Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? 17:35 - Oct 16 with 4543 viewsCopfordBlue

If so, what are you basing it on?

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 17:43 - Oct 16 with 2529 viewsskankerman

I rate Cook think he is the best man to get us promoted.
Experience and squad is key here
Keep the faith
Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 17:43 - Oct 16 with 2515 viewsbilllm

NO
Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 17:44 - Oct 16 with 2508 viewsblueboyd

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 17:43 - Oct 16 by skankerman

Keep the faith

they are just words without meaning I am afraid.

The proof is in the pudding he has made. - he is a terrible cook.
Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 17:45 - Oct 16 with 2490 viewsthebooks

Yes, but on an increasingly inaccurate notion that anyone could succesfully manage this group of players in this league.
Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 17:46 - Oct 16 with 2487 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I don't think he will.

However, the route to it being possible is him getting a very good tactician and motivator to work alongside him. It is not impossible to go on a great run and move up the table quickly. Look at the state nodge were in when Lambert came in for them at this level.

However, the longer we fail to go on that run, the less likely it is.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 17:46 - Oct 16 with 2488 viewsDubtractor

Honestly, no.

He was my pick for manager, and I still don't think it is time to sack him (though not far off!), but you can't ignore just how bad his record is since he joined us. How we repeatedly get bullied in away games by bang average teams, that we've not won 2 league games in succession in 28 games, that our defensive record is so remarkably bad.

I just don't see how you turn that around into being a genuine promotion challenger.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 17:46 - Oct 16 with 2486 viewsblueprint

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 17:43 - Oct 16 by skankerman

Keep the faith

Based on what?
Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 17:49 - Oct 16 with 2449 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I don't think anyone can say they think he WILL get us promoted, not even Cook or anyone at the club. It's a bit of a daft question, frankly.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Login to get fewer ads

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 17:50 - Oct 16 with 2424 viewsjas0999

No. Nothing to suggest he has the tactical ability to do so. Couple of wins at home to struggling clubs has been the exception to the norm - poor performances and/or throwing games away. I can’t see it getting any better, but hope to be proved wrong.
Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 17:51 - Oct 16 with 2412 viewsHerbivore

No, I think it looks very unlikely that Cook will get us promoted unfortunately. He's shown nothing here to suggest he's capable of doing so.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 17:51 - Oct 16 with 2409 viewschrismakin

No

I've been his biggest fan, tried to give as much time as possible this season forgetting last.
But as soon as it turns positive, he then shows why overall it's not gonna happen
The inability to give a HT team talk, the inability to see a game out with sensible subs.
The inability to change a style to suit the flow of the game LIVE.

We're currently in Lambert December/Jan period, where each little win gives hope. but then you'll soon see a result that reminds you how inept he was.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 17:54 - Oct 16 with 2385 viewsCopfordBlue

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 17:49 - Oct 16 by The_Flashing_Smile

I don't think anyone can say they think he WILL get us promoted, not even Cook or anyone at the club. It's a bit of a daft question, frankly.

Why is it a daft question? I didn’t speak to one Town fan in the Summer who wasn’t expecting us to be challenging. We’re in mid-October and that pre-season optimism has completely gone. If he’s not the man then we need to appoint someone who can turn it around. There are enough games and enough points to get into the play offs with momentum. That won’t happen if Cook stays. If we wait until Christmas to make a change it’s going to be too late for this season. It’s slipping away very quickly.

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 18:00 - Oct 16 with 2343 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 17:54 - Oct 16 by CopfordBlue

Why is it a daft question? I didn’t speak to one Town fan in the Summer who wasn’t expecting us to be challenging. We’re in mid-October and that pre-season optimism has completely gone. If he’s not the man then we need to appoint someone who can turn it around. There are enough games and enough points to get into the play offs with momentum. That won’t happen if Cook stays. If we wait until Christmas to make a change it’s going to be too late for this season. It’s slipping away very quickly.

Saying you can't say we'll go up under him doesn't automatically mean we won't either.

You could've asked "Is it time to make a change?" but you deliberately loaded your question so it was impossible to answer in the affirmative.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 18:00 - Oct 16 with 2344 viewsjayessess

I don't see where the turnaround is coming from, really. It's the same performances over and over again, with no sign that anything in particular is being learned or improving.

Today was identical to half a dozen other performances this season, including 2 of our 3 wins. It's just what we look like now and I haven't seen anything to suggest we'll look any different in 10-15 games' time.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 18:06 - Oct 16 with 2317 viewsnodge_blue

No.

Id take steps forward though. As long as I see us going forward then I think thats ok.

But right now we are struggling. Its hard to be positive when we keep looking so weak defensively.

I think Cook will get to Christmas.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 18:07 - Oct 16 with 2301 viewsChurchman

Very little chance now. He could have won the Champions League five times over for all I care. Top half for him and his team will be an achievement. Why? Because here and now they aren’t very good for League One and neither is he. We are lucky to have the points we have. Seven months of shocking management.

He has between now and the end of October for me to find a team to not only control games, but win them well. While the opposition know that if they get stuck in, get in the faces of this mob one to three points are guaranteed, we can forget it.

Frankly, it’s not good enough. We should be winning games like this with ease. We can’t because I worry the players bought are not as good as the hype and Cook’s a joke compared with his track record. It’s like his clueless identical twin has turned up and giving it a go.

However, unless the club s going to bring in a top level manager (not a tomato faced tool like Bruce!), there’s little point in changing things unless the remaining October games prove totally disastrous. Sad, but that’s where I think we are. It’s get rid in two weeks time or write off the season and bin him in March for me.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 18:10]
Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 18:46 - Oct 16 with 2227 viewsSuperblue95

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 18:07 - Oct 16 by Churchman

Very little chance now. He could have won the Champions League five times over for all I care. Top half for him and his team will be an achievement. Why? Because here and now they aren’t very good for League One and neither is he. We are lucky to have the points we have. Seven months of shocking management.

He has between now and the end of October for me to find a team to not only control games, but win them well. While the opposition know that if they get stuck in, get in the faces of this mob one to three points are guaranteed, we can forget it.

Frankly, it’s not good enough. We should be winning games like this with ease. We can’t because I worry the players bought are not as good as the hype and Cook’s a joke compared with his track record. It’s like his clueless identical twin has turned up and giving it a go.

However, unless the club s going to bring in a top level manager (not a tomato faced tool like Bruce!), there’s little point in changing things unless the remaining October games prove totally disastrous. Sad, but that’s where I think we are. It’s get rid in two weeks time or write off the season and bin him in March for me.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 18:10]

“We are lucky to have the points we have”

Nonsense. Plenty of things to legitimately complain about without talking out of your arse

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 18:51 - Oct 16 with 2212 viewsCopfordBlue

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 18:00 - Oct 16 by The_Flashing_Smile

Saying you can't say we'll go up under him doesn't automatically mean we won't either.

You could've asked "Is it time to make a change?" but you deliberately loaded your question so it was impossible to answer in the affirmative.

I didn’t load it in that way at all. It was a genuine question. I want to understand what those who still think he’s the man to take us up this season to explain why.

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 20:40 - Oct 16 with 2108 viewsquad

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 18:46 - Oct 16 by Superblue95

“We are lucky to have the points we have”

Nonsense. Plenty of things to legitimately complain about without talking out of your arse

Agreed. I think that we have been a bit unlucky not to have a few more points. Just based on the fact that nearly every shot a team has had against us has ended up in our net.
Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 20:55 - Oct 16 with 2047 viewsjayessess

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 20:40 - Oct 16 by quad

Agreed. I think that we have been a bit unlucky not to have a few more points. Just based on the fact that nearly every shot a team has had against us has ended up in our net.

Yeah, if we had even the average save percentage for the division our goal difference would be as good as Wigan's. Whether that's bad luck or badly misjudging Hladky's quality relative to ordinary L1 goalkeepers is a question too.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 20:59 - Oct 16 with 2038 viewschicoazul

I think he might yes. I base this on the gradual improvements we have shown since Bolton.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 21:01 - Oct 16 with 2029 viewsN2_Blue

No

He looks lost here

100% he will not be here next season so hopefully somone will lead us to promotion, but it won't be Cook

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 21:01 - Oct 16 with 2025 viewsitfcjoe

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 20:40 - Oct 16 by quad

And we’ve basically done the same at the other end, fortunately

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 21:03 - Oct 16 with 2012 viewscoleking

Keep the faith

Taking far too much LSD

Poll: Cook out

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 21:18 - Oct 16 with 1965 viewsMach_foreignBlue

No and it pains me to say it because was the manager whom I wanted to replace Lambert. Would love Cook to succeed and prove us he is the right man for us but can't see it

Second half today was a carbon copy of Cheltenham and Accrington. We have never troubled Cambridge goalie. We never learn as we don't kill the games off. Time and time again the same s**t. Too many points dropped against so called crap teams and we are yet to play Sunderland, Wigan, Portsmouth, Rotherham. I am afraid we will need a miracle to go up.

He is very stubborn with his 4-2-3-1 and doesn't seem to have plan B or C.

And how on earth Burgess is an upgrade on Nsiala is beyond me. We were nowhere near as bad with Toto in defence last season as we are now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024