Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where was the right-side of our defence for CU's first goal? 19:08 - Oct 16 with 417 viewswhymark4lazio0

"Highlights" from game here:-

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-one/12

Their first goal turned the game. I know that Burgess got done to get CU breaking forward. But from that point it looked like:-

a) They, as a team, were running forward with more determination than we were to defend.
b) Our defenders were drawn to the ball and not looking for runners or holding shape
c) Their scorer was left totally free in acres of space on our right-hand side.

It looks as though we went 2-0 and stopped concentrating and running hard for those vital few minutes before halftime - really disappointing as we had played so well and battled so hard for 40 minutes. I hope that's another lesson learned.

Lessons learned so far this season (I hope)

1. You have to earn the right to play
2. When you're winning, the whole team must keep running and concentrating.

Poll: Should these Polls show number of votes as well as percentages?

Where was the right-side of our defence for CU's first goal? on 19:11 - Oct 16 with 383 viewsWicklowBlue

Not the first time we've got into a winning position and then concede within 10mins. We have to learn to tighten up and play safe immediately after scoring.

As for the first goal, Janoi is right on top of the CBs for some reason.
Where was the right-side of our defence for CU's first goal? on 19:15 - Oct 16 with 366 viewsgalacticoblue

It’s ok as we thought the whole game was won
Where was the right-side of our defence for CU's first goal? on 19:17 - Oct 16 with 357 viewswhymark4lazio0

Where was the right-side of our defence for CU's first goal? on 19:11 - Oct 16 by WicklowBlue

Not the first time we've got into a winning position and then concede within 10mins. We have to learn to tighten up and play safe immediately after scoring.

As for the first goal, Janoi is right on top of the CBs for some reason.

Not the first time Janoi has drifted to the centre of the pitch- that's ok if the players in front of him run back to cover the space he leaves but far too often the right side of our defence is empty. i don't know what's going wrong but we've conceded a few goals on our right-side.

Poll: Should these Polls show number of votes as well as percentages?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024