeed promotion and anything else is failure?

I'm with you, Cook needs to start putting together wins fast.

I just cannot believe that people are saying that we shouldn't be targeting the playoffs this season. That's absolutely mental.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 17:47 - Oct 16 with 1418 viewsmarcus1642

Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 17:41 - Oct 16 by Burns7

We won’t be going up next season with this manager and players. Faith doesn’t win football matches. This isn’t acceptable at Ipswich and we need to make it clear or we’re going to tread water until another drop.

This has become acceptable at Ipswich. It's what we have become. Some of the players are not as good as we think they are, and clearly are a bit soft.

Ipswich til I die.
Login to get fewer ads

Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 17:48 - Oct 16 with 1404 viewsthebooks

Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 17:45 - Oct 16 by chrismakin

I hope that’s how the owners are looking at it. You could argue there are still enough matches left to turn it round — it is a judgement, after all.

Perhaps Xmas will be when the decision is made?
Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 17:49 - Oct 16 with 1390 viewschrismakin

Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 17:46 - Oct 16 by DanTheMan

I just cannot believe that people are saying that we shouldn't be targeting the playoffs this season. That's absolutely mental.

im caught between the 2

I thought in summer absolutely target has to be promotion

but the longer the PC reign continues that thought reduces...

Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 17:57 - Oct 16 with 1358 viewsmarcus1642

Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 17:46 - Oct 16 by DanTheMan

There's no way this team is going on some kind of magical win streak. We are what we are at this stage of our development, this is a long term project.

Everyone keeps banging on about how good the squad is. I'm not convinced. There just seems to be no chemistry between the players. Are they a team of individuals?
Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 18:05 - Oct 16 with 1320 viewsblueprint

We really do have some easily pleased fans. All this “ Get behind the team” or “support another side” nonsense that gets thrown about .

Missing out on the play offs this season would be an absolute disgrace.
Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 18:25 - Oct 16 with 1273 viewsBlueBadger

No. No more 'free hits'. I am sick to death of the utter complacency from a section of fns here.

'Free hits' saw us relegated without a fight.
'Free hits' saw us marooned in the division playing changeless football.

Anything less than promotion this season is failure and any Town fan prepared to live wit failure should give their head a wobble.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 18:28 - Oct 16 with 1249 viewsBlueBadger

Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 17:44 - Oct 16 by DanTheMan

Weirdly, it's quite often the people who thought that mid table i the Championship was a sign of a terminal lack of ambition that think this.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 18:31 - Oct 16 with 1225 viewsBlueBadger

Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 17:47 - Oct 16 by marcus1642

This has become acceptable at Ipswich. It's what we have become. Some of the players are not as good as we think they are, and clearly are a bit soft.

Ipswich til I die.

Poor Paul cook. Imagine inheriting a squad full of players who can't be arsed and then going out and buying a whole second squad full of them.

I wonder if there's a common factor here?
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 17:23]

Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 21:28 - Oct 16 with 1101 viewsfab_lover

Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 18:31 - Oct 16 by BlueBadger

Poor Paul cook. Imagine inheriting a squad full of players who can't be arsed and then going out and buying a whole second squad full of them.

I wonder if there's a common factor here?
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 17:23]

Hit the nail on the head there.

This is his team. If he can't get anything out of them, there is only one person to blame.

I said to my fellow ITFC fans that I was extremely nervous about PC being given the keys to the piggy bank after the atrocious results of last season, but their attitude was that no, PC was the man and it would all come good, and we'd be at or near the top. Well, we're closer to going down than going up right now. I'm not happy to have been proven right. 8 wins in 31 and people are still saying "give him time" or "we could still hit a run of form". For whatever reason - and frankly, it doesn't matter what the reason or indeed reasons are - PC is not the man for the job, and it doesn't matter quite frankly how "nice" he might be.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results, and that's kind of where we are right now. In the second half of games we can't perform, and don't show any signs of that changing. PC doesn't know how to get the team he picked working, and that failure is his, and his alone.
Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 21:34 - Oct 16 with 1080 viewsitfcjoe

Seems a certain section of fans content to keep lowering expectations whenever the targets previously set aren’t met.

Last 2 years we went from going for the title to being content to contend for the play offs

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 21:35 - Oct 16 with 1077 viewsN2_Blue

Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 18:25 - Oct 16 by BlueBadger

No. No more 'free hits'. I am sick to death of the utter complacency from a section of fns here.

Anything less than promotion this season is failure and any Town fan prepared to live wit failure should give their head a wobble.

Softest fans in the land.

I love ITFC but when i look at a huge element of our support in comparison to other clubs my heart sinks a little.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 22:34 - Oct 16 with 993 viewsBseaBlue

Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 18:25 - Oct 16 by BlueBadger

Agreed! Downvoted by mistake...doh!
Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 22:55 - Oct 16 with 957 viewsunstableblue

Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 21:34 - Oct 16 by itfcjoe

Seems a certain section of fans content to keep lowering expectations whenever the targets previously set aren’t met.

Last 2 years we went from going for the title to being content to contend for the play offs

So what’s the solution Joe?

Sack Cook now? Who or what type of manager do you bring in?

There is no technical philosophy, structure or DNA at the club, just a plethora of fitness and performance staff - so the new hire needs to be both coach and technical director?

We’d need a manager with a very strong team around him.

Also are you confident that Ashton will do a good job of the recruitment!

Terrible result today and performance after their first goal

But I have this really really bad feeling about letting Cook go

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 23:26 - Oct 16 with 918 viewsChurchman

Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 22:55 - Oct 16 by unstableblue

There is no technical philosophy, structure or DNA at the club, just a plethora of fitness and performance staff - so the new hire needs to be both coach and technical director?

If we have to, yes, sack Cook and his coaches. There was a lot of talk about setting standards, building a team for the next level, running towards danger blah blah blah. Was that hot air? What we have seen in practice is a collection of players who don’t play for each other and fall apart when any team has a go.

Joe is right about expectations. Are people really happy with this? Happy with a hope of mid table with a bit of improvement or hoping we might scrape a challenge for the play offs. It’s not good enough. Portsmouth must be sighing with relief at the thought of playing us next week. I bet they wouldn’t if they were playing Wigan or Sunderland.
Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 08:00 - Oct 17 with 777 viewsitfcjoe

Dude on RS saying missing play-offs next season on 22:55 - Oct 16 by unstableblue

You aren’t going to build a technical philosophy, DNA or struxture with Paul Cook in charge - he’s an old school manager.

If that’s what you want, then yes sack him now and bring in a manager who would work better in a structure. We’ve effectively appointed a Director of Football last week.

Ashton has done a good job of the recruitment on the playing and non football side - in fact the only areas where most would say there are issues is the first team coaching staff which wouldn’t have been lead by him

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024