Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Toto HAS to start 20:56 - Oct 16 with 1097 viewsBlueStreak

Rubbish with the ball at his feet, yes, but unbelievable in the air. Very rarely loses a header. We need to get him in and learn to take pride in our defending again.

Doesn’t help that our defence clearly have absolutely no confidence in the keeper, and rightly so. We need him out asap, it’s causing so many of the issues here.
Toto HAS to start on 20:59 - Oct 16 with 1067 viewsN2_Blue

Keeper change and Nsiala in for Tuesday please

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Toto HAS to start on 21:59 - Oct 16 with 1000 viewshomer_123

Toto HAS to start on 20:59 - Oct 16 by N2_Blue

Keeper change and Nsiala in for Tuesday please

Nsiala in goal huh?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Toto HAS to start on 22:06 - Oct 16 with 989 viewsN2_Blue

Toto HAS to start on 21:59 - Oct 16 by homer_123

Nsiala in goal huh?

Probably make more saves than Hladky has...

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Toto HAS to start on 22:09 - Oct 16 with 976 viewsBonchosBicycle

We don't necessarily need our center backs to be awesome on the ball, just to be able to play it out to the midfield or rake the occasional long ball across the park.

We do need them to be impassable brick walls who dominate their own box and the opposition's forwards.

I think all our CBs are decent but Toto for me is the most solid in that regard. And FWIW I think his lack of ability with ball at feet is overstated. He's more than good enough for this level.
Toto HAS to start on 22:13 - Oct 16 with 966 viewsWicklowBlue

No he doesn't is the quick answer. If anything I think Walton will come in if fit.
Toto HAS to start on 22:55 - Oct 16 with 923 viewsHullblue

Disagree with the logic here.

The problem today wasn’t that we didn’t defend aerial balls well - it was that we gave them so many chances to get the ball in the box that they were bound to score at some point. Chiellini and Bonucci themselves would have struggled with all that.

Bringing in one defender who’s slightly stronger and better in the air (in theory) won’t make the difference. Keeping the ball better so we can defend high up the pitch will.

Edmundson defended well today but in the second half he also gave the ball away so many times just by refusing to take even the smallest risk. That gives teams like Cambridge the chance to put the pressure on. We need Woolfie in for one of the two, IMO.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Toto HAS to start on 18:48 - Oct 19 with 695 viewsBlueStreak

Time to prove me right PC!
Toto HAS to start on 21:59 - Oct 19 with 551 viewsBlueStreak

Oi oi coyb
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024