Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's not working is it? 18:25 - Oct 16 with 1101 viewsBlueBadger

I think we probably need to start thinking about looking elsewhere.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

It's not working is it? on 18:28 - Oct 16 with 1062 viewsOldboy

I'll move to Manchester then. I think City is the better bet.
It's not working is it? on 18:30 - Oct 16 with 1039 viewsjayessess

No, it's not. We don't really look much different from weeks ago, not really. If things don't quite work for less than 10 games you're still in a "well this needs time" phase. Much beyond that and you increasingly have to accept that what you look like now is not far off the final product...

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

It's not working is it? on 18:32 - Oct 16 with 1017 viewsgtsb1966

I know I sound like a stuck record but our so called coaching staff have added absolutely nothing. Some mates they are .
It's not working is it? on 18:33 - Oct 16 with 1014 viewsGlasgowBlue

Yep. I want Cook to succeed. But I don’t believe he will.

I hope I’m wrong.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

It's not working is it? on 18:35 - Oct 16 with 966 viewsgalacticoblue

It's not working is it? on 18:33 - Oct 16 by GlasgowBlue

I hope I’m wrong.

Agree - I really want cook to succeed as well. I can’t clap him anymore when he comes out first at Portman rd though - he needs to prove himself
It's not working is it? on 18:36 - Oct 16 with 961 viewsBlueBadger

I hope I’m wrong.

This is where I'm at.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

It's not working is it? on 18:38 - Oct 16 with 934 viewshype313

I hope I’m wrong.

With you on that.

I suspect he will be given the next 3-4 games and if no further forward then it will give Ashton no choice.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

It's not working is it? on 18:39 - Oct 16 with 914 viewsChurchman

End of the month, but start sounding out for a replacement now. In Ashton and O’Leary’s shoes that’s what I’d be doing.

If the Americans really do have the money, it’s worth getting rid of Cook and his mob as long as a high calibre team is lined up.
Login to get fewer ads

It's not working is it? on 18:40 - Oct 16 with 910 viewsBlueBadger

It's not working is it? on 18:38 - Oct 16 by hype313

With you on that.

I suspect he will be given the next 3-4 games and if no further forward then it will give Ashton no choice.

I can't help but think that the appointment of Peter Reid was with one eye to having an experienced hand to steady the ship and run the team if and when they pull the trigger.

It's not working is it? on 18:42 - Oct 16 with 889 viewsmutters

It's not working is it? on 18:40 - Oct 16 by BlueBadger

I can't help but think that the appointment of Peter Reid was with one eye to having an experienced hand to steady the ship and run the team if and when they pull the trigger.

Yep i did consider this. I wonder how pleased wtih or involved PC was in this decision?

Feels like a safety net just in case....

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

It's not working is it? on 18:42 - Oct 16 with 885 viewsLankHenners

Not really unfortunately. We’re playing a bit better in the spells where we’re better, if that makes sense, but 12 games in we’re still making the same errors and being undone in the same way with Cook and his mates seemingly stuck for ideas on how to change it.

It’s a shame and potentially also a total waste of this season.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

It's not working is it? on 18:42 - Oct 16 with 880 viewsBseaBlue

With you on that.

Probably when it's too late and we are sat here saying 'maybe next season'. Its like not signing Sonny Bradley killed us. No leadership or grit at the back at all. What is it Alex Ferguson said about building teams from the back.....we can have all of the best attacking talent in the world but that won't get us promoted.

It got massively played down that the Richardson effect was over estimated but there aren't really any other differences from where Cook had success is there?
It's not working is it? on 18:42 - Oct 16 with 877 viewsSteveDt

With you on that.

It’s down to coaching , it’s poor game management, it’s not once or twice it’s every game , who is coaching game management because his mates he employed as coaches are not , thinking the new manager is already here , Peter Reid will be asked to step up in a few weeks time when he is settled
It's not working is it? on 18:43 - Oct 16 with 878 viewsSomethingBlue

Two different squads, very similar failings, one common denominator, time ticking fast unfortunately as he’s clearly a good guy.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

It's not working is it? on 18:43 - Oct 16 with 875 viewschicoazul

Every time we change the manager things get worse.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

It's not working is it? on 18:43 - Oct 16 with 875 viewsgazzer1999

It's not working is it? on 18:39 - Oct 16 by Churchman

End of the month, but start sounding out for a replacement now. In Ashton and O’Leary’s shoes that’s what I’d be doing.

If the Americans really do have the money, it’s worth getting rid of Cook and his mob as long as a high calibre team is lined up.

End of this month then no compo to pay, one of Evans fave tactics like with Hurst.
It's not working is it? on 18:43 - Oct 16 with 871 viewsSteve_M

Nope, not remotely like it. And whatever anyone says, no one actually thought we would win once their first went in.

I’ve had enough of Cook. Underachieving far more than Lambert let alone Keane & Jewell.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

It's not working is it? on 18:47 - Oct 16 with 833 viewshomer_123

Well....having reflected on our start to the season by homer_123 2 Oct 2021 17:53
and the period following Cooks appointment.

That'll do for me, time for a change.

The squad assembled is ridiculous for this level...the backroom is questionable and that really needs to be addressed.

For whatever reason he cannot seem to get us into any kind of consistent form.

I like him, he seems utterly genuine and clearly wants it to work...he has the pedigree but it's not working.

I think we need a change now though.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

It's not working is it? on 18:49 - Oct 16 with 799 viewshomer_123

It's not working is it? on 18:43 - Oct 16 by Steve_M

Nope, not remotely like it. And whatever anyone says, no one actually thought we would win once their first went in.

I’ve had enough of Cook. Underachieving far more than Lambert let alone Keane & Jewell.

It's the one consistent thing with Cooke isn't it. Boy when we concede we fold like a cheap nylon suit bought from a market stall.

It's not working is it? on 18:52 - Oct 16 with 770 viewsBlueBadger

It's not working is it? on 18:47 - Oct 16 by homer_123

Well....having reflected on our start to the season by homer_123 2 Oct 2021 17:53
and the period following Cooks appointment.

That'll do for me, time for a change.

The squad assembled is ridiculous for this level...the backroom is questionable and that really needs to be addressed.

For whatever reason he cannot seem to get us into any kind of consistent form.

I like him, he seems utterly genuine and clearly wants it to work...he has the pedigree but it's not working.

I think we need a change now though.

He's a weird one isn't he? He never comes across as out of his depth like Hurst or as patently lazy, incompetent and more interested in press conferences than coaching like Lambert but yet.....the same mistakes are STILL happening and he's somehow got a worse win ratio than the bloke who preceded him who is arguably our worst ever manager.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 16:30]

It's not working is it? on 18:55 - Oct 16 with 724 viewshomer_123

It's not working is it? on 18:52 - Oct 16 by BlueBadger

He's a weird one isn't he? He never comes across as out of his depth like Hurst or as patently lazy, incompetent and more interested in press conferences than coaching like Lambert but yet.....the same mistakes are STILL happening and he's somehow got a worse win ratio than the bloke who preceded him who is arguably our worst ever manager.

It's not working and moreover we are not even seeing marginal improvements.

Time for a change as I said back then...just can't see him turning it around even though I really want him to.

All extremely frustrating 😤

It's not working is it? on 18:57 - Oct 16 with 689 viewsgazzer1999

It's not working is it? on 18:52 - Oct 16 by BlueBadger

He's a division 3 manager nothing more and is happy there as he keeps telling us "I know this division well".
So on win ratio's that makes him our worst manager then doesn't it?, however he is not the biggest and worst bell end as that honour will never be taken away from the dark lord.
It's not working is it? on 19:01 - Oct 16 with 663 viewsOldboy

With you on that.

Draw with Portsmouth and beat Fleetwood and people will be saying we have turned the corner. The problem is our fixtures up to the end of January. Think the owners will give him until Christmas, which will be to late to save this season.
It's not working is it? on 19:05 - Oct 16 with 621 viewsChurchman

It's not working is it? on 18:43 - Oct 16 by gazzer1999

End of this month then no compo to pay, one of Evans fave tactics like with Hurst.

No, I always thought end of October was reasonable to produce a semblance of a team. Earlier is too soon, later leaves the replacement little chance to do anything.

Two months gives the new manager and his team time to assess the players and what’s needed before the transfer window.

Evidence? When MM was appointed end of October it gave him a chance to rescue us from the disaster that laughable joke of a manager Jewell had left. MM needed every month of that. The replacement for Cook will need the same time to at least make us competitive with the big boys of Wigan, Plymouth, Wycombe and co. Especially as Bonne could well be gone in January.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 19:06]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024