Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today's highlights 18:55 - Oct 16 with 1315 viewsgtsb1966

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12435850/cambridge-2-2-ips
Today's highlights on 18:58 - Oct 16 with 1268 viewsZXBlue

Hladky looked even worse on replay for the 2nd goal. Just sort of full over backwards .
Today's highlights on 19:04 - Oct 16 with 1230 viewsWickets

Today's highlights on 18:58 - Oct 16 by ZXBlue

Hladky looked even worse on replay for the 2nd goal. Just sort of full over backwards .

Looking for excuses i suppose but was he shoved ?
Today's highlights on 19:07 - Oct 16 with 1212 viewsZXBlue

Today's highlights on 19:04 - Oct 16 by Wickets

Have a look at the highlights? No shove apparent. Just shuffles backwards into an opponent standing there, and collapses like Paul Alcock.
Today's highlights on 19:09 - Oct 16 with 1191 viewsjas0999

Terrible defending …
Today's highlights on 19:10 - Oct 16 with 1173 viewsHerbivore

That was embarrassing from Hladky. Thought he'd started to settle down a bit in recent weeks but it seems not. He's no better than Holy. Really hope Walton is fit soon and proves to be an upgrade. I remain unconvinced by the CBs as well, some shoddy defending in there.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Today's highlights on 19:11 - Oct 16 with 1165 viewsquad

Today's highlights on 19:04 - Oct 16 by Wickets

He was already on the floor before their bloke headed it in so I'm guessing he was pushed but he's got to be stronger. Piss poor defending from Burgess and Edmondson.
Today's highlights on 19:13 - Oct 16 with 1146 viewsquad

Not as bad as their first goal where the bloke was COMPLETELY UNMARKED. FFS.
Today's highlights on 19:13 - Oct 16 with 1139 viewsPlums

The defensive ‘organisation’ for that first goal was woeful.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Login to get fewer ads

Today's highlights on 19:16 - Oct 16 with 1131 viewsZXBlue

Today's highlights on 19:13 - Oct 16 by quad

Not as bad as their first goal where the bloke was COMPLETELY UNMARKED. FFS.

Mill sdescribed it well- Janoi "over covered". Of course, that is where you want your right midfielder covering but in a 4 2 3 1, there isnt one.
Today's highlights on 19:22 - Oct 16 with 1094 viewsPinewoodblue

Today's highlights on 19:11 - Oct 16 by quad

He was already on the floor before their bloke headed it in so I'm guessing he was pushed but he's got to be stronger. Piss poor defending from Burgess and Edmondson.

If he was pushed they must have very long arms as no Cambridge player anywhere near him.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Today's highlights on 19:23 - Oct 16 with 1083 viewsLightworker

Today's highlights on 19:10 - Oct 16 by Herbivore

That was embarrassing from Hladky. Thought he'd started to settle down a bit in recent weeks but it seems not. He's no better than Holy. Really hope Walton is fit soon and proves to be an upgrade. I remain unconvinced by the CBs as well, some shoddy defending in there.

Burgess looks like he was given a torrid time by Ironside based on those clips.
Today's highlights on 19:24 - Oct 16 with 1078 viewsPendejo

Is it my imagination or were there shades of Heathcote about that equaliser.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Today's highlights on 19:30 - Oct 16 with 1046 viewsquad

Today's highlights on 19:16 - Oct 16 by ZXBlue

Mill sdescribed it well- Janoi "over covered". Of course, that is where you want your right midfielder covering but in a 4 2 3 1, there isnt one.

I don't know but it's absolutely criminal even at this level. No keeper is going to save many of those when the player has so much time and space to pick his spot.

And the defending for the 2nd goal was woeful too.

I really don't think Hladky is much at fault though everyone will blame him all the same. Any keeper will feel under pressure if the defence in front of him is all over the place. Hence why Walton conceded 5 against Bolton. It's not the keepers that are the issue IMO.
Today's highlights on 19:32 - Oct 16 with 1034 viewsHerbivore

Today's highlights on 19:30 - Oct 16 by quad

I don't know but it's absolutely criminal even at this level. No keeper is going to save many of those when the player has so much time and space to pick his spot.

And the defending for the 2nd goal was woeful too.

I really don't think Hladky is much at fault though everyone will blame him all the same. Any keeper will feel under pressure if the defence in front of him is all over the place. Hence why Walton conceded 5 against Bolton. It's not the keepers that are the issue IMO.

Likewise, defenders get edgy when they don't trust the keeper behind them. Hladky has been really poor so far.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Today's highlights on 19:35 - Oct 16 with 1018 viewsBluecasp

What was Hladky doing for the second goal? Laying an egg! Burgess looked pretty poor in those highlights as well.
Today's highlights on 19:38 - Oct 16 with 1006 viewsquad

Today's highlights on 19:35 - Oct 16 by Bluecasp

What was Hladky doing for the second goal? Laying an egg! Burgess looked pretty poor in those highlights as well.

He was already laid out on the floor before their player headed it in. I guess he got bundled over by one of their players on the sly because they knew he was a lightweight.
Today's highlights on 19:45 - Oct 16 with 968 viewsquad

Today's highlights on 19:32 - Oct 16 by Herbivore

Likewise, defenders get edgy when they don't trust the keeper behind them. Hladky has been really poor so far.

Agreed. Clearly Edmondson doesn't trust him judging by the way he lost his rag with him at one point in the game. We haven't seen enough of Walton though to know whether he is going to be trusted any more though. I don't know if he's the answer.

On current evidence the defence was far better last season which is really depressing. Our keepers last season were pretty rubbish but we were still keeping clean sheets a lot more.
Today's highlights on 20:03 - Oct 16 with 899 viewsJermynblue

Today's highlights on 19:16 - Oct 16 by ZXBlue

I think that Mick was hard towards Janoi having now seen the highlights. Once Burgess got the wrong side of the forward the two remaining defenders that side have to shuffle across and that includes Janoi covering the Cambridge player in the centre. That then leaves two possible options to cover the remaining Cambridge player on our right - our right sided player in the 3 or one of the two holding midfielders. We don't seem to have got this right at all this season as it is not the first time we have been exposed when the defenders have needed to shuffle across. Not saying that it easy for either to cover really quickly and needs player awareness of the situation to cover back very quickly. It is definitely a weakness of the system Cook plays and I feel opposition coaches will be looking at that to exploit it.
Today's highlights on 20:12 - Oct 16 with 852 viewsZXBlue

Today's highlights on 20:03 - Oct 16 by Jermynblue

I think that Mick was hard towards Janoi having now seen the highlights. Once Burgess got the wrong side of the forward the two remaining defenders that side have to shuffle across and that includes Janoi covering the Cambridge player in the centre. That then leaves two possible options to cover the remaining Cambridge player on our right - our right sided player in the 3 or one of the two holding midfielders. We don't seem to have got this right at all this season as it is not the first time we have been exposed when the defenders have needed to shuffle across. Not saying that it easy for either to cover really quickly and needs player awareness of the situation to cover back very quickly. It is definitely a weakness of the system Cook plays and I feel opposition coaches will be looking at that to exploit it.

I agree. He overcovered, but had he not done so, he probably left a similar problem. Impossible choice.
Today's highlights on 20:25 - Oct 16 with 806 viewschrismakin

Both goals are shockingly bad defensively when you watch them back

Hladky, pointing out the freeman on the first... see's the pass coming yet stays in one spot. Not saying it's his job to be marking that player of course lol, but he could have been more in his face as he received the ball.. fk knows where our other players are in that move

2nd goal, beside Hladky being shot... it's funny how the ball floats to the back post, of 3 town players 1 jumps, yet also look at 2 of our other central players who run towards the back post as the ball floats across.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Today's highlights on 14:52 - Oct 17 with 473 viewsWickets

Today's highlights on 19:23 - Oct 16 by Lightworker

Burgess looks like he was given a torrid time by Ironside based on those clips.

He was Ironside was for me MOM . Burgess will have better games but he was done by Ironside for the first goal .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024