Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This board is fast becoming unreadable 17:41 - Oct 16 with 1836 viewswaveneyblue

Seriously Phil, can you add a section called bedwetting, so the usual suspects can chat to each other on there.

Some of the drivel spouted on here is verging on ridiculous and it's just so tedious.

We all know it's far from perfect but why do people get off on telling us repeatedly and then getting insulting if you try to add a different perspective.

This board is fast becoming unreadable on 17:44 - Oct 16 with 1807 viewswkj

There is a balance of conversation on here tonight, a few posts are getting childish - but a fair few having reasonable debate too. Maybe block some of the posters who you feel are insulting your counterpoint.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

This board is fast becoming unreadable on 17:46 - Oct 16 with 1759 viewschrismakin

Not much countering going on is there?

If it's the number of peoples posts, mayybe 1 hour after a 2-2 draw with cambridge isn't the best time to come on lol

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

This board is fast becoming unreadable on 18:35 - Oct 16 with 1642 viewsquad

eh???

What other perspective is there other than we chucked away a game we should have won AGAIN???!!!

Don't think it's bedwetting any more. We are consistently caving in.
This board is fast becoming unreadable on 18:39 - Oct 16 with 1618 viewsBlueBadger

People are disappointed that an expensively assembled squad of allegedly championship standard players are struggling in division three under a manager who's win ratio is even worse than that of our worst ever manager.

Imagine that.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This board is fast becoming unreadable on 18:43 - Oct 16 with 1585 viewsjayessess

This is the lowest league position we've been in since I've been following the club, since I was born even. It merits literally every bit of concern and criticism that being levelled at it.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

This board is fast becoming unreadable on 18:53 - Oct 16 with 1554 viewsChurchman

It’s mid October. Three months of games and any team in League One (old Third Division) that’s got in our faces has got at least a point - and been disappointed with a point. We are easy meat. Gutless. Players paid a fraction of ours wading in. That’s how it is. It’s not going to change until either the management and/or the team changes. Look at the table and the results - it’s all there.
This board is fast becoming unreadable on 19:43 - Oct 16 with 1475 viewswaveneyblue

This board is fast becoming unreadable on 18:39 - Oct 16 by BlueBadger

People are disappointed that an expensively assembled squad of allegedly championship standard players are struggling in division three under a manager who's win ratio is even worse than that of our worst ever manager.

Imagine that.

I'm fully aware of what's going on cheers.

I just don't want to read your constant tedious whinging about it.
This board is fast becoming unreadable on 19:48 - Oct 16 with 1439 viewslongtimefan

This board is fast becoming unreadable on 19:43 - Oct 16 by waveneyblue

If you don’t want to read about the truth maybe Phil can set up a Fiction section for you.
Login to get fewer ads

This board is fast becoming unreadable on 19:48 - Oct 16 with 1439 viewsSwansea_Blue

The problem is a lack of thread discipline. If we had a match thread then all the reaction would be in one place. As it is, everyone starts a new thread saying exactly the same as the one that was having a moan before it. So the board ends up being flooded with threads all pretty much about the same thing, and all with only 1 or 2 replies. If that's the way it is that's fine, but we then have to expect it and put up with it. Or we have an 'twtd official' match thread and keep all match day flouncing in one place.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This board is fast becoming unreadable on 19:51 - Oct 16 with 1424 viewsOldboy

People have concerns about our current form. This is a place for them to voice those concerns. Sorry if that doesn't meet your expectations, but this is what this board is partly here for.
This board is fast becoming unreadable on 19:58 - Oct 16 with 1384 viewsBurns7

Did the football get in the way of the usual biting over politics again? Bless.
This board is fast becoming unreadable on 20:44 - Oct 16 with 1288 viewsblueconscience

Then don’t read his posts then. We are not all satisfied with the Dross served up week in week out

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

This board is fast becoming unreadable on 21:06 - Oct 16 with 1235 viewswaveneyblue

This board is fast becoming unreadable on 20:44 - Oct 16 by blueconscience

Then don’t read his posts then. We are not all satisfied with the Dross served up week in week out

I'm far from satisfied. I'm sick to death of the stuttering way this season is going.

But you would've thought we had lost 5 nil judging by the reaction of some on here.

There's a hard-core bunch of posters who never have a good word to say and its tedious
This board is fast becoming unreadable on 21:19 - Oct 16 with 1198 viewsOriginalMarkyP

'La la la I'm not listening posts' aren't childish though and deserve to be treated with chin stroking serious though? Right? Right?

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

This board is fast becoming unreadable on 21:35 - Oct 16 with 1167 viewsChurchman

This board is fast becoming unreadable on 21:06 - Oct 16 by waveneyblue

I'm far from satisfied. I'm sick to death of the stuttering way this season is going.

But you would've thought we had lost 5 nil judging by the reaction of some on here.

There's a hard-core bunch of posters who never have a good word to say and its tedious

No, it’s not about people not having a good word to say. It’s about people after literally seasons of abject dross expecting a little more after the changes made in the last seven months than a meagre draw at Cambridge today, a narrow win against Shrewsbury last week, a runaround at Accrington Mighty Stanley and a hiding by Bolton all in the last sis weeks.

Ok, a win at Lincoln and against poor Donny. Whoopee, let’s break open the open top bus and parade the town. Sorry, what’s being served up is crumbs. The new owners have bought the club, have put structure in and are looking at doing something with the tired old infrastructure.

The priority though has been the team, but deep into October it’s poor. It can’t compete with Accrington, Cheltenham, Bolton yet we are told it’s built for the Championship? I think not. Today was a defeat in all but name and a point. We needed more. It wasn’t Sunderland away. It was Cambridge.
This board is fast becoming unreadable on 21:39 - Oct 16 with 1161 viewsLeoMuff

This board is fast becoming unreadable on 19:51 - Oct 16 by Oldboy

People have concerns about our current form. This is a place for them to voice those concerns. Sorry if that doesn't meet your expectations, but this is what this board is partly here for.

Our current form is play offs form.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

This board is fast becoming unreadable on 21:42 - Oct 16 with 1147 viewsitfcsuth

I understand people who are frustrated, this season has not gone how anyone would have wanted it too.

It feels as though some though are more interested in scoring points against other Town fans in a very ‘ I told you I was right’ approach.

It’s not just on here, see it all over Twitter as well.

Some Town fans are at the end of their patience, some are sticking with it a little longer. It doesn’t need to cause such a divide.
This board is fast becoming unreadable on 21:44 - Oct 16 with 1132 viewswaveneyblue

This board is fast becoming unreadable on 21:42 - Oct 16 by itfcsuth

I understand people who are frustrated, this season has not gone how anyone would have wanted it too.

It feels as though some though are more interested in scoring points against other Town fans in a very ‘ I told you I was right’ approach.

It’s not just on here, see it all over Twitter as well.

Some Town fans are at the end of their patience, some are sticking with it a little longer. It doesn’t need to cause such a divide.

Exactly this.
This board is fast becoming unreadable on 22:15 - Oct 16 with 1063 viewsBlueForYou

On a forum tidiness point of view, why isn’t there a match day thread? Yes there is the chat room, but not everyone wants to follow the game in there. Post match thread could also apply too.
This board is fast becoming unreadable on 22:22 - Oct 16 with 1033 viewsRyorry

This board is fast becoming unreadable on 19:48 - Oct 16 by Swansea_Blue

The problem is a lack of thread discipline. If we had a match thread then all the reaction would be in one place. As it is, everyone starts a new thread saying exactly the same as the one that was having a moan before it. So the board ends up being flooded with threads all pretty much about the same thing, and all with only 1 or 2 replies. If that's the way it is that's fine, but we then have to expect it and put up with it. Or we have an 'twtd official' match thread and keep all match day flouncing in one place.

Good point, tho I don't think it's fair to call it "flouncing" - people are entitled to feel aggrieved when we consistently drop points from games we could and should have won given better tactics & steelier defending.

Would give more than a few hundred pennies for the thoughts of Mogga, de Vos and Bart on our current defending!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

This board is fast becoming unreadable on 22:23 - Oct 16 with 1031 viewsN2_Blue

This board is fast becoming unreadable on 22:15 - Oct 16 by BlueForYou

On a forum tidiness point of view, why isn’t there a match day thread? Yes there is the chat room, but not everyone wants to follow the game in there. Post match thread could also apply too.

Yawn. The forum has worked this way for year's without an issue and is the same every match day.

It seems a few fans that can see Cook do no wrong whatever result and performance he serves up get a little upset by a few fans daring to question him. It's hardly "Cook out" posts everywhere is it? Most are constructive posts or questioning why we are so poor.

WaveneyBlue and his followers are bedwetting as much as anyone else.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

This board is fast becoming unreadable on 22:39 - Oct 16 with 995 viewswaveneyblue

This board is fast becoming unreadable on 22:23 - Oct 16 by N2_Blue

Yawn. The forum has worked this way for year's without an issue and is the same every match day.

It seems a few fans that can see Cook do no wrong whatever result and performance he serves up get a little upset by a few fans daring to question him. It's hardly "Cook out" posts everywhere is it? Most are constructive posts or questioning why we are so poor.

WaveneyBlue and his followers are bedwetting as much as anyone else.

I'm not sure where you read the constructive posts ?

Some idiot was saying the play offs were out of reach when there's still 102 points to play for.

I do like the thought of having followers tho, so ta for that
This board is fast becoming unreadable on 00:39 - Oct 17 with 864 viewsEireannach_gorm

This board is fast becoming unreadable on 18:53 - Oct 16 by Churchman

It’s mid October. Three months of games and any team in League One (old Third Division) that’s got in our faces has got at least a point - and been disappointed with a point. We are easy meat. Gutless. Players paid a fraction of ours wading in. That’s how it is. It’s not going to change until either the management and/or the team changes. Look at the table and the results - it’s all there.

Not gutless, directionless which is more worrying.This is a superb squad for this division ( possibly for the Championship ) but a sh1te team. With the talent we have it is scandalous that we can't control or close out a game.
This board is fast becoming unreadable on 04:17 - Oct 17 with 800 viewsKievthegreat

I don't get this sort of post. If it's the "usual suspects" then there is an ignore button if they bother you so much. Why should Phil shield you from opinions and people you don't like when you're perfectly capable of doing it yourself?

Also the irony of being annoyed at people "getting insulting" in a post effectively calling them 'bedwetters' is mildly amusing.

I'm not an avid Cook outer (patience is getting pretty thin though now), but the histrionics from both sides is getting a bit much.
This board is fast becoming unreadable on 07:40 - Oct 17 with 660 viewsKeaneish

Here are the major dynamics which contribute to the post match dirge when ever there is any kind of disappointing element:

1 - people are tired of the club failing and repeatedly having false dawns.
2 - some people’s lives revolve around the weekly result and nothing else.
3 - people need inspiration and positivity in the wake of COVID
4 - most people don’t attend home games they look at results vicariously through online stats
5 - very few do away games and even fewer go both home and away
6 - only a slither of people have ever played football

Put all that together and that’s the reason this forum is the way it is. I agree with you, it’s so tedious on here now. The level of post match discussion is poor and the repetitive nature of the wild gesticulating or one-up manship is painfully boring.

Disappointing result yesterday but I’m not really that bothered. Last 6 matches have been W3 D2 L1 in the league. Maintain that and we’ll be top 6 and that’s all I care about.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024