Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For anyone who cares… 17:57 - Oct 16 with 2121 viewsmonytowbray

The problem today was we didn’t show up in the second half. Subs didn’t change or step up, Alonko and Fraser were more on the ball with minutes behind them than the fresh legs of Celina and Burns.

When Cambridge parked the bus at 2-1 it was always evident they’d come out flying in the last 10.

Not sure it’s much on Cook today.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 17:58]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

For anyone who cares… on 08:35 - Oct 17 with 390 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

For anyone who cares… on 19:50 - Oct 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

Celina was 100% ineffective in his time on the pitch, especially playing centrally.

Indeed. He isn't usually though.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

For anyone who cares… on 08:50 - Oct 17 with 374 viewstownblue

For anyone who cares… on 08:35 - Oct 17 by The_Flashing_Smile

Indeed. He isn't usually though.

The game was too tight for the likes of burns or Celina to create anything. I would have put one of the three on (probably for Frazer) and given it longer to see how it worked.

Ideally would have had someone like Norwood available to come on and try to keep the ball up their end.
For anyone who cares… on 09:43 - Oct 17 with 352 viewsblueislander

For anyone who cares… on 08:50 - Oct 17 by townblue

The game was too tight for the likes of burns or Celina to create anything. I would have put one of the three on (probably for Frazer) and given it longer to see how it worked.

Ideally would have had someone like Norwood available to come on and try to keep the ball up their end.

It is obviously all the fault of Bluefish. He was in a position to impart his undoubted football wisdom to Cook and the team, but failed to do so.
For anyone who cares… on 09:49 - Oct 17 with 341 viewspointofblue

For anyone who cares… on 22:09 - Oct 16 by monytowbray

So, let me just get this straight…

You spent from 45 minutes onwards shouting “stop trying to bury the game and defend!”

Did you f**k, Captain Hindsight.

No one did that. No one. Not a single person.

Moan all you want about Cook but the players on the pitch let him down today.

To be fair to chrismakin, he was on here saying we needed to change things and were playing ourselves into trouble prior to the subs and subsequent equaliser. Call him many things (as long as it’s not against T&Cs) but his comments are not with hindsight.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

For anyone who cares… on 10:40 - Oct 17 with 310 viewsBlue_Moses

For anyone who cares… on 17:59 - Oct 16 by chrismakin

PC made the wrong subs, it's as simple as that

He also set the side up wrong during that final period when Cambridge came out from their deep counter attacking set up.

This is our problem, we expect teams to let us play 4 2 3 1 and to attack our 4 2 3 1 how we want. We don't change.

You've just described our season
For anyone who cares… on 12:58 - Oct 17 with 258 viewschrismakin

For anyone who cares… on 22:09 - Oct 16 by monytowbray

So, let me just get this straight…

You spent from 45 minutes onwards shouting “stop trying to bury the game and defend!”

Did you f**k, Captain Hindsight.

No one did that. No one. Not a single person.

Moan all you want about Cook but the players on the pitch let him down today.

I appreciate your passion, and no, not from kickoff 2nd half did i say it, however the longer the half went on, we started playing how Cambridge wanted us to play, we had lots of the ball but we weren't hurting them and they were biding their time with us. We weren't getting the space to enjoy the benefits of an Edwards/Burns/Celina sub, they just became numbers by coming on. What we failed to do and to react to was the 2nd phase of cambridge's plan which was to gradually open us up in our final qtr, and minute by minute we became the town v accrington side again.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024