Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brentford are amazing is this game… technical and energetic play 19:22 - Oct 16 with 820 viewsunstableblue

May well lose

But WHAT a display and what a style

They put in a technical director of real substance a long time ago, then a pair of technical directors and from that have a built a momentum and project that has got them to this… steady improvement, heavy fan involvement, managers interchangeable

I have a real fear that what Ashton has built is miles off… and if Cook doesn’t make it, we’ll be left with something way off the mark

Concerning

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Brentford are amazing is this game… technical and energetic play on 19:27 - Oct 16 with 780 viewscoleking

100% and CFC get 3 points cos they have a manager with a clue

Poll: Cook out

Brentford are amazing is this game… technical and energetic play on 19:59 - Oct 16 with 722 views_sanctimoanious_

Brentford are amazing is this game… technical and energetic play on 19:27 - Oct 16 by coleking

100% and CFC get 3 points cos they have a manager with a clue

And possibly a goalkeeper in the form of his life
Brentford are amazing is this game… technical and energetic play on 20:05 - Oct 16 with 713 viewsunstableblue

Brentford are amazing is this game… technical and energetic play on 19:59 - Oct 16 by _sanctimoanious_

And possibly a goalkeeper in the form of his life

Some of those saved?’

But again hats off to Brentford… Chelsea manager basically saying it was like the Alamo and felt like they had extra players on the pitch

Again I am just not convinced we have something as progressive and technical being created around Ashton…. Really fear if Cook goes (which is becoming possibly deserved) we may enter a world of pain… down in Bristol last weekend. I was trying to convince people down there that Cook had learned… wouldn’t have it.

Brentford are amazing is this game… technical and energetic play on 20:12 - Oct 16 with 698 viewsThe_Realist_09

I think they mentioned this sort of stuff will come in time.

I like Paul Cook as a man but I don't actually think he's the type of manager the new owners will look for long term with the statistics based recruitment etc.

I would guess with his track record it was hoped he could get us out of this league before the new club structure and philosophy was fully in place.
Brentford are amazing is this game… technical and energetic play on 20:12 - Oct 16 with 695 views_sanctimoanious_

Brentford are amazing is this game… technical and energetic play on 20:05 - Oct 16 by unstableblue

Some of those saved?’

But again hats off to Brentford… Chelsea manager basically saying it was like the Alamo and felt like they had extra players on the pitch

Again I am just not convinced we have something as progressive and technical being created around Ashton…. Really fear if Cook goes (which is becoming possibly deserved) we may enter a world of pain… down in Bristol last weekend. I was trying to convince people down there that Cook had learned… wouldn’t have it.

To have a successful technical director you need to have a certain style and philosophy and stick to it. Your manager hire will reflect this style. GB was the last man who took it upon himself to build a philosophy and stick rigidly to it, with repetitive training and consistent playing style - fans would moan he never had a plan b…….. the test is when things start getting difficult you do stray from you philosophy for that quick fix like we did with Royle and Swansea did for a spell.
Brentford are amazing is this game… technical and energetic play on 20:28 - Oct 16 with 649 viewsunstableblue

Brentford are amazing is this game… technical and energetic play on 20:12 - Oct 16 by _sanctimoanious_

To have a successful technical director you need to have a certain style and philosophy and stick to it. Your manager hire will reflect this style. GB was the last man who took it upon himself to build a philosophy and stick rigidly to it, with repetitive training and consistent playing style - fans would moan he never had a plan b…….. the test is when things start getting difficult you do stray from you philosophy for that quick fix like we did with Royle and Swansea did for a spell.

I thought of Burley and his project when I was considering Brentford’s success… very distinctive style and philosophy, high energy, pass and high movement… slow progression and building of the right players

The difference is that when burley faltered and left… that enduring philosophy left the building and there was nothing….

Cook leaves…. We go back to the drawing board, and gamble on the next manager

Brentford are amazing is this game… technical and energetic play on 20:33 - Oct 16 with 644 viewsunstableblue

Brentford are amazing is this game… technical and energetic play on 20:12 - Oct 16 by The_Realist_09

I think they mentioned this sort of stuff will come in time.

I like Paul Cook as a man but I don't actually think he's the type of manager the new owners will look for long term with the statistics based recruitment etc.

I would guess with his track record it was hoped he could get us out of this league before the new club structure and philosophy was fully in place.

But what structure and philosophy are we talking about?! We’ve just brought over loads of roles from Bristol that failed. I don’t see any appointments related to an enduring style and philosophy

I’m probably being over dramatic following a trip to Bristol

But you know… just be careful what you wish for if Cook leaves… got a very bad feeling about this

Brentford are amazing is this game… technical and energetic play on 21:16 - Oct 16 with 596 viewsBurns7

Ashton has not succeeded at West Brom, Watford and Bristol City. He’s only got a job here because he convinced a bunch of gullible yanks to buy the club
Login to get fewer ads

Brentford are amazing is this game… technical and energetic play on 22:25 - Oct 16 with 549 viewsunstableblue

Brentford are amazing is this game… technical and energetic play on 21:16 - Oct 16 by Burns7

Ashton has not succeeded at West Brom, Watford and Bristol City. He’s only got a job here because he convinced a bunch of gullible yanks to buy the club

I have very deep concerns about Cook going and Ashton being given more of a say in footballing matters and in the selection of a new manager.

As you say Ashton appeared at a US soccer conference and talked some US friendly messaging

I hope I am wrong and I think Ashton had done good with the community outreach… but 100% of Watford and Bristol fans must have some argument

Brentford are amazing is this game… technical and energetic play on 00:54 - Oct 17 with 468 viewsEireannach_gorm

Brentford are amazing is this game… technical and energetic play on 20:05 - Oct 16 by unstableblue

Some of those saved?’

The concerning thing is that players and coaches are there because of Cook. What happens if a new manager comes in? It's getting messy now with the new broom plan clearly not working. The gelling excuse is wearing a bit thin also. Morsy was the answer, which he is clearly not. Fortunately we are scoring goals or we would be in the relegation zone of League One.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024